Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

All these preview pics and gifs are awesome!
Old 07-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that's cute! Nice to see the happy!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh my...Awesome picture of them!!!
Old 07-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

So many new pics! Love it!
Old 07-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww-how cute-holding hands!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

:love;
Old 07-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Paste: Where are Veronica and Logan when we first see them again?

Dohring: Logan’s life was totally destroyed. He was coming from a really bad place, a broken family and sort of decided to turn his life around and enroll in the military, and that’s what he’s been doing so he’s kind of in a good place. And Veronica is in a different place than we’ve seen her as the show starts out and that’s part of the arc for both of those characters as they come from different places that were flopped in the show originally; I am kind of the stable influence on Veronica and she’s kind the oddly adjusted one to her current life.

Paste: Fans are, shall we say, deeply invested in the Logan/Veronica relationship. Are you surprised by how much this couple has connected with people? When you were playing it did you have any idea they would become one of the great TV romances?

Dohring: No, certainly not. Doing my best work, I’m not worried about what the audience is thinking. I’m just doing what I feel. I think it’s real emotions and real relationships. We really gave it our all when we were on the show and I think that’s what people respond to and makes it timeless in a sense and when we first started out this character was never supposed to be the romantic interest at all. Kristen was such a great actress and to work with her was so beautiful and igniting. She would respond so beautifully in a scene and it created this situation where this character that was never supposed to be involved with her became involved. Basically, in the writer’s room after several episodes, they came to Kristen and I and they pulled us aside and said, “Okay you guys are going to be together.” And we both said, “What the ****? There’s no way!”

And they said, “You better start warming up to each other because it’s going to happen.” And we were both just honestly stunned. And I remember how hard it was in a scene in the third or fourth episode, I had to put my hand on her shoulder and it was so against what I had played the whole time it was impossible as an actor to do this and they were like you have to do it. It took every ounce of strength I had to just put a hand on her shoulder.

Paste: What do you think it is about them that has connected with the audience?

Dohring: Nobody kind of saw it coming. I’m kind of the immoral, but there’s always a redeeming aspect and her kind of struggle with that part of the relationship. The violence and unpredictability of Logan is against what she wants, and she also has a strong, opinionated point of view. Sort of that clashing and working together. I think there’s great romance potential in relationships like that.

Paste Another big difference from when you first played Logan is now you are working with Princess Anna of Arendelle.

Dohring: It’s cool to see Kristen. She is such a good sport with all that stuff. I’m sure it’s pretty intense with the amount of fan love and interest and broad social appeal of a movie like that. My daughter sings all the Frozen songs and has no idea what the words mean but she’s word for word. It’s just amazing. I would love to sing a duet with Kristen but I can’t get over myself to ask her.
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...-season-4.html
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that!
Old 07-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Great interview. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very nice interview!
Old 07-13-2019, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And in a fun change in dynamic, Logan, still a successful military man, will now be a stable, emotionally intelligent, and — dare we say — even domestic, guiding presence in Veronica's life as she struggles through this journey. "She kind of finds herself in place in her life where she might not be moving forward, or taking the next move. And [Logan is] sort of gently — otherwise, you'll ruffle her feathers — but sort of trying to figure that out. And then, you know, the drama with that as well," Dohring said.

"Yeah, Logan has a much clearer vision of what he wants out of life than Veronica does, and that's a big element in the eight-episode story we're telling," added Thomas.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/veronic...-hulu-revival/
Old 07-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for that. I know it's a noir, Rob, please don't ruin them! They're totally going to break up for the millionth time.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-15-2019 at 10:59 PM Reason: Added something
Closed Thread   Post New Thread