Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2023, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Fan Forum's 25th Anniversary Celebration!

C e l e b r a t i n g 2 5 Y e a r s
a t F a n F o r u m

Hi everyone! This week marks a tremendous milestone in Fan Forum’s history, our 25th anniversary! On November 25, 1998, Goldenboy launched Fan Forum, because he had an interest in establishing a website where fans could talk about their favorite television shows. Originally, we hosted one website – Dawson’s Creek Headlines, which contained the latest news and information about Dawson’s Creek, a popular show on The WB Network, and we also hosted one forum for that show. Fan Forum was unique and novel at the time in the notion that it would be a fan site run by “real fans” that actually cared about the subjects they were discussing, and that notion has never changed. Before the Internet came along, people really didn’t have a place to discuss their favorite television shows, actors, or movies, and Fan Forum was unique in the fact that we gave everyone a place to come together and talk about entertainment related topics with other fans who shared the same passion for these topics.

After Dawson’s Creek, forums were added for two other popular WB shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Roswell. We also hosted websites at the time, and our Roswell website, Crashdown, became incredibly successful, and it put us on the map when we organized a successful campaign to save the show, and we hosted a party in Los Angeles that was attended by all the stars of Roswell.

Fan Forum evolved over the years, and at one point in our history, Goldenboy made the decision to no longer host websites and just concentrate on what we do best, which is provide forums for everyone to come and discuss their favorite topics. He also came up with the idea to add new forums through a poll-based Requests System, and we’ve grown tremendously as a result of those decisions. We respond to what you, our posters, want with monthly New Forum Polls that add the forums you vote to add.

All of our success wouldn’t be possible, however, if it wasn’t for the dedication of the people who volunteer to run this website and moderate our many forums, and I’m so grateful to the Communication Team, the Graphics Team, the Moderators Team, the Moderator Support Team, and the Management Team, who devote so much of their time to this website. I’d also like to acknowledge and thank all of the people who worked for this website in the past and who helped make Fan Forum what it is today.

Fan Forum has seen a lot of changes over last 25 years, but one thing that hasn’t changed is that we’ve never lost sight of the fact that people come here to have fun and share their thoughts with other fans who share the same interests as them, and that we wouldn’t be celebrating this anniversary if it wasn’t for the loyalty of the people who come here to post every day, our members. We appreciate and value everyone who comes here to post and join in the discussions here, and so as always, we dedicate this celebration to you. I’ve really valued the friends that I’ve made through Fan Forum, and running this website is truly a labor of love for me, so please join me as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the website we all love.

~ Jerry (Jerry D)

Fan Forum: November 28, 1999

Memories and Milestones of Fan Forum

25 Boards With the Most Posts:

1) One Tree Hill
2) Off Topic
3) Spoilers
4) Couples
5) Heroes
6) Twilight Saga
7) Television & Reality TV
8) Celebrities
9) The O.C.
10) Harry Potter
11) Kristen Stewart
12) The 80s
13) Gilmore Girls
14) Requests
15) Alycia Debnam-Carey
16) Bones
17) Penn Badgley
18) Arrow
19) Matt Czuchry
20) Buffy and Angel
21) Queer as Folk
22) Bethany Joy Lenz
23) Music
24) Jonas Brothers
25) Emilia Clarke

25 Posters With the Most Posts:

1) Melis
2) BlondieLeigh
3) BlueDog9
4) crash landing
5) L i N d $ @ y
6) Persephone
7) fly me to the moon
8) stlavin95
9) LilMouse
10) My Kind Of Crazy
11) Strawberry5
12) eternalfate
13) your creation
14) Make Them Laugh
15) The Darkling
16) Heda_Khaleesi
17) x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x
18) Kaleiokalani
19) Can't Have You
20) Firecrest
21) PhoenixRising
22) pink velvet
23) olicity4eva
24) Violent Delights
25) crazy_diamond

25 Oldest Boards Still on Fan Forum:

1) Dawson's Creek
2) Buffy the Vampire Slayer (now merged with Angel to become Buffy and Angel)
3) Movies
4) Music
5) Off Topic
6) Spoilers
7) Roswell
8) Books (now Books and Writing)
9) Charmed
10) Soaps
11) Friends
12) Television (now merged with Reality TV to become Television & Reality TV)
13) Fan Art
14) Jason Behr
15) Shiri Appleby
16) Sports
17) Joshua Jackson
16) Requests
19) Colin Hanks
20) Gilmore Girls
21) Harry Potter
22) Star Trek
23) Cartoons (now Comics & Cartoons)
24) Couples
25) Disney

25 Newest Added Boards Still on Fan Forum:

1) The Last of Us
2) Lord of the Rings
3) Xo, Kitty
4) Law & Order Franchise
5) Wednesday
6) House of the Dragon
7) Heartstopper
8) Gossip Girl (HBO Max)
9) Only Murders in the Building
10) Zachary Levi
11) Shadow and Bone
12) Bridgerton
13) Avatar: The Last Airbender
14) Anime & Manga
15) Henry Cavill
16) Psych
17) Stargirl
16) Backstreet Boys
19 Leighton Meester
20) Amy Adams
21) The Witcher
22) Fast & Furious Franchise
23) Phoebe Tonkin
24) Keanu Reeves
25) Nancy Drew

Fan Forum: June 2000 / October 2000 / November 2023 (click each to view larger)

A Look Back to 1998...

• The Top Song was Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
• Influential songs include; The Cup of Life by Ricky Martin, Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger, Are You That Somebody? by Aaliyah and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day
• Popular Music Artists/Bands include; Aaliyah, Aerosmith, Backstreet Boys, Blackstreet, Brandy, Brian McKnight, Celine Dion, Destiny's Child, Dixie Chicks, Goo Goo Dolls, Janet Jackson, Kenny Chesney, Lauryn Hill, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Matchbox Twenty, Montell Jordan, Next, Puff Daddy, R. Kelly, Redman, Savage Garden, Shania Twain, Spice Girls, Usher, and Will Smith.
• The Movies to Watch include Saving Private Ryan, Wag the Dog, Les Misérables, Mighty Joe Young, The Prince of Egypt, Mulan and The Truman Show
• Notable books include: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling and Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
• Popular video goes inlcude; A Bug’s Life, Metal Gear Solid, Mission: Impossible, Rainbow Six, Resident Evil 2, Small Soldiers, Small Soldiers: Squad Commander, Sonic Adventure, South Park, StarCraft, The Fifth Element, Apocalypse, Baldur’s Gate, Banjo-Kazooie, Blasto, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Dune 2000, Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Role-Playing Game, Grim Fandango, Half-Life, and Jurassic Park: Trespasser.
• Video games released in 1998 include; F-Zero X, Marvel vs. Capcom, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Pocket Monsters: Pikachu, Resident Evil 2, Sonic Adventure, Street Fighter Alpha 3, The House of the Dead 2, Fallout 2, Tomb Raider III, Banjo-Kazooie, Dance Dance Revolution, Gex: Enter the Gecko, Half-Life, MediEvil, Parasite Eve, Radiant Silvergun, Spyro the Dragon, StarCraft and Xenogears.
• Fashion Icons: Heidi Klum, Rebecca Romijn, Sarah Jessica Parker, Claudia Schiffer, Victoria Silvstedt, Niki Taylor
• Hollywood Leading Men: David Beckham, Johnny Depp, George Clooney
• People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive: Harrison Ford
• On February 14th Titanic’s highest single-day box office gross didn’t occur until its 58th day in theaters. It earned $13,048,711.
• Marvel offered the cinematic rights of almost all of its characters to Sony for only $25 million. Sony rejected the offer, and only purchased the rights to Spider-Man for $7 million believing that movie audiences would only care about him.
• The Simpsons predicted Fox’s acquisition by Disney in 1998.
• Some shows which started in 1998: Dawson's Creek, Charmed, Felicity, That '70s Show, Will & Grace, Becker, The King of Queens, Whose Line Is It Anyway?
• Some shows which ended in 1998: Seinfeld, Ellen, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Cybill, Family Matters, Murphy Brown, Step by Step, Living Single, New York Undercover
• Things like Google, Google Doodles, PayPal, Yahoo! Auctions, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Movies, Ask Jeeves (aka ask.com), and HowStuffWorks were all launched.
• Internet blogs appeared for the first time, and popular tech terms were “AOL dial-up” and “reboot.”
• Things which are popular now which did not exist in 1998 include; Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Quora, LinkedIn, Google Maps, Google Books, Google Goggles. iPhones, camera phones, iPods, Blu-ray discs, Amazon Kindle, Skype, Gmail, Wikipedia, and iTunes.
• Things which were launched in 1998 include; Windows 98, Adobe Photoshop 5.0, iMac, MP3 players, Game Boy Light, Game Boy Color, and Dreamcast.
• Food & drink trends from 1998 include; Cosmopolitan, Crystal Pepsi, Jawbreakers (aka Gobstoppers), Flank steak, Red Bull, Pineapple Pizza, Lunchables, Molten chocolate cake, Pizza rolls, and Rice Krispies Treats Cereal.
• 1998 fashion trends include; bucket hats, chokers, wedge sandals, blue eyeshadow, black shirts, black ties, black suits, black leather reefer jackets, and trenchcoats.
• Sporting winners from 1998 include; World Series Champions - New York Yankees, Super Bowl Champs - Denver Broncos, NBA Champions - Chicago Bulls, Stanley Cup Champs - Detroit Red Wings, NCAA Basketball Champions - Kentucky, NCAA Football Champs - Tennessee, U.S. Open Golf - Lee Janzen, U.S. Tennis - Patrick Rafter & Lindsay Davenport, Wimbledon - Pete Sampras & Jana Novotna, Kentucky Derby - Real Quiet, World Cup (soccer) - France.
• On September 18, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) was formed.
• On October 28, President Clinton signed the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) into law.
• On October 29, 1998 John Glenn became the oldest man to fly in space at age 77.

