Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That poor woman. It’s awful. And let us not forget that like half of Scott’s own relatives think he did it, most notably his sister.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Which says a lot
Old 11-18-2022, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I’m extremely suspicious of that podcast now that they’ve tried to declare Scott Peterson is innocent. No.he.is.not.
WTF. That is shocking. Why not give attention to lesser known cases if you're committed to this cause? Why does Scott Peterson's case need more attention? These people will do anything for publicity and profit.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
WTF. That is shocking. Why not give attention to lesser known cases if you're committed to this cause? Why does Scott Peterson's case need more attention? These people will do anything for publicity and profit.
I definitely felt like it was to get more attention, because unfortunately, a lot of people were misled by the A&E documentary (biased piece of trash that at points blatantly lies to the audience). So they wanted to jump on a higher-profile case and get more attention.

And as ever...circumstantial evidence is EVIDENCE. Valid legal evidence. Just like physical evidence, it can be solid or it can be weak (a good example of weak physical evidence that is used misleadingly is the DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey case - it is so scarce and so weak that multiple DNA experts have testified it's meaningless, and yet John Ramsey brings it up all the time like it proves he and his wife are definitively innocent). In the case of Scott Peterson, the circumstantial evidence against him can wallpaper California, and the alternate theories have way too many holes in them to be taken seriously (the one the doc focuses on most is the supposed witnesses who saw her - except they saw a pregnant woman in a white top and black pants. The exact clothes Laci's body was NOT found wearing and indeed the white top and black pants were found in her closet, one of Scott's arguably most glaring mistakes - he forget to get rid of the outfit he had decided to claim she was wearing. So unless you want to argue that these low level burglars somehow...let her go home and change? That's already out the window, the woman they saw is unknown, but clearly was not Laci).
Old 11-18-2022, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Or cases that were clearly poorly handled and there's genuine doubt that the guilty party was found.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Or cases that were clearly poorly handled and there's genuine doubt that the guilty party was found.
Yes, there's so many cases that absolutely never get attention at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I definitely felt like it was to get more attention, because unfortunately, a lot of people were misled by the A&E documentary (biased piece of trash that at points blatantly lies to the audience). So they wanted to jump on a higher-profile case and get more attention.

And as ever...circumstantial evidence is EVIDENCE. Valid legal evidence. Just like physical evidence, it can be solid or it can be weak (a good example of weak physical evidence that is used misleadingly is the DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey case - it is so scarce and so weak that multiple DNA experts have testified it's meaningless, and yet John Ramsey brings it up all the time like it proves he and his wife are definitively innocent). In the case of Scott Peterson, the circumstantial evidence against him can wallpaper California, and the alternate theories have way too many holes in them to be taken seriously (the one the doc focuses on most is the supposed witnesses who saw her - except they saw a pregnant woman in a white top and black pants. The exact clothes Laci's body was NOT found wearing and indeed the white top and black pants were found in her closet, one of Scott's arguably most glaring mistakes - he forget to get rid of the outfit he had decided to claim she was wearing. So unless you want to argue that these low level burglars somehow...let her go home and change? That's already out the window, the woman they saw is unknown, but clearly was not Laci).
Absolutely, there's a very prevalent view that physical evidence is infallible and must be relied upon completely. We have learned a lot over the last few decades about the nature of evidence, and most importantly, that we still have a long way to go for the science or technology to catch up too. In direct comparison to "circumstantial evidence" which is often dismissed and discredited by its mere nature.

Sometimes occam's razor needs to apply, similar to the JonBenet Ramsey case, the alternative theories for that are absolutely wild.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think there’s a real CSI effect. Jurors expect to be hand-held through rock solid physical evidence. But the real world doesn’t always work that way and nothing is preventing you from having some deductive reasoning skills, lol.

The conspiracy theories around major cases are almost always stupid tbh. Like, Peterson defenders don’t seem to like to bring up how the full theory of Laci being kidnapped is presented at the time - AKA that she was abducted by a Satanic cult. A sentence so dumb I may be slightly dumber for typing it.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, there's so many cases that absolutely never get attention at all.
Which is just frustrating
Old 11-20-2022, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I was venting today about the frustrations surrounding what gets attention re: sex trafficking. Because victims of sex trafficking are not usually cute white girls from nice neighborhoods. For OBVIOUS REASONS - they don't want that kind of heat and they have no need for it. They have plenty of victims the world won't miss :/ Foster kids, the undocumented, drug addicts, sex workers. The sad truth is, a lot of "cute white suburban girls", if they're trafficked, are trafficked by a parent. So there's all this hysteria over sex trafficking - with no real thought to actual victims, who continue to be ignored.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not surprised that it get ignored sadly
Old 11-22-2022, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I mean...there are people who matter in society and people who seem not to Hence our gun violence is actually much MORE catastrophic than it seems, because a lot of people who are killed are ignored by society.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Very true
Old 11-23-2022, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Fatal shootings in DC are terrible because it feels like every day. They don’t get a lot of attention but they’re never-ending.

Of course, my state has had two mass shootings in under a month and the one last night was less than 70 hours after the one in Colorado, so that’s just…insane.
Old 11-24-2022, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Most US shooting feel never ending now tbh
Old 11-24-2022, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

New thread time!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread