Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2021, 04:02 AM
Moderator Manager

They all look wonderful! Thanks again for organizing this.

Still, I remain with myself.
My voice doesn't come out, I just circle around.
That dark place that I wanted to be locked in, I want to go there.
I'll be there.
Today again, I close my eyes by your side.

방탄소년단 | 김석진
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Info Center

That was awesome, I voted for all boards tonight. Festive activity for Christmas Eve!
Old 12-28-2021, 03:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Please join me in congratulating all of the winners in Round 1 of the Holiday Fan Art Competition!

Please check out each of the participating boards to see and congratulate each of the winners; as well as see all of the amazing art created if you haven't already. You can find a full list of participating boards in the OP of this thread or by using the holiday fan art competition tag

Round 2 will begin soon with the polls set up on the Info Center board. Please keep an eye out for the Global Announcement once the round commences to ensure you don't miss out on voting. The Graphics Team will also be selecting arts to begin voting for the Round 3 categories over the next few days; with the winners announced in the new year. Please see this post for more information about round 3 including a full list of the categories. All graphics made for the competition are eligible to be chosen for round 3 so if your art didn't win round 1 that doesn't mean you still may not win in round 3 or at least be chosen for it

Thank you again to everyone who has participated and voted. All of the arts made were incredible, leaving many (if not everyone) with impossible choices. Often the polls had only a few votes difference between the arts; including a few with only one or two votes difference. A number of winners were only decided in the final hours of voting.
We hope that you had a lot of fun! We look forward to seeing the round 2 and 3 winners, and hope to see everyone participate again next year!

Please note: All threads can be untopped on your boards now if you wish, however we do recommend that you keep them up for at least a week to celebrate the round 1 winner. We do ask that you don't turn these threads into discussion threads please. If you wish to close these threads please hold off for a few weeks to allow time for people to comment on the arts and congratulate the winners. All round one poll threads have been unstuck and closed already for you.

Chelle » join GTmy artFBIL&O » icon
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Holiday Fan Art Competition Voting: Round 2

Voting for round 2 has been started. Please check the topped posts on Info Center and vote for your favourite in each category.
Voting closes on January 2nd. (please check the individual polls as the time/day might be different for yourself)

Good luck everyone

me and the sky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 05:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Round 2 & Round 3 winners will be announced in the coming days.

If you haven't already, please stop by the feedback thread to share your opinion on what direction you'd like to see the Holiday Fan Art Competition to go in the future. (We have now added a poll with two options which have been suggested)
Old 01-05-2022, 05:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Please join us in congratulating all of the winners in Round 2 of the 2021 Holiday Fan Art Competition!

General Discussion
Winner: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (by me and the sky)
Tied Second Place: Television & Reality TV (by me and the sky) + Disney (by My Kind Of Crazy) • Third Place: Off Topic (by shinebrighterxx)

TV Shows - Present
Winner: Bridgerton (by Sweetgirl465)
Second Place: One Chicago - NBC Multiseries (by PurpleLily) • Third Place: Charmed (CW) (by shinebrighterxx)

TV Shows - Past
Winner: Gilmore Girls (by shinebrighterxx)
Second Place: Charmed (by code green) • Third Place: Psych (by PurpleLily)

Music Artists
Winner: Avril Lavigne (by me and the sky)
Second Place: Little Mix (by me and the sky) • Third Place: Kelly Clarkson (by PurpleLily)

Male Celebrities
Winner: Nathan Fillion (by PurpleLily)
Second Place: Joseph Morgan (by me and the sky) • Third Place: Patrick Dempsey (by code green)

Female Celebrities
Winner: Amy Adams (by me and the sky)
Second Place: Alycia Debnam-Carey (by MysteryXX) • Third Place: Stana Katic (by PurpleLily)

DC & Marvel
Winner: Marvel Cinematic Universe (by Summer Falls)
Tied Second Place: Lucifer (by TomsEnough) + Superman & Lois (by My Kind Of Crazy) • Third Place: Smallville (by TomsEnough)

Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Winner: Harry Potter (by me and the sky)
Second Place: Star Trek (by me and the sky) • Third Place: The Witcher (by wickedrum)

As well as all of this years winners in Round 3!

