Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

I mainly want to talk about my favorite couples. So I'm going to open threads for them on the Couples board. Another possibility to discuss the show.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's another great place to talk about it as well!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 05-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
I mainly want to talk about my favorite couples. So I'm going to open threads for them on the Couples board. Another possibility to discuss the show.
Good idea!
Old 05-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Sorry to see the board go.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-04-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I'm really kind of shocked that this board, one of those who were the best running boards here, is closing because of the low post counts. I'm really so sorry to see this board go because it used to be one of the places I posted on for a really long time. I still love the show but I didn't have the time to post here.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw it coming when I logged on May 1st but it's still so sad. I modded this board for around 7 years I believe

And not to sound petty, but this had never happened when I was modding, I think it's something to think about of rules.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

I think we didn't follow the rules all the time and so people who felt uncomfortable with certain opinions ran off. However, I have some opinions about people with thin skins.

I think worse than that is the show became very bad, and no one had anything good to talk about. Japril and MerDer threads are dead and those were the two most active before season 12.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

This is extremely sad but also not a surprise with the changes in the show. I haven't seen any of the new season & I know I only posted here a little bit but I would struggle to find the love for the show after some of the changes made. Its hard to discuss your favourite pairing (be it a friendship or relationship) when they're no longer together & in some cases one half isn't even in the show anymore. In saying that for those who do wish to continue to discuss the show there are numerous places to do so which is good

Also I feel that this thread should be more about saying goodbye to an amazing board which lasted an incredible amount of time than pointing blame

Thank you to all of the moderators & posters which dedicated their time & kept this board going & thriving for as long as you did You are all amazing

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to admit that I stopped watching the show when most of my faves have left but I use to dilligently post on this board back when the show was still a great interest to me.

Sorry to see this good but thanks for the memories
Old 05-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Also I feel that this thread should be more about saying goodbye to an amazing board which lasted an incredible amount of time than pointing blame

Thank you to all of the moderators & posters which dedicated their time & kept this board going & thriving for as long as you did You are all amazing
well said
There's no point in saying things would have gone differently under different circumstances.

Thanks to all the people who made this board get this far!!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Can anybody from the moderators open the Exhibitionists thread, please! I want to save the OP to the couple's board. It was a lot of work to do that.

http://www.fanforum.com/f210/exhibit...-j-c-63118418/

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Opened it

Old 05-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well if a board closes it's because something went wrong, so I think it's good to talk about what went wrong.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Personally I think a few things went wrong:

1. First and foremost the show became a complete disappointment. Removing too many critical characters and filling the cast with 2nd tier characters people did not care about. The cast size was too big in seasons 9 onward, but at least we had some of our key originals. Losing Cristina and then Derek was too much for the show to bear.

2. Some people, including myself at times, were too liberal in being honest about our feelings about the actresses', the characters, and the plots, so it frustrated those who like to live in harmony and happiness.

3. Too many sensitive people on the thread who were unable to tolerate perspectives that differed from their own. Some of them even assumed the role of a moderator, without actually being one.