Old 11-04-2018, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

aww
Old 12-16-2018, 10:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

This is actually from the start of the month, but only just seeing it now

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson Gets Emotional About Reba McEntire at 2018 Kennedy Center Honors

"Thank you so much, Reba for listening to me vent as an artist," she said (quote via USA Today). "Thank you so much for comforting me on the phone through my tears like a friend and thank you for being a really rad grandma for my kids."

"If we're all being honest, sometimes when we meet our heroes it doesn't always pan out how you hope," Clarkson said, starting her remarks, "but meeting Reba, being friends with her and eventually becoming family has been one of the highlights of my life — truly."

Source
If you skip to about 3.14 of the video below you can see Reba's part which Kelly is also a part of:

Its cute, or they're cute. Love it when Kelly's walking away & Reba says she loves her hair & Kelly says its not hers so Reba can have it

Other than a 50 minute video which I presume is the whole honour program I can't see Kelly's performance (& no idea if Kelly's in what I did see)

Reba said some nice things about Kelly in parts of this:

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-02-2019, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I wa over on Kelly’s Cautinary Tale thread totally confusing a duet she did with Reba, thinking it was Silent Night, when I was really just remembering this performance:

Old 01-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

that is a beautiful performance I love their outfits there too. That's probably one of my favourite performances of the song. This would probably have to be my favourite though simply because I think Kelly is cute fangirling

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love seeing her Fan Girl! When she went off on the Red Carpet at the Oscars after seeing Meryl Streep. Too hilarious!
Old 01-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Fangirl Kelly is one of my favourite things

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson delivers adoring speech in honor of country music icon Reba McEntire: 'Thank you for being a really rad grandma for my kids'

Kelly Clarkson gave a heartwarming speech in recognition of Reba McEntire, an honoree at the 41st annual Kennedy Center Honors event earlier this month. In the touching tribute to the country music icon, which aired on Wednesday, Clarkson expressed just how much of an inspiration McEntire has been to her. “I’ve been a fan of Reba since I was a little girl. Her voice has always felt nostalgic for me. Even as an adult, there’s something about her tone and her storytelling that just feels like home,” Clarkson said.

“Sometimes when we meet our heroes, it doesn’t always pan out how you hope," she continued. "But meeting Reba — being friends with her, and eventually becoming family — has been one of the highlights of my life, truly."

Clarkson expressed how appreciative she is for McEntire's influence on her family. “Thank you so much for listening to me vent as an artist," she said. "Thank you so much for comforting me on the phone through my tears like a friend. And thank you for being a really rad grandma for my kids.”

McEntire sounds like she shares Clarkson's feelings of love and respect. In 2015, she told ET that Clarkson is "a girl with a big heart." "Very giving, loving, and talented," she said. "Everybody knows she's talented but sometimes they don’t see that big-hearted, loving person that she really is," she added.

Source

From what I can tell there is a full version available for those in the US to watch but otherwise is region blocked

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Fangirl Kelly is one of my favourite things
Especially because it's so genuine!

Thanks for the news!
Old 01-07-2019, 12:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly & she's not ashamed to show it off

I love reading what they have to say about each other always so nice. Then always good to hear Reba is still considered Kelly's children's grandma even after Reba's divorce! I think we've had the confirmation before but still nice to know & see Reba at least kept some of her grandchildren in her life, especially when she doesn't have any biologically yet (I don't think - I at least haven't seen anything about her son having a child or getting married for that matter)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love seeing them live too, their comraderie is so infectious and sweet!
Old 01-07-2019, 01:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

yes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-07-2019, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If they could duet together with any song that’s not their own, what would you want to see them do?
Old 01-07-2019, 02:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd like it if they could write a song together & sing that but that's highly unlikely. I just think it'd be nice if they could sing some sort of song which represents their friendship/family or at least was something which came from them. But I also can accept that Reba's not a songwriter - any of her songs she's had writing credit on she's more done a few lines in. I still think though that they could do something, even if Kelly was the main one writing it. Then they'd have lots of fun together trying to write it too. Mainly I'd like to see them do something original over a cover even if its not something they've written

Another (impossible) thing I'd like to see happen is for them to record the song they were meant to do before they went with Because of You. That sounded like a personal song too but no idea if it was. I just know that they were originally going to do one song for Reba's Duets album but then after the Crossroads special they did they then recorded the duet of Because of You instead. At least we've got this: A Lot Like You

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-07-2019, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love that too, Original are always better, but I know of Reba’s lack of it, but tries to involve herself.

I’ve always wanted to hear Kelly do a Billy Holiday song, in the classic jazz sound too.

But for her and Reba as a duet, I would love to see them tackle something by Stevie Nicks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread