Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chemistry {Album} #2 | "There are many stages of grief & loss on this album. Each song is a different stage and emotional state." - KC

CHEMISTRY
n e w s, s p e c u l a t i o n, a n d
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d

→ #2

News and Speculation:
• She has been doing some recording on the side during the Meaning of Life Tour
• In an interview last fall (2018?) they were still determining the direction of the album with her label.
• Apparently some superstar producers were approached.
• Kelly Clarkson mentioned a song 'Down To You' in a clip on The Voice
• Kelly said she would finish the album in Spring 2020 (before the news of her divorce) which might have delayed the release or perhaps gave the album a new 'spin'?
River recorded something during the recording of I Dare You that might end up on a future album? Plus she teased a collab/duet with an artist she loves.
• Kelly revealed after her divorce that this might be her most personal album so far. "The whole record is basically every emotion you experience from the beginning of a relationship to the end of what it is now, and it's been very therapeutic for me."
• "I'm excited I had it as an outlet, I'm not so excited about like, you know, everyone hearing all of it. But I guess we go through things to experience them with everyone" (Kelly about songs on the new album)
• Part of a lyric of a song on the new album: "It's not living, but it'll do"
• Kelly has confirmed that she has a song called 'Rock Hudson' for her upcoming album. Some lyrics that are part of the song: "By the way piece by piece I found out my hero's me." / "Even even though my heart is broken...was worth the dance anyway".
• Brynn Cartelli wrote a song that might end up on Kelly's album. Brynn described the song as "very special, really emotional song.". The rest of the album is written by Kelly herself supposedly.
• 2 new Kelly songs have been registered on Priscilla Renea website: 'Step Up' & 'Something', perhaps for the new album?

Track listing
1. Skip This Part
2. Mine
3. High Road
4. Me
5. Down to You
6. Chemistry
7. Favorite Kind of High
8. Magic
9. Lighthouse
10. Rock Hudson
11. My Mistake
12. Red Flag Collector
13. I Hate Love (featuring Steve Martin)
14. That's Right (featuring Sheila E.)

Awards:

Award Show:
Year: Category (Song)

Past Threads:
01 : 02 : 03
OP made by: shining distraction / shinebrighterxx

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 04-22-2023 at 09:28 PM Reason: Updated OP with album information
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

someone on twitter asked this week, and someone responded with this:

I updated the OP with bits from the previous thread.

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 08-05-2021 at 12:57 PM
Old 08-06-2021, 01:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the new thread & those speculation news
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I browsed through the entire thread, as I posted them, I was like, this is old and perhaps not becoming true anymore.. since I assume that the actual non christmas album might have an entire new feel ever since her decision to divorce..

Old 08-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It will be interesting to see what ends up being true & not about the non-holiday album. Things change, especially when you go through something like Kelly has
Old 08-09-2021, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I can imagine that many songs that perhaps were recorded might end up being benched..
I can imagine that the concept of the album changes.. unless their issues were going on for a very long time and it was all very much put into her writing already

though I remember her words saying she wrote like 60 songs, I can imagine it must be a hard pick as well

Old 08-10-2021, 01:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

She's been working on it for a while. I feel like it'll change from the feelings it was originally coming from. Whatever she was working from to then go through all of this & everything that 2020 brought to the table too. It is going to change how she's feeling & what she needs to get out. But I also think there will be a lot she keeps to herself & possibly can't also put out there too. I imagine she'll be silenced about the divorce & also keep some things private in respect for their children
Old 08-11-2021, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah which I can totally understand!

I can imagine that some things are too personal and I imagine she'll pick the songs out where she feels like it could help people the most? I think she said that in an interview once this year that she hopes it will help people

Old 08-29-2021, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

We might have to make another thread, since Kelly will soon confirm that she's doing a Christmas album, might as well make this thread about album #10 and a seperate one for the Christmas one

people at the taping in NY said she's been giving interviews to TV channels probably ahead of the S3 premiere.. and she's been talking about a christmas album and how Atlantic Records wanted to do it... and that she wasn't in the mood for it exactly but I assume that's why it's not the typical Christmas album.. I'm curious now

Old 08-29-2021, 02:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

ugh I hate the sound of her making a Christmas album & not being in the mood for it. Sounds a bit like another label telling her what to do instead of listening to her

Yeah we can do that with the thread & start a Christmas one. Or wait a few days for her to actually announce the Christmas one properly
Old 08-29-2021, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah perhaps she will tell it a bit better when those interviews air...
I do get that it is not a good time to release a normal album when the holidays come near...

I'm okay with a Christmas album though as long as it's good music

It at least gives us new music/album to enjoy and I assume there might be other things behind the scenes going on that might influence the release of the other album.

I do hope she was able to make it her own that album..
from a business aspect I do understand Atlantic for wanting to release a record.. It's been almost 4 years since MoL so yeah they want to make some money

yeah gotta wait for the official announcement first

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 08-29-2021 at 10:35 AM
Old 08-31-2021, 12:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully she does. For now at least reading your post it sounds like they've told her she has to release a Christmas album even though she didn't want to. I get the business perspective too but no one should have the right to tell an artist that they have to release a set type of album or song just because they want them to. That's no fair. Advice them that it'd be beneficial to release one sooner as it has been X amount of time & tell them that less wait time between is better. Someone like Kelly though the wait time isn't going to damage her sales that much I don't think. Especially since she's still in the public eye every day just about. It just may not be making her label any money until she does release the album.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah perhaps she puts it better than what the fans are telling online so far.... let's hope so!

Old 09-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
I'm okay with a Christmas album though as long as it's good music

It at least gives us new music/album to enjoy and I assume there might be other things behind the scenes going on that might influence the release of the other album.
Agreed and her Christmas music is always great!

I think the delay in the other album is because of the divorce not being finalised.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

agreed
Reply   Post New Thread