Best Use of Text
Winner: Television & Reality TV (by me and the sky)
Second Place: Alycia Debnam-Carey (by MysteryXX) • Tied Third Place: Charmed (by code green) + Celebrities (by code green)

Most Festive
Winner: Disney (by My Kind of Crazy)
Second Place: Bridgerton (by Sweetgirl465) • Third Place: Chris Hemsworth (by My Kind of Crazy)

Best Composition
Winner: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (by me and the sky)
Tied Second Place: Marvel Cinematic Universe (by Summer Falls) + Charmed (CW) (by shinebrighterxx) • Tied Third Place: Gilmore Girls (by code green) + Gilmore Girls (by shinebrighterxx)

Best Use of Textures/Brushes
Winner: Stana Katic (by PurpleLily)
Second Place: Bridgerton (by Sweetgirl465) • Tied Third Place: Charmed (by code green) + Shawn Mendes (by TomsEnough) + Couples (by me and the sky)

Most Creative
Winner: Joseph Morgan (by me and the sky)
Second Place: Patrick Dempsey (by code green) • Tied Third Place: Television & Reality TV (by Sulieter) + Stana Katic (by v-x-Lilac-x-) + Legacies (by NOLA504)

Best Use of Colour
Winner: Avril Lavigne (by Renata M.)
Second Place: Amy Adams (by me and the sky) • Third Place: Alycia Debnam-Carey (by Heda_Khaeesi)

Best Use of Black and White
Winner: Kit Harington (by Si_Crazy)
Second Place: The Blacklist (by Miranda) • Third Place: Kelly Clarkson (by PurpleLily)

This year we have posted a little something for all runner ups so please feel free to stop by all of the above boards to see and congratulate them on their amazing artwork and accomplishment. Everyone made all of the decisions extremely hard (there is no wonder there are so many ties!) and should be proud of their work. If you haven't already, please stop by our feedback thread to voice your opinion on the future of the competition and to vote in the new poll there.

We would like to say a huge thank you again to everyone who has participated and voted.
We hope that you had a lot of fun and hope to see everyone participate again in 2022!

Note: The threads on the boards can now be untopped if you haven't already untopped them; if I have posted a runner up post you may wish to keep it topped for an additional week to celebrate the runner ups. All round 2 and 3 winner threads should remain topped for a week.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Congrats to all the winners!

And thanks again to everyone who participated in the holiday fan art competition and the GT managers for organizing everything.

Still, I remain with myself.
My voice doesn't come out, I just circle around.
That dark place that I wanted to be locked in, I want to go there.
I'll be there.
Today again, I close my eyes by your side.

방탄소년단 | 김석진
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Amazing talents we have here. Wonderful

Congrats to all the winners.

Thank you for organizing and running this
Old 01-06-2022, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on all the winners … thanks the GT team for putting this together

Also I am surprised I won cause the others entries were so amazing … thanks everyone
Old 01-06-2022, 04:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

congrats everyone. so many great entries this year

My Art Thread *updated 1/17
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this competition each year! Congratulations to ALL participants, your arts really put me in the festive spirit.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

yay thanks everyone.

congrats to everyone else
Old 01-09-2022, 12:15 PM
MST Manager

Congratulations, everyone.

I'm proud of my tied 3rd place.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm glad that everyone seemed to have fun Thank you for helping make this such an amazing competition & all the impossible choices you give us all . Every year it is impossible to pick which ones for each of the categories for round 3. I look forward to seeing what amazing art is made next time Everyone is so incredibly talented & all the art were amazing. I hope you all are proud of your creations, even if you didn't win. There were so many close calls & ties & impossible decisions.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Yes! I feel exactly the same as Chelle! I love seeing what gorgeous creations we get every year from the talented artists on this site and getting to vote on them. Even though it is always nearly impossible to choose just one favourite per category.

I really look forward to it every year and I'm glad so many others seem to as well
me and the sky is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top