Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah true they released Move You on the same day as LSS I think?

true good point about the christmas one

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Someone tweeted this the other day mentioning the board's twitter & I thought it was an interesting thought. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the tracks are country-inspired but don't think it'll be a country album. Maybe country/soul/pop mix? That album name though would not surprise me at all.

Then there is also a supposed leaked tracklist I'm presuming they're joking. Don't know what to make of it. You can see it here

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:38 PM
Graphics Team

I see it more likely to be inspired by country and having influences from other genres. That mix sounds likely to me more than a full country album. I can't imagine it will be full pop either.

Some of those could actually be possible song titles. I imagine something about divorce, custody, and her children will be involved. Hopefully there will not be remixes or her redoing old songs with updated lyrics. It is a funny idea but not so good in practice for listening to. Completely new songs are better.
Old 03-05-2022, 11:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I imagine something about divorce, custody, and her children will be involved. Hopefully there will not be remixes or her redoing old songs with updated lyrics.
Agreed with this
Her divorce has to be an inspiration somehow, even if she wants to avoid saying too much for the sake of her children. Honestly that is a good reason why some of those songs aren't likely.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-17-2022, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think that the tone of the songs and the way she sings them will be a pointed not at what's going on. She may have a couple songs with more pointed lyrics, but I think that it's not going to get TOO over the top in terms of personal details... although I could be entirely wrong.

I think Kelly is keeping this one close to the vest because it is personal, and she probably doesn't want kids hearing things from the tabloids like speculation about lyrics and content. Maybe she wants to share it with them first, you know?

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:28 AM
New Fan

The next album will be interesting because she had an almost completed album prior to the divorce and had said it was a combo of Stronger and Breakaway. Then the divorce happened and she said she had written over 60 songs (even if some of them she'd never record because that's her emotional outlet).

I think she's going to have to make a decision on what exactly the story is for the album because there does seem to be about 3 different albums going on. If she splits the difference then it will be a mess.

Personally, I am hoping for a grown ass woman's take on My December meets MOL. And am probably one of the only KC fans that couldn't give a damn about a country album. Preference is for individual songs.

I would be VERY surprised if she self-titles the album as she's made comments about that in the past on not being her thing, although time changes all things.
KCSleeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Kelly's said in a recent interview that it is a big record & she's not ready, she's gone back & forth on it. Then also she's got the children to consider as well. She needs to be ready before we're getting this album which makes complete sense.

From about 1.36 Kelly starts talking about music. You could just listen from 2.00 though.

I imagine the lyrics will be personal, but not necessarily obvious. But never know. There is probably a LOT of songs which we'll never see the light of day because they are just too personal & she won't want to hurt any of the hearts involved by putting them out there. But on the other hand no matter what she releases she's going to know her fans are going to read into everything. We'll examine each & every line to pick up on things. Even with this covers EP I'm wondering if there was a reason behind her picking some of the songs. So I can completely see Kelly being extra careful with this album. She's got to protect herself & the children, be ready, ect.

Quote:
there does seem to be about 3 different albums going on. If she splits the difference then it will be a mess.
At least that many. But then never know, she could also make it work too. Doesn't have to be a mess as we don't know exactly how different the songs are. She could show a journey. Or maybe we can have all three of those different albums . I will continue to hold onto a tiny bit of hope she'll do what Miranda Lambert did & release a two-part album

Quote:
And am probably one of the only KC fans that couldn't give a damn about a country album.
Doubtful. I know I've seen on Twitter a bit of dislike to that idea. Personally I feel the time for her to do that country album has passed. I can't imagine her doing it now I also don't think that'd be the direction for this album

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-18-2022, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love a two part double sided some type of album.

A lot of the country style stuff she recorded was around stronger era, and her voice doesn't sound like that anymore, so although I do love Blue Bayou, I don't think it would be something for the next album. I feel like her country stuff will be more side projects, if she still wants to do stuff like that.

Old 06-18-2022, 08:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think that combined with all these covers she's been doing she's really explored so much more now. Before she had the ties to & country influences heavily in her life. She really was experimenting with that genre & having some fun there. But now I think she'd move past that a little. While she's still got the love, she's always had it, & she's still got connections, she's also expanded again & a whole lot more. Kelly's always taken influence from a lot of places & I think she'll continue to do that. The Stronger Era it made sense if it had come out a little country or if she'd done a country album then. But now? I just don't see it personally. Country influence, yes. But not a whole album. I can see the album taking influence from a whole range of places, emotions, & genres

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2022, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

From the apple music interview

"The album is coming but has to “get my crap together”

Also said the majority of song were written while on a flight:
Old 07-05-2022, 10:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh wow, that's interesting they were written on a flight. Guess that's a good place to sit & pour out your emotions...

A little bit more from that interview here:
Quote:
“My label I keep having talks with because I’m just not ready to release my album. I’ve never had something so huge happen in my life in a way where I’m like, I just don’t know how to quite navigate it, and especially when it’s not just me. So I’m having such a hard time with the album,” Clarkson said on Wednesday’s episode of “The Global Chart Show with Brooke Reese.”

As for the new album of original songs, Clarkson called it “the hardest thing to navigate” in the wake of her split from 45-year-old Blackstock, with whom she shares daughter River, 8, and son Remington, 6. Clarkson was also stepmom to his two children from an earlier marriage.

“It’s one of those things where I’m a human, I’m going through something huge — obviously, everybody knows, a big huge divorce I went through. And it’s been like two years and not easy with kids, especially. That makes it just a whole different dynamic,” she told the show. “Forget if I’m famous, in the limelight, my outlet in general is just writing.”

Because she wants to “be completely honest” but also take the other people involved into consideration, despite her experience playing out in public, Clarkson said she feels akin to “a vessel for this.”

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-11-2022, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could understand the dilemma of how much to share to protect the kids, including Seth and Savannah, who are older and therefore more likely to have friends or people ask them about it. But it would also make sense to protect River and Remy as they get older, too.

I think Kelly will find a good balance.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah there's too many other things to consider & care about, it would be hard. At least Seth & Savannah are older & have seen divorce before. But it still would be hard for them to hear bad things about their father in Kelly's songs. Or have people question them about it as you said. River & Remy are still little & still need to have a good relationship with both parents. They don't need to grow & be shaped by their mother's music.

I'm sure Kelly will manage it fine, even if it takes a bit of time

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-12-2022, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just hoping we hear some news, at least like title/date/single info before the end of the summer. Kickoff in September or so would be good.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That timing would be good. I'm hoping for something by the end of the year, not holding out hope for much sooner than though. But would be a nice surprise if we did get something sooner

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread