Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Girls I know you are fond of his ass but can someone direct me to some stats?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry Gleebo. I know that this thread got your hopes up, but I'm pathetic when it comes to baseball. I googled it, but went blind after looking through millions of stats that aren't his. But, boiy, SP sure does have a nice ass.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 01-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca
But, boy, SP sure does have a nice ass.
Oh yeeeeesssssss baby.....

The IMDB only says:
"Played minor league baseball (New York Yankees, Atlanta Braves, and Texas Rangers) from 1980 - 88."

On GG there was one ep where he played, I think it was, softball.

credit Canopus
Old 01-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the Yankees and the Braves are part of the Major League. And I remember that episode...Luke and Dean both sucked at baseball, and then Luke went after Kirk for heckling them. Good times were had by all.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

that was such a funny scene
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Old 01-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kirk's a Dead Man

[Luke’s pitching and Dean’s in the on deck circle]

DEAN: [to batter] You got it, you got the next one. Don’t worry about it. [batter strikes out]

CHRISTOPHER: So which is your Dean?

RORY: That’s him over there.

LUKE: Ok, we’ve got two outs.

RORY: And that’s Luke.

CHRISTOPHER: Luke’s the diner guy?

RORY: Yes. We eat there practically every day.

LUKE: Looks like we got out number three coming to the plate guys. [as Rory and Chris sit in the bleachers in front of Kirk]

DEAN: I’d send your boys a little farther into the field Luke.

LUKE: Why? Will they have a better view of you whiffing?

DEAN: You know, the only way I’m not hitting it, is if you don’t have the strength to get it over the plate.

KIRK: The truth of the matter is that you can’t pitch [pointing to Luke] and you can’t hit [point to Dean]. So this’ll be a terrific match up.

LUKE: Knock it off Kirk.

KIRK: A historic lack of action.

LUKE: Don’t you have anything better to do with your Saturdays?

KIRK: What can I say, I’m addicted to comedy. [to Rory and Chris] Half an hour they been playing and it’s tied zero - zero. [louder] Hey if you ever take this show on the road I got a name for you, zero and zero. Dean Zero and Luke Zero - get it?

LUKE: Doesn’t even resemble clever.

KIRK: I’m dumbing it down for you Alfalfa.

CHRISTOPHER: How long do these games last?

RORY: Till they get tired. And then they say the first team to get a run wins.

KIRK: Yeah, it’s real professional down there. Hey Luke, does your husband play softball too?

LUKE: Alright that’s it. [starts for the bleachers]

KIRK: Um....I’m getting a page. I’ve gotta go. [jumps off the bleachers and starts running.]

Old 01-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I just noticed Kirk's little 2 fans sitting besides him on the pic
~ KEEPER OF ~ "He called me hotplates.He sooo likes me" Luke checking out Lorelai`s butt Luke & Lorelai's passionate kiss on their first Valentine's Day Luke and Lorelai having MMS during the first snow of season Luke stroking Lorelai's hair and kissing her forehead in WITS ~ she needs his coffee,he needs her smile ~(Luke&Lorelai) ° We have to protect our heart cause it's fragile °
****************************** JAVA JUNKIES FOREVER ******************************
Old 01-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

It's funny that Kirk says Luke can't pitch, because Scott was a pitcher when he played. Hee.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janetmaca
I thought the Yankees and the Braves are part of the Major League. And I remember that episode...Luke and Dean both sucked at baseball, and then Luke went after Kirk for heckling them. Good times were had by all.
Some minor league teams have the same names as the majors. They're also called "farm teams."

I don't know about his stats, but I remember him saying in some interview that he wasn't a very good pitcher. Good for us b/c if he was successful, he might have not become an actor and someone else would be playing Luke.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just noticed Kirk's little 2 fans sitting besides him on the pic
I just noticed that too.

Quote:
It's funny that Kirk says Luke can't pitch, because Scott was a pitcher when he played. Hee.
Just another insider's joke. GG is filled with them (I love that school of thought- the whole not dumbing down a show for the audience).

Quote:
Some minor league teams have the same names as the majors. They're also called "farm teams." I don't know about his stats, but I remember him saying in some interview that he wasn't a very good pitcher. Good for us b/c if he was successful, he might have not become an actor and someone else would be playing Luke.
Thanks for the clariification. It's serendipity that he wasn't that good of a pitcher (or so we think).
Old 01-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

When it says "Played minor league baseball (New York Yankees, Atlanta Braves, and Texas Rangers) from 1980 - 88" it means that he played for minor league teams that fed into those major league teams. Judging from the baseball cards, he played for the Columbus Clippers (a Triple-A Yankees farm team), the Albany Yankees (a Double-A Yankees farm team), and at least 2 other teams, if he played in the farm systems for the Rangers and the Braves as well. He probably was relatively good, since he played AAA ball, which is the highest level before you are called up to the major league team. I bet if you did some research in the Baseball Hall of Fame library (in Cooperstown, NY... anybody live near there?) you could find out more specifics on his career.

I wonder if, since he played for Yankees teams, he is a Yankees fan. That would break my little Sox-lovin' heart.

ETA- Why did they have to put him in those awful baggy sweatpants in the softball scene?!?! Good ass = tight pants, folks! Give those wardrobe folks a call.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wonder if, since he played for Yankees teams, he is a Yankees fan. That would break my little Sox-lovin' heart.

ETA- Why did they have to put him in those awful baggy sweatpants in the softball scene?!?! Good ass = tight pants, folks! Give those wardrobe folks a call.
I agree about the Yankees bit. I, too, like the Sox. As for the tight pants, can you see Luke wearing tight non-jeans? I mean even his jeans aren't that tight. Luke goes for comfort (which is a bad thing for us, because it means loose clothing).
Old 01-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbarrytx
Yankees fans scare me.

I think there should be a rule that you can't post in this thread without mentioning SP's ass. What do y'all think?
Yankees fans scare me too, if only because they are an alien breed to me. But I love many of them just the same. And if we're going to institute your new rule, perhaps we should change the thread title to "Scott, His Ass, and their years in tight baseball pants." Or we could just have a whole thread for his ass...
Old 01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabv
And if we're going to institute your new rule, perhaps we should change the thread title to "Scott, His Ass, and their years in tight baseball pants." Or we could just have a whole thread for his ass...
i love that tile becca but i think this thread will do for his ass thats all thats being talked about anyway
AbolishPuppyFactories
Old 01-10-2005, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabv
And if we're going to institute your new rule, perhaps we should change the thread title to "Scott, His Ass, and their years in tight baseball pants." Or we could just have a whole thread for his ass...
thats a great title.
I´m still wondering why we are all so obsessed with his ass????