Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2023, 01:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think Spotify is a store you buy music from. If you've got a premium account you can stream the songs offline. You can currently preorder the album off iTunes, it doesn't show if the songs will be individually available yet. The physical copy of the album presumably will be in any store you can buy CDs from once it is released next month.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I don't think Spotify is a store you buy music from. If you've got a premium account you can stream the songs offline. You can currently preorder the album off iTunes, it doesn't show if the songs will be individually available yet. The physical copy of the album presumably will be in any store you can buy CDs from once it is released next month.
Thanks for the info. I haven't bought music in a long time. Can't afford it and I lost most of my extensive CD collection in the flood last year. Lost all my albums too. It is what it is.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

that's so sad

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-28-2023, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
that's so sad
Thank you. It was horrible. Lost one dog too...but I had to come back to the house to get my 3 big dogs back. My little one isn't a problem-I lived in one of my bosses' apartments rent free for 5 months and my friend Gail took my 3 big dogs and kept them for me. I was just shocked how little help any government gives flood victims. I expected some govt. entity would buy all of us out. Nope. I'm still waiting on the help to fix my wooden floor and get me some doors. I have someone who says they have a donor but it takes time to get everything worked out. (No flood insurance)
Good news is someone gave me a car. Or I wouldn't have that either. So I'm thankful for all the help I did get.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sounds like here then. There was flooding in March last year (or maybe it was the year before or both years?) & some are still waiting for the government to supply the help they were supposedly going to give. It is also amazing how many home & contents insurance don't cover flood & people presume it does (not sure if that happened to you, but I know of it occurring in the past at least in my country).

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-30-2023, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to have flood insurance. It got so high that my Mom got rid of it before she died. So I'm still debating what to do. Part of me wants to fix this one up and try to sell it...and leave here. But I love the house and the neighborhood. It's just no longer safe. And the city can't tell us really what they're doing to mitigate flood damage in this neighborhood. Don't really think there's anything they can do. From climate change to "progress" - you cut down trees and mountains for progress, you get more floods and they get worse as time goes on and more development happens.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's the hard part - the cost. It may help out when you get the damage, but you put a lot into it waiting for that moment & hoping it doesn't come.

Hard choice. I wouldn't know what to do either. It'd help if the city could give you some answers too. At least then you can make an informed decision based on what risk you'd have for flood again.

As you said though there isn't always something they can do. Changes need to be made for "progress" & for city growth.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-31-2023, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The city is removing debris from the creek. And "studying" the situation. They've been
"studying" it since 1990, which was the first time it got in the whole house. That was when they cut our mountain and trees down to build Kinetic Park and that runoff went straight to our creek. And now they say they're going to build another school on the other side of this park. More trees cut and more runoff. It's over budget and they're having problems already, so we are hoping it doesn't get built.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Well these things clearly take time
Sounds to me more like they're making unnecessary changes which is only making things worse. Why cut a mountain? Can't people have hills in their lives? Sounds silly. People need to think before making changes. Hopefully they have to change their plans for the school they want to build

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well these things clearly take time
Sounds to me more like they're making unnecessary changes which is only making things worse. Why cut a mountain? Can't people have hills in their lives? Sounds silly. People need to think before making changes. Hopefully they have to change their plans for the school they want to build
Yes indeed. The school that's here, close to me, looks perfectly fine. It doesn't need to be replaced yet.
idk-I'd like to leave this city...but it's very hard to find a house with a fenced in yard. That doesn't cost a fortune. And houses are being bought up in a month or less when they go on sale. I've never seen anything like it.

Hey, let me know when Kelly's Deluxe cd will be in stores - hopefully Wal Mart gets it but if not-maybe Target will. Thanks for caring about my problems.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They replace schools over there & not just improve them or extend them?

Places can sell in days & weeks here, so a month sounds long to me . But yes it is impossible to find places that tick all the boxes & don't get snatched up quickly.

September 22nd is the release date

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-03-2023, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They replace schools over there & not just improve them or extend them?

Places can sell in days & weeks here, so a month sounds long to me . But yes it is impossible to find places that tick all the boxes & don't get snatched up quickly.

September 22nd is the release date
Yes-Americans like to build things. Even if it's not really needed. I'm sure they have upgraded the old one-it's an elementary school and I did go there and I'm 60 now. idk-problem is the just build a new high school a few years ago and the flooding got worse then.

Wow! That is fast!!!!

Thank you!
Old 09-04-2023, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

seems logical

Yeah it is unfortunately for people trying to buy

Slowly getting closer

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sept. 22!!!