Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2021, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Kelly Clarkson

yeah very curious about the album title as well I assume it's not the name of her single

Karen
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope it is not
Chelle » join GTmy artFBIL&O
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Kelly Clarkson

It's not! Official info out today!

The album will be released on October 15th and will be called "When Christmas Comes Around..."

Quote:
The album's standard edition features twelve tracks including the album's lead single Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You) plus covers of It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, Santa Baby and Last Christmas.

Original songs on the tracklist include Ariana Grande collaboration Santa, Can't You Hear Me, and Glow, a duet with country singer Chris Stapleton.

The deluxe version of When Christmas Comes Around... features three standalone Xmas tracks Kelly has released over the last few years, including 2017's Christmas Eve, and 2020's Under The Mistletoe with Brett Eldredge and All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Kelly's first Christmas album Wrapped In Red was released in October 2013 and peaked at Number 65 on the UK's Official Albums Chart. Wrapped In Red spawned the smash hit single Underneath The Tree, which reached a new peak of Number 15 on the Official Singles Chart in December 2020. Underneath The Tree is BRIT Certified Platinum and has accumulated 780,000 chart sales in the UK.

Kelly Clarkson has scored one UK Number 1 single - My Life Would Suck Without You, plus 17 UK Top 40 hits and five UK Top 10 albums. Look back at Kelly Clarkson's UK chart history in full.

Source: OfficialCharts.com
Here is the track list! (the last 3 songs are only on the Deluxe version!)

Quote:
1. Merry Christmas Baby
2. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
3. Christmas Isn't Cancelled (Just You)
4. Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know)
5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
6. Glow (with Chris Stapleton)
7. Santa Baby
8. Santa, Can You Hear Me (with Ariana Grande)
9. Last Christmas
10. Jingle Bell Rock
11. Blessed
12. Christmas Come Early
13. Under the Mistletoe (with Brett Eldredge) [Bonus Track]
14. All I Want for Christmas Is You [Bonus Track]
15. Christmas Eve [Bonus Track]

Karen
Old 09-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

I'm excited now Love the title.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Kelly Clarkson

yeah I love the title too! Very curious about the duets on there... I do believe the Ariana Grande duet and maybe i hope it will give Kelly some new fans.. maybe I am just hopefull

or at least give the album extra buzz

Karen
Old 09-22-2021, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

I think the Ariana duet will get a lot of attention especially on streaming.

I love Last Christmas so can't wait to hear her version
Old 09-22-2021, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Kelly Clarkson

I like Last Christmas too so curious to see how she takes on that song!

also very curious to see what the lead single of this album is gonna sound like TOMORROW!!!

I wonder if it's online when I wake up tomorrow

Also not surprising to see that the deluxe version of the album will contain the already released christmas songs she did in the past few years!

ETA:

apparently a preview clip was up on Itunes

Karen
Old 09-22-2021, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

I like it! Can't wait to hear the full song.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for everything

Much better title for the album
Still the lack of large font for the cover So many things I'd like to pick about that cover...

Nice that if you get the deluxe version you get the other tracks she's done the past few years since WIR was released

The tracklisting isn't impressing me unfortunately, but I'm sure it'll be an amazing album. Hopefully her originals really shine . If the first song is anything to go by I'm sure they will. Sure it is no UTT, but it still is nice. I think it is catchy. Then all the WIR era Easter Eggs/references There's the obvious lyrics - but also some of the images in the video are the same shots from shoots from that era too. My first reaction - take that Brandon, Kelly's back & you can't hurt her now. She's taking back her life & passions

Old 09-23-2021, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Kelly Clarkson

a font like Wrapped in Red had, a bit more curly would be nicer though I imagine Kelly had a say in this too

Yeah fun lyric video with a lot of easter eggs and hidden things that we might not even notice it's definitely a fun stab at past songs 'Underneath the tree' 'My favorite things' and 'Winter Dreams'

I like the song really.. it's fun and catchy and I love the lyrics.. I like how the song is a bit about being alone at christmas but she makes it empowering!

I wonder if we'll get an actual video or if we only get a lyric video

and the official disc

it looks good!

Karen

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 09-23-2021 at 10:39 AM
Old 09-23-2021, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

They lyric video is super cute! Loving the song after a few listens. Loving the references to past songs too!

I do wish the cover was a bit more Christmas-y but she still looks stunning. The second picture in the booklet is absolutely beautiful

Love her post too
Old 09-24-2021, 01:44 AM
Graphics Team Manager

See I don't mind the font so much, just the text size. It just doesn't pop on the cover. She stands out but the words just disappear. I like that it isn't Christmassy as I think that fits perfectly with how she's describing the album & where she is right now. I'd agree without knowing that background story, but reading that now I think it is perfect. It is like a grown up Christmas album fitting a more subtler Christmas. It possibly could've been a little bit more Christmassy as now it is more focusing on the 'Christmas canceled' side than in your face Christmas. But I like the feel of it.

Thanks for the booklet pages & merch info

Oddly one of the stores here have it available for preorder & has it priced about $4 higher than normal album but that is only meant to be for the 12 tracks too not the deluxe
Old 09-24-2021, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Kelly Clarkson

oh that's stupid .. maybe the prices will change

I still can't find it online on a dutch store or on amazon.. sadly

Karen
Old 09-24-2021, 06:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Presumably. They also are the first store with it. I think when the other store puts it up they'll do a little competition with their prices. I've seen them do it before, trying to compete with each other. I'm also hoping it is wrong about the tracklist

I was shocked that it was already up on one of the sites here tbh. Hopefully it turns up on one of your stores soon

Kelly Clarkson Shares the Inspiration Behind Her New Breakup Christmas Song and Holiday Album (Exclusive)
(whoever wrote this needs to go listen to My December as I think they think it is a Christmas album )

Some of the things she had to say in it:
Quote:
"There's a lot of songs on there that aren't necessarily your, like, 'Let's play and get in a jolly mood' kind of vibe Christmas. Some are, 'Let's really feel all the feelings' Christmas songs," she describes. "I think that's why I named it When Christmas Comes Around because I feel like that's a really good title because when Christmas comes around, we are all in different places."

"It's very representative of all those different emotions that one might be feeling around Christmas time," she adds, noting, "but there's some happy stuff too. It's like happy and sad, it's kind of all in there. 'Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You)' is the single for the record and honestly I was very nervous about sending it to the label 'cause it's not a typical Christmas single, believe that."

"I think if you'd been in a relationship that didn't work out and you're used to these surroundings, you're used to this place, it was like, OK, it didn't work out. That doesn't mean it's all ruined. That doesn't mean everything's over," she expresses. "So I wrote this whole song just at my house and without a track or anything. Just wrote the melody and lyrics out and had this whole idea for 'Christmas Isn't Canceled (Just You)' because…the song sounds happy but it's kind of a very funny lyric."

"It's a different Christmas album," she admits of the project. "It kind of feels more like an album you release normal, and then there's Christmas sprinkled on it. Anyway, I love it!"
Old 09-28-2021, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

That's funny people think My December is a christmas album

Did we know Merry Christmas Baby is an original song too?