Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES! It came out August 1st, and I rented it! I've watched twice, it's such an awesome, powerful, full of meaning movie! I totally love Natalie as Evey. I think this is one of the best roles she has protrayed yet! You got to see so much range of emotion, especially when she was being tortured. When I watched it the first time, I didn't know what to except and when it was over, I didn't know how to feel. However, when I watched it the 2nd time, I love it so much. The feelings between Evey and V is amazing. I think, as well, Evey was in love with V.

What was everyone's favorite Evey scene?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've watched my DVD 9x so far. It is seriously one of the most amazing movies ever!

Not sure if I have a fave Evey moment....maybe the ending with Finch.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

My favorite Evey scene would have to be when she is reading Valarie's story.

Does this movie remind you a bit of what happened in the past? Adolf Hilter and the jews. Sulter even remind me of Hilter. Freaky!
Old 08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I think he was supposed to have that Hilter vibe.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe.

Since no one will visit my V/Evey thread (), what is your favorite V/Evey scene together?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

UnsilentMajority, I do believe that is great insight into the film. I didn't, however, see V as homosexual - the shrine might point to it, but I think the egg flipping thing is reading too much into it Still I don't think his sexuality should have any effect on things, because as it is V is a complex character whose actions give us reason for thought and discussion - even if he was gay things wouldn't be different.

Jess, try to watch it if you can, it's excellent.

And yes, it gave me very strong Hilter/Nazi Germany vibes. I think it's supposed to, because that was the closest thing in real life to this fictional Britian. My favourite scene was her reading Valerie's story out - I teared up during that - and also when she found out V was the one torturing her, and after her intial shock and disgust, she wholeheartedly understood him, forgave him and was committed to the cause like never before. That was incredible. About the love, well, I think it was just loving each other because you work so closely with the other person so well, understanding the other so well and being just the two of you against the rest of the world that you fall in love with each other, rather than a romantic sort of love, but that's just me, and also I don't know how coherent I was in this last paragraph, so.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
New Fan

I bought the special edition DVD. Great movie. I rate it up there with the Burton Batman's and Batman Begins as far as comic (er graphic novel) derived movies go. Funny how it goes from big explosions to a gripping drama with political and social elements thrown in the mix.

BTW has anyone else seen the site Freedom! Forever! I might enter the contest to win the V constume. Heard it was worth close to $7000
Old 08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the thread, Hanzo!

A LOT of people are saying that the special addition with the posters & mask is a rip-off. And thanks for the link, Hanzo. Do you have a favorite scene in the movie?

Gwen: I totally agree with everything you said! How V/Evey love...
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that got the Hilter vibe! John Hurt even looks like him a bit... freaky!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Tina -

Since no one will visit my V/Evey thread (), what is your favorite V/Evey scene together?
Um.....I'm not really sure. I'm not really into the romance part when it comes to this movie. Which is rare for me, since I always go straight for the romance in anything, but when it comes to this story, there's so much else I go to first.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
I'm not really into the romance part when it comes to this movie. Which is rare for me, since I always go straight for the romance in anything, but when it comes to this story, there's so much else I go to first.
ITA. Normally I pick out the romance first, and I follow that (if nothing else), but this film had so much else going for it that the love was secondary. In fact it seemed a bit forced to me, like it was only there because in Hollywood productions there's usually a love story somewhere. Okay, not so forced because them falling in love with each other could happen, but it's not so much the romantic-type of love (and hence the shipper thread and stuff) - it's more a comrade-ish love. Sorry, Tina although it reflects well on the movie that the romance was a side issue. The actors have said they hoped this film would spark debate, and if only that we go for the themes first and not the romance - they have succeeded.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnightboy
ITA. Normally I pick out the romance first, and I follow that (if nothing else), but this film had so much else going for it that the love was secondary. In fact it seemed a bit forced to me, like it was only there because in Hollywood productions there's usually a love story somewhere. Okay, not so forced because them falling in love with each other could happen, but it's not so much the romantic-type of love (and hence the shipper thread and stuff) - it's more a comrade-ish love. Sorry, Tina although it reflects well on the movie that the romance was a side issue. The actors have said they hoped this film would spark debate, and if only that we go for the themes first and not the romance - they have succeeded.
I somewhat feel the same way. I mean, the romance between V/Evey was also in the graphic novel, which is why I do not feel V was gay. But, it does seem to go with the typical, gotta have a romance in the movie, sort of thing that goes with Hollywood. And, I really liked your "comrade-ish love" comment, I felt that as well. More like, they grew to understand and respect each other, but he falling in love.....I really didn't feel it as much. I much prefer the grander scaled message, how it is a political movie, and proposes so many questions, I love that.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
More like, they grew to understand and respect each other, but he falling in love.....I really didn't feel it as much. I much prefer the grander scaled message, how it is a political movie, and proposes so many questions, I love that
I agree. It definitely made you think which doesn't happen very often in Hollywood movies.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly. I love how after every single time I finish watching it, I'm just always contemplating things.....'What if our goverment was like that now?'
Old 08-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I understand and agree with all that you girls are saying.