Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Article about Nat with an interview related to the work she does for FINCA here

Maybe we could reserect the Portmanites - General Appreciation thread to talk about Nat's work for them
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, sounds good...where is that thread?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
Oh, sounds good...where is that thread?
lost in the mists of time that is the board nah I know where it is I'll bump it....
Old 07-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lol, ok.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Stagedoor Manor Reunion on July 24th

June 9, 2005 - by BWW News Desk

Stagedoor Manor, the prestigious performing arts camp, will be having a reunion on Sunday, July 24th in Loch Sheldrake, NY to celebrate the artistic training center’s 30th Anniversary summer. All alumni are invited to attend the reunion.

The reunion will take place on Sunday, July 24th at Kutchers. It will include a video retrospective spanning Stagedoor’s 30-year history and will feature such famous alumni faces as: Robert Downey, Jr., Mandy Moore, Zach Braff, Natalie Portman, Josh Charles, Felicity Huffman, Jon Cryer, Michael Ian Black, Mary Stuart Masterson, Bryce Dallas Howard, director Sean Levy (Pink Panther, Cheaper by the Dozen), stage director Gordon Greenberg (The Baker’s Wife), director Tina Landau (Floyd Collins) writer/director Todd Graff (Camp), screenwriter Mr. Blue (Death of a Dynasty, State Property 2), and Broadway stars Amy Ryan (A Streetcar Named Desire), Michelle Federer (Wicked), Sara Kramer (Mamma Mia!), and many more. Graff based the exuberant film Camp upon his experiences at Stage Door.

“Thirty years ago when my parents looked to the future they never could have imagined all the lives Stagedoor would touch,” said Cindy Samuelson, the daughter of founders Carl and Elsie Samuelson. “My parents adored children, loved theater and understood the creative spirit. Stagedoor has always been a family and we hope this anniversary will be a chance for alumni to reconnect and celebrate.”

The camp is also putting together a live alumni cabaret performance featuring some of Stagedoor’s best moments. It is tentatively scheduled to include performances from some famous faces. Nationally-recognized theater director Michael Larsen is handling the alumni performances, including appearances by Josh Charles, Yancy Arias, Cryer, Graff, Federer, Jonathan Marc Sherman, with more alumni also signing on as well.

For more information about the camp, visit www.stagedoormanor.com. For more information about attending the reunion please contact Konnie Kittrell at stagedooralum@aol.com or David Quinn at alumni@stagedoormanor.com.
Cool.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw that in some magazine, that is so cool!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

A possible role for Natalie? Read about it here.

Nat will be attending the San Diego comic con on friday. Let's see if she'll wear her, FINCA shirt. If not, then that was probaly in the same week.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I read that, the thing is its all very well them saying Nat, Keira, Reece etc but what about actually going with Marla Ruzicka choice of Drew and honouring her wishes.

Nat will be attending the San Diego comic con on friday. Let's see if she'll wear her, FINCA shirt. If not, then that was probaly in the same week.

what do you mean if she doesnt it was probably in the same week...
Old 07-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was on the other thread where she was wearing the FINCA shirt a couple of times. And I was saying that if she doesn't wear the FINCA shirt to San Diego, it was probaly in the same week that she wore the shirt. Did that make any sense?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Not really and its probably
Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the event she's attending.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

New article where Nat talks V, her hair and preparing for the role can be found here

Thank Nat's main site http://www.natalieportman.com/npcom.php for such fast updates. They are the best
Old 07-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That is the best Nat site around!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

An article about V for Vendetta!

Another Warners feature -- the Wachowski brothers' film production of the cult Alan Moore graphic novel "V for Vendetta" -- could face a marketing challenge. While "Star Wars" fave Natalie Portman is clearly a plus for fans, she plays opposite a man in a mask (Hugo Weaving, the villain in "The Matrix"). The film also unfolds in a future totalitarian London attacked by terrorists, but despite the recent London bombings, the studio still plans to release the movie Nov. 4.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

November 4th is ages away and Londoners are trying to forget about it now, its good they're keeping the release date otherwise it would be drawing attention to the events of 7/7/05 which is the last thing we here in England want.

Im glad they have the sense to realise that making a big deal over it would be the wrong thing to do .