Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, she actually looks like a grown-up version of Mathilda from Leon right there, but a little softer.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 07-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
Old 07-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

this movie definitely made people realize that she's mature. She was absolutely stunning!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Reviving the thread. By the way, SPOILER ALERT. (And yes, I know this is me repeating myself, but I had to worship the greatness that is this film. Her best acting, seriously).

I turned on the TV last night, at about 12.30am (incidentally, it's 12.35am now...anyway) and started channel surfing. And they were showing Closer on HBO, so I had to watch. Hadn't watched it i a while, and anyway it's an excellent movie. Was quite surprised they were showing it on HBO uncensored (and in Singapore, no less), but I suppose it was late enough.

So anyway it was excellent as usual. The thing about great acting (and plot) is that if it's good enough, you get suckered into the whole story - you forget that they're actors who probably are friends with each other off the set - you really felt as if they were people who loved and hated each other (sometimes at the same time) - they were Dan, Larry, Anna and Alice. And it hurt, and it was true, and it was real - just like real life, which makes it all the better.

And Natalie. What more can you say about the character of Alice? She really was the most complex character out of the four of them; the one who's cold and yet a romantic, the one who developed most, the one who was hurt most...and yet the one who came out best. She has all these sides to her that makes her so fascinating - and Natalie was a genius, being able to portray all that. 'The Blower's Daughter' once again shook (ok, not really, but it was moving) me, when they played it at the end - when we find out that Alice's real name really was Jane Jones, and when Dan finds out he never knew her at all. She really was "the blower's daughter" -

And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off you...
Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Add me Please! I saw Closer about a year ago and was just blown away by Natalies performance, she was so beautiful aswell

Did a little banner -
Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Great banner!

I definitely feel like I could watch this right now, having a bit of a pooey love situation.

goodnightboy, ITA with everything you said. There really were rich layers of history among the characters, and that came across in the acting. Especially Natalie, she was simply amazing. The scene between her and Clive Owen in the club still gets me every time, it's so unbelieveably raw and sad.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 12-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Aww poor you Shannon you can call me Gwen by the way, if it's easier. And yes, the club scene when you could see the desperation in Larry. And Alice, working the entire thing, being in complete control. Great, great acting.

I like the banner, too
Old 12-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

She had great acting in that scene, thanks for the comments
Old 12-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

But what was your favourite scene, overall? For both the movie and Natalie.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

The part where she gives the "I cant feel this love" speech, gets me all the time! She had some amazing lines
Old 01-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Well I love Closer and it has a lot of great scenes but I love the one when she leaves Jude Law for the first time, and also the one when she leaves him for the second time - you're right, she does have some great lines, and the "Where is this love? I can't feel it, I can't see it, I can't touch it" is one that does get me every time a lot of people have mentioned the one with her and Clive in the club, and while I think that is an incredible scene - it's Alice at her her most sly and alluring, yet honest - I just prefer her in the leaving scenes. It's more intimate and more painful.

But scenes without her: I love the ending, when 'The Blower's Daughter' plays for the second time and Anna and Larry are back together and Dan realises he never knew her at all, not even her name: the music fits the scene so perfectly.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

I have to mention Nat is excellent in this movie..I saw it ages ago and kept rewinding the scene where she slaps Jude Law's character her acting was stunning..
Old 01-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice banner, and I've added you (and your banner), GracesAngel. Sorry for the long wait, please forgive me.

Here are some pictures:

Dan & Alice
Behind the Scene

Natalie being pretty at the permiere
Old 01-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Aww those are great pictures! And Natalie is so pretty.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Have I been added?