1998 Highest Grossing & Popular Movies:

The Big Lebowski
Saving Private Ryan
The Parent Trap
American History X
The Truman Show
Armageddon
Wild Things
The Thin Red Line
Hope Floats
Mulan
There’s Something About Mary
A Bug’s Life
The Waterboy
Doctor Dolittle
Rush Hour
Deep Impact
Godzilla
Patch Adams

1998 Most Popular TV shows:

E.R. (NBC)
Friends (NBC)
Frasier (NBC)
Veronica’s Closet (NBC)
Jesse (NBC)
60 Minutes (CBS)
Touched By An Angel (CBS)
CBS Sunday Night Movie (CBS)
Home Improvement (ABC)
Everybody Loves Raymond (CBS)
NYPD Blue (ABC)

1998 Billboard Number One Songs:

October 11, 1997 – January 16, 1998: Candle In The Wind 1997 – Elton John
January 17 – January 30: Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
January 31 – February 13: Together Again – Janet Jackson
February 14 – February 27: Nice & Slow – Usher
February 28 – March 13: My Heart Will Go On – Céline Dion
March 14 – April 3: Gettin’ Jiggy Wit’ It – Will Smith
April 4 – April 24: All My Life – K-Ci and JoJo
April 25 – May 29: Too Close – Next
May 30 – June 5: My All – Mariah Carey
June 6 – September 4: The Boy Is Mine – Brandy & Monica
September 5 – October 2: I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
October 3 – November 6: The First Night – Monica
November 7 – November 13: One Week – Barenaked Ladies
November 14 – November 27: Doo Wop (That Thing) – Lauryn Hill
November 28- December 4: Lately – Divine
December 5 – January 15: I’m Your Angel – R. Kelly & Céline Dion

1998 Popular and Bestselling Books:

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe
Autobiography of Red: A Novel in Verse by Anne Carson
Bag of Bones by Stephen King
Birds of America by Lorrie Moore
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb
The Klone and I by Danielle Steel
The Little Sisters of Eluria by Stephen King
The Long Road Home by Danielle Steel
Mirror Image by Danielle Steel
“N” is for Noose by Sur Grafton
Paradise by Toni Morrison
The Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan
Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy
The Street Lawyer by John Grisham
Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
A Widow for One Year by John Irving
You Belong To Me by Mary Higgins Clark

Credit: me and the sky

OP/FF Screenshots: shinebrighterxx / Banners: me and the sky / 1998 Facts: hobbylark & popculturemadness

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:21 AM
Administrator

M o d e r a t o r s  & M e m b e r s
A p p r e c i a t i o n W e e k

To celebrate this amazing milestone we invited the amazing members of the Moderator Team, Moderator Support Team, Graphics Team, Communications Team, and Management Team to share some of their memories, experiences, and feelings about Fan Forum. They have all picked three questions which you can see below and learn a little bit more about everyone and Fan Forum. If anyone else would like to share their own please feel free to in the comments. These were the questions:

What brought you to Fan Forum?
What do you like best about your position on Fan Forum?
What's the first thing you do when you log in?
What's your favourite smilie?
Did you lurk before you joined?
What was the first board you posted at?
What is unique about Fan Forum?
Your favourite Fan Forum related memory?

Credit: shinebrighterxx

Originally when I first joined it was Roswell that brought me to Fan Forum, I then took a 2 year break for personal reasons and then Bridgerton brought me back this year.

I love that I can be part of a community that loves and shares with each other. I love being part of the board I moderate and helping it to be the best it can be with my lovely co-moderator.

Roswell
Emma (kindness is free)
Moderator of: Bridgerton

first thing I do is check the mod section for any updates then I start posting on my boards that I mod, and if I have time I try and post on a few other boards as well to help out

I dont really remember but if I had to take a guess it was probably the BTVS board

probably participating in the fan art holiday competition every year. that is a lot of fun to do. and I love seeing everyone's talented art that gets submitted
Jen (My Kind Of Crazy)
Moderator of: Stranger Things, Keanu Reeves, Psych, Only Murders in the Building, Wednesday | Moderator Support Team

My mom knew of my love for Roswell and somehow she stumbled upon the website Crashdown.com, which was connected to Fan Forum back in the day. She sent me the website and the rest is history. Moms always do nice, thoughtful things for their children

I did lurk before I joined. I can't remember for how long I lurked. It might have been either a month or a few weeks, but I know I lurked on the Roswell boards (back when it had 2 boards!) before I gained the courage to join in the fun.

The sense of community and its ability to foster conversation and relationships. I've met people in person from all over the world because of This is the only website that has ever allowed that. I feel like no other social media website these days allows people to get to know each other or discuss favorite subjects. Everything these days is so fleeting, except
Victoria (LilMouse)
Moderator of: Books and Writing, Ewan McGregor, Colin O'Donoghue

Being a Tom Welling and Smallville fan initially bought me to Fan Forum back in July 2010. I had been a member of other forums before and always enjoyed online forum communities with similar interests as me. I found Fan Forum on the same day as another forum which was initially solely dedicated to Smallville but after the show ended things slowed down there whilst here at Fan Forum there was always something to talk about due to the wide variety of boards and topics that took my interest. I've never stuck around on one forum for so long before and that's because of it's consistency, the great people here and my continuing love for Tom Welling, Smallville and my other favourite fandoms.

I love being a moderator. It's just so much fun, and undoubtedly the best forums I've ever moderated on (having been a mod on other forums in the past). I've only moderated two boards here, Tom Welling and Disney. I had to sadly step down from Disney earlier this year for various reasons (having been a mod there for 9 years - which I loved) but I will always love and continue moderating the Tom Welling board. Being a mod has helped with my organising and creativity skills. I've now been modding the Tom Welling board for almost 11 years (28th October 2012 was when I was appointed).

The Tom Welling board of course! I've been a fan of his since I discovered Smallville back in May 2009 and when I discovered and the Tom board in July 2010 I knew it was going to be a place I would stick around for a very long time. And here I still am over 13 years later!
Liv (livstevi21)
Moderator of: Tom Welling

I was looking for a Vampire Diaries/Ian Somerhalder board

Ian Somerhalder

All the great friends I've met on here, having discussions on the different boards. is the best!
Lisa (LoyalFreakLisa)
Moderator of: One Chicago - NBC Multiseries, Hawaii Five-0

I wanted to discuss the new episodes with other fans.
(My friends and family either didn't watch or had enough listening to me talking about all day )

NCIS franchise
Kirsten (nuwanda)
Moderator of: Hawaii Five-0

I think that it was from Yahoo group that lead me to Fan Forum, but not sure..

One Tree Hill was the first board I posted at when the show was on air...

It's the posters that have same passion when it comes to shows, music, films or whatever it is as long we can talk about it when we have Fan Forum...
Steph (fly me to the moon)
Moderator of: James Lafferty, Bethany Joy Lenz, Netflix | Moderator Support Team

helping people and hopefully making a place everybody feels welcome

I always log in to my User Control Panel. First I answer any new PM's, then check out new posts on the boards I subscribe to.

yes, for about 3 months
Chris (Chris)
Moderator of: Info Center, Star Trek | Senior Moderator Manager

the nsync board back in 2003

engaging discussions with members, preparing for celebrations and collaborating with my co-mod

Tracy (MsPerfectionist)
Moderator of: The Witcher, Henry Cavill

I tend to go deep into fandoms: I had been very deep in the Lord of the Rings fandom in the past, and had met people online to discuss that, which I couldn't do anywhere else. Many years later when I found Fan Forum, I was deep into another fandom, that of Once Upon A Time. Unlike before, I didn't find a dedicated forum to the topic, and was looking around wanting to connect with others about that show; which brought me here.

I love the responsibility I have in protecting my boards, and the members who post there. I love being able to go through my boards and make sure everything is updated, tagged and ordered correctly.
I enjoy interacting with users, and making friends in the process.

I think Fan Forum is unique in the way that threads are there for everyone, that board guides are set up, and threads are limited in length to make them more accessible. I've been to other places where there are so many threads on so many subjects you really can't follow what is going on. The other thing I love about it, is how we screen for and regulate for those scam or spam messages, which can easily swamp boards. I know these are things that keep me coming back here, I hope that is true of others as well.
Claire (Meliana)
Moderator of: Lord of the Rings, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Robert Carlyle

My first board I posted at was Supernatural, which is also the reason I first came here. A character I liked was killed off of the show and I was taking it a bit hard. While searching the internet, I came across and the SPN forum where other people were talking/posting about the same thing. I signed up to and have been here ever since.

The first thing I do when I log in is post on my board. If I'm in the mood after I finish my board, I'll stick around for a bit and post on other boards I like to post on.

The unique thing about is that it feels more homely and personal. I do love my specific social medias, but sometimes it feels more like being talked at instead of with. But here on , people post and talk to each other about their interests more often.
Ashley (fall into your smile)
Moderator of: Phoebe Tonkin

My favorite part about my position as a moderator here at FF is being able to stay in contact with friends that I've made here and have maintained friendships with for 10+ years now. I'll forever be grateful for the friends I've made.

I head over to the Jeffrey Dean Morgan board first. The board is my baby, and it brings me absolute joy to post on it daily, and also chat daily with one of my fanforum BFF's/co-mods.

The first Fanforum board I ever posted at, was 13 years ago at the Bones board! In fact somebody I met over there is still a good friend of mine outside of FF, that I keep in contact with on social media to this day.
Nikole (JDM's❤︎Sweetheart)
Moderator of: Misha Collins, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Fast & Furious Franchise

The TV show Roswell brought me to Fan Forum and is also the first board I posted on. I discovered it while searching for spoilers and news about the show. I met many of the Roswell posters at that time when I attended a fan get together in Houston.

Your favorite Fan Forum related memory?
Tough to say just one but probably when I got my first moderator position here (The Office) and then subsequently modding other boards, becoming an MST, and becoming a Moderator manager. I met my best friend here and have made and met many friends here.

As an MST I love getting to visit different boards I don’t normally visit and getting to converse with people I haven’t.
Mel (Enigma)
Moderator of: Jason Behr | Moderator Support Team

My twin sister was a mod at the Third Watch board and she kept talking about the forum, so I decided to check it out. And I've been here every since.

The first board I ever posted at was Alias. I didn't know anything about "ships" or how the threads worked and I posted in the wrong "ship" thread on my first few posts

This may not be a memory, but my favorite memory is the true, real-life friendships I've made through posting at Many of the posters, mods, MSTs, and mod managers I've become friends with A few don't post much on anymore, but I still am their friends on other social media.
Carol (Yellow Mustang Girl)
Moderator of: Off Topic

I'm a big fan of Matthew Perry (RIP). He was in a film with Zac Efron so I went to the Zac Efron board and read posts about the film. Then I stayed for LOST and Josh Holloway.

I check for PMs and look at the Moderator and MST board. I check for MST assignments if I am on MST duty.

It is a well run PG-13 site so it's nicer than some other boards. There are lots of long time posters so it's easy to make friends and get to know posters quite well.
Julie (Sulieter)
Moderator of: Josh Holloway | Moderator Support Team Manager

My favourite thing about being a Graphics Team Manager is to help FF look the best it can. It's so great being a part of the process from start to finish, and with the help of the amazingly talented Graphics Team turn the posters vision into a fantastic new look for each and every board.

As a Moderator Support Team member my favourite thing is getting to visit and post on boards I might otherwise not have visited and learning more about its posters and the board itself.

