Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know that you would, SPA
Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I loved the scene where he holds Sam real tight and smoothes her hair.

There just wasn't a lot of these moments.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm sorry that the show turned out as it did, but I did have some favorite moments from scenes that included Scott. I loved the scene where he is in the rest room wiping his face before getting on the plane, very emotional. He was great with Samantha every time and I liked the scene where he is being interrogated after his wife was killed and girls were kidnapped. He was in such distresslso desperate. The hospital scenes were great too. He wasn't given alot unfortunately on the show, but he sure made the most of it. Next time it will be different. He will get the screen time he deserves.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
SPA
Master Fan

One moment for me when he made his demands on Sophia. Michael was tired of being pushed around -- he pushed back -- A serious moment.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Loyal Fan

I also liked when he was finally reunited with his daughters. Also when he started telling Leila about who he really was. Good job in both those scenes by Scott.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I think Scott hass the "Dad" character down to a sweet "T"
Old 09-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I so would have liked to see more of the Buchanans as a family. Their interaction with each other, Michael's realtionship with his wife, their history, etc. That would have gone a long way in making the show a success.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

There is one scene where Micheal came out of the kitchen
with a coffee pot in hand. I got a Luke Flashblack moment
when I saw it!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I like when he shared the drink with Sean. Would have liked to know the significance of that bottle. It seemed like they were hinting at something. Scott did a good job in that scene.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Forget about the show just for a moment. Can you imagine what Scott's character would have been filled with if the show stayed on the path of the "creator"? I think we were on the verge of witnessing Scott with Emmy-awarding material. And with that, I shake my head in sadness.

Michael has the "dad" thing down pat -- For Emmy award, think if there were expanded scenes of him as a Dad -- instead of an "alien"he just might have been in the running.

Opportunity wasted -- such a huge loss.

And anything that Scott excelled in would of course, have helped the show 10X over.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
Forget about the show just for a moment. Can you imagine what Scott's character would have been filled with if the show stayed on the path of the "creator"? I think we were on the verge of witnessing Scott with Emmy-awarding material. And with that, I shake my head in sadness.

Michael has the "dad" thing down pat -- For Emmy award, think if there were expanded scenes of him as a Dad -- instead of an "alien"he just might have been in the running.

Opportunity wasted -- such a huge loss.

And anything that Scott excelled in would of course, have helped the show 10X over.
You said it. All the potential was there with the original story. Deep, heavy stuff would have come out of that really showcasing Scott's talent. What a great opportunity he would have had for that type of recognition.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I LOVED Scott's character on 'The Event'...We definitely saw how much Scott really put into his role and how he brought significant meaning to his character with his extremely versatile acting abilities-I LOVE him in those protective father and husband type roles and especially enjoyed the scenes he shared with Sarah Romer as Leila Buchanan...I would have appreciated more insight on revealing MORE in depth about the secrets of his past and how he met his wife and more thoroughness to exploring his characters backround-however that was the writer's faults not Scott's he did his BEST with what he had to work with...among more of my FAVE Michael scenes were when he goes 'rogue' on the search for his daughters and his character's sensitivity regarding Sean's relationship with his daughter Leila and how he holds his own around Sophia...I will also add how riveting and emotional his scenes while being interrogated were-Scott had the role played to a 't' and should have gotten much more recognition by the writers for it...even though I was thoroughly disappointed to see his character get killed off, there are still MANY memorable Scott scenes in it that are worth paying the money for the DVD-just the simple fact that he's in it makes me have to get it for my Scott movie collection<3
Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Loyal Fan

There was a great deleted scene, I think from episode six, where they are having a cookout. You got to see Michael interacting with Val and the girls a bit in a normal family situation. I would have liked to see more of that from Michaels character. Get to know him a bit.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I was watching a deleted scene from Turnabout and it showed Michael being in Love with Sophia. Now to me I always thought that he was more like a son than a lover but that's me.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Another reason why that show failed because of Evan Katz. Should have let the creator tell "his" story instead of Katz changing it another "24". Ugh, I'm getting frustrated all over again.