Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely, would love to seen them together in something else one day
Old 10-26-2022, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Mischa also had good chemistry with Evan Rachel Wood on Once and Again, and terrific chemistry with Ryan Eggold in their film. Mischa is a relatively solid chemistry generator.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She really is
Old 10-27-2022, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Yes, she actually had a lovely and sweet chemistry with Chris. Sometimes it was even at odds with the material because it really was sweet, kind of gentle.
Agreed. He seems very sweet on the podcast too.

Generating chemistry is so tricky, too. To be able to solidly have it is quite impressive.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
Agreed. He seems very sweet on the podcast too.

Generating chemistry is so tricky, too. To be able to solidly have it is quite impressive.
I don't always agree with Kristen Bell, lol, but she once described chemistry as like magic fairy dust, and you can't predict with whom you will have that magic fairy dust sprinkled on you. I think chemistry cannot be forced. You can't even act your way into it. It is some kind of connection you have with that actor, whether or not you even like them personally - something about the way you collide onscreen just works or it doesn't.

It may not help that Ben appeared to be generally disinterested in romantic plots (versus Mischa was at one point a vocal RM supporter and I think she sees the value of romance and chemistry in a show like that), but I'm not sure even that can fully explain it.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I don't always agree with Kristen Bell, lol, but she once described chemistry as like magic fairy dust, and you can't predict with whom you will have that magic fairy dust sprinkled on you. I think chemistry cannot be forced. You can't even act your way into it. It is some kind of connection you have with that actor, whether or not you even like them personally - something about the way you collide onscreen just works or it doesn't.

It may not help that Ben appeared to be generally disinterested in romantic plots (versus Mischa was at one point a vocal RM supporter and I think she sees the value of romance and chemistry in a show like that), but I'm not sure even that can fully explain it.
Lol, her and Chris on VM were a great example of that haha.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Absolutely, and even just the different types of chemistry that can exist too and ensuring it is appropriate for a specific dynamic.

Mindy mentioned that she witnessed the amazing chemistry between Ben and Nikki on set... and maybe IRL they did but it definitely did not come across on screen whatsoever, lol. Also it was a revelation that Nikki was only 16 when on the show. That added some context to her Mischa comments at the time. She genuinely looked, and her character appeared to be, so much older though.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

OMG, their scenes were a black hole, lol. Every second felt like an hour. I thought it couldn't get worse than it was with Shannon Lucio. I was wrong.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lol, their lack of chemistry couldn't have made it more clear who was the issue chemistry wise between Ben and Mischa.
Old 10-30-2022, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

LMAO Ben's chemistry with both Shannon and Nikki was horrific. I cannot watch his scenes with either of them at all, I find it painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Lol, their lack of chemistry couldn't have made it more clear who was the issue chemistry wise between Ben and Mischa.
Ben and Mischa had pretty consistent chemistry I think, what episodes come to mind where they had issues with chemistry?
Old 10-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Early S2 was not...the best for Ben and Mischa. In S3...it never got AS bad, but they were both pretty done in general and that was an issue, lol.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, a lot of S2 was pretty rough for them.
Old 10-31-2022, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Ah, early S2! Yes, agreed. Even the S2 promotional photos of them together looks awkward. I still can't believe Mindy said that Ryan's rage outburst at Marissa seemed so real that maybe it was more personal between Ben and Mischa - still think that is so wildly inappropriate. If there is any basis of truth to that than Mischa is much more forgiving than I would be, lol.

I always thought their kiss in Sandy's car was very awkward but I think that was more the script (maybe I just hated it at the time as a fan!).

They were much better in the beginning of S3 at least! It was lovely to watch. By the middle of the season they were both very clearly done with the show and I don't think anyone can blame them, lol.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
I still can't believe Mindy said that Ryan's rage outburst at Marissa seemed so real that maybe it was more personal between Ben and Mischa - still think that is so wildly inappropriate.
That was SUCH a weird thing for Mindy to say! I feel like she never would have said it if she'd never noticed any issues between Mischa and Ben irl.
Old 11-01-2022, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder what Ben and Mischa thought of that comment, lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread