Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Server Upgrade Problems

Hi everyone. If you encounter any problems on the forums here, please post them here. Thank you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing that can't be changed... but this thread is weird... it's not started by me like it always is and it's about Lost *look*
Old 04-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jerry, you said in the e-mail to delete any threads that doesn't have any posts. Well, NONE of my threads has any posts. So, does that mean I have to delete every one of them?
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys! Glad to see FF is back!

Question: should we delete ALL threads with no posts? There are a lot!

ETA: didn't see it was already posted.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, and some of the threads DO have some posts. However, I can't see the first post. You know? For example, for the Master Thread, I can't see the first post that contains the links to all the thread... what should I do?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Tina -
Jerry, you said in the e-mail to delete any threads that doesn't have any posts. Well, NONE of my threads has any posts. So, does that mean I have to delete every one of them?
I second that request. Some threads only have one random post though, so they probably have to be deleted, too, but all of them? That would mean that nearly no threads are left.

One more thing: At the "Queer as Folk'" board this weird teal color is back at the bottom of the page. The same is at the right side of the table on the second page.
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Administrator

I would say delete the threads if there is anything wrotng with them, and start new ones. We reinstated those threads so you could see what had been there.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Will do. Thanks Jerry.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Jerry. However, what about my second question? Or it is suppose to be like that?

I like the new smilies.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks, Jerry. However, what about my second question? Or it is suppose to be like that?

I like the new smilies.
I think if anything looks wrong in a thread, it should be deleted. Sorry!

Old 04-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks again, Jerry.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Good to be back! We're a bit of a disaster zone though, unfortuntely.

I understand what you mean by closing and re-starting empty threads, Jerry. Is it to be expected that only six of twenty or so topics on the Delta board survived (only to be closed since they're empty)? I was under the impression the June '05 back up would take us back to the board and threads as they stood in June '05? As things stand now, there's no sign of our News, FAQs, Intro threads etc; only a few random topics with nothing in them. We appear to have lost everything despite the board's longevity. Sorry to bombard you with questions like this when I know you've got your work cut out for you as is. I'm keen to get on top of whatever probs await and start working to resolve them with my co-mod, Rach, but am about to head off to bed and probably won't be back online till tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully Rach will see this post and know I'm not leaving her in the lurch. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might be able to provide us, and another thanks is in order for yours and Rachel's efforts in keeping us informed this past week.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 04-16-2006 at 10:54 AM
*OvErPrOtEcTeD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, and some of the threads DO have some posts. However, I can't see the first post. You know? For example, for the Master Thread, I can't see the first post that contains the links to all the thread... what should I do?
the same here, a bunch of threads on the MV board have posts, just not from the beginning. I'm just happy the Master thread is ok, it takes me ages just updating it, having to start from scratch would kill my brain

Looks like I have a lot of deleting to do, but I'm just so happy to see FF

eta - I completely forgot i had this sig...
Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

When I post on Smallville Board I can't see text for Additional Options ( Miscellaneous Options / Thread Subscription / Thread Management).

ETA: I already asked on Mod's Board, but in case you're checking here first:
We have an extra person listed as mod on Tom Welling board. DarkRipper shouldn't be there.

Also I think my Smallville co-mod Alex (Strider) might have some problems accessing Mod's Board, his name isn't bolded like other mods names.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

mandine: I know! I haven't had this siggie in a while.... anyway, I just deleted the threads that didn't go to the beginning. I also started new ones. I hope that was what I was suppose to do.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top