The most unique part of FF is its longevity and sense of community. It's so amazing to see so many people who have been a part of FF for years who have no intention of ever leaving and also all the newer posters who have found FF along the way. I also love how every year there are a few FF wide competitions and celebrations and themed days to take part in. All of this makes the whole place even more special and unique.

Kate (me and the sky)
Moderator Support Team | Graphics Team Manager

A good friend of mine, Olivia aka Liv or "livstevi21" on brought me to Fan Forum as she wanted me to participate in posting at the "Tom Welling" Message Board because I am a HUGE Tom Welling Fan!

The "Tom Welling" Message Board is the first Board that I posted at on Fan Forum!

The most unique thing about Fan Forum is that it is still here! I have been an online fan of Mr. Tom Welling since 2005, so I have participated in several Message Boards that are sadly no longer online today. With the rise of social media and all the advancements in technology, despite the immense access to remain closer, every fan decided to get more and more distant from one another. The best thing about is that it maintains its togetherness with all of the respectful attitude to every member and the safe environment to continue to discuss all your favorite things. I thank everyone for their hard work these past 25 years, and I am wishing everyone the best of luck for the next 25!
Fatima (TomsEnough)
Moderator of: Backstreet Boys, Smallville, Lucifer, Tom Welling, Shawn Mendes

It had been Roswell and I remember when there had been 2 boards plus more of the actors/actresses still had boards I found back through Crashdown website

generally my UserCP threads and than my boards

have so many found moments like back in 2007 when on the Off Topic board we would run through the Bunny Threads in hours another is talking about Damon/Bonnie onThe Vampire Dairies lastly is back when Posting Challenges were popular
Sarah (crash landing)
Moderator of: Chris Pine, Keanu Reeves

A good friend (Rae - room to breathe) & I stumbled across the site while looking up things about Supernatural & Jared Padalecki. She joined the site not long after & then convinced me to join too a few months later. It is also her fault that I joined the GT & then applied for GTM when she stepped down/left . I was convinced because growing up often I loved things that very few people around me enjoyed so I couldn't discuss it. gave me that chance to do it.

What I love most about being on the Graphics Team would be helping out boards & using my love for art/creativity to do so. I like to help. Being a mod I'm not sure... keeping boards for topics I love alive so I can continue enjoying discussing those topics?

That it is still here & thriving even after all these years & social media taking over the world. I've been a member of a few different forums, I've seen how they can unfortunately die out. Then I've also seen a small piece of how this site has managed to evolve & grow through time. All while still doing what it does best: providing a safe space to share about what you love.
Chelle (shinebrighterxx)
Moderator of: Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, NCIS Franchise, Law & Order Franchise | Graphics Team Manager

OP/FF Screenshots: shinebrighterxx / Banners: me and the sky / 1998 Facts: hobbylark & popculturemadness

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Happy 25 Years!

This site holds such a special place in my heart and I’m happy it’s still here.

A big thank you to everyone who plays a part in running the site and everyone who posts here.

Loved reading all the testimonials and it’s a lovely OP.

Old 11-25-2023, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

A huge thank you to everybody who has ever supported this site by posting here over the years. Also, thanks to all members who have volunteered to serve on the communication, graphic, moderator and management teams. The success of this site is truly a team effort, and we all contribute to the site's continued success.

Fan Forum is my online home, and I really can't imagine it not being around.

Thanks to Chelle for organizing this year's celebration, Kate for art, and everybody who shared some memories for the opening post.
Old 11-25-2023, 01:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

congrats on the huge milestone. 25 yrs is something to be proud of

this is such a great board, I love coming here everyday and reading all the boards on my fav shows and celebs. ive met so many wonderful people on here over the years. this really is my second home

great job with the OP. love reading everyone's testimonials

I had no idea this site was connected to the crashdown. I used to love that website for all the latest Roswell news.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

congrats on 25 Years! love the OP pages, so much history! here's to many more anniversaries!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

yay for 25 years!
Nobody can stop me ♬
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:38 PM
MST Manager

Aww, man. That opening post has me smiling and crying all at the same time! Puddle of goo, seriously.

What a beautiful and well-written opening post! I absolutely loved reading every word. Fan Forum is and always will be my online home.

Thanks for this amazing forum, the glorious management team, and the beautiful posters. More importantly, thank you for allowing me the privilege to be a part of it.

Congratulations on 25 years!!

Old 11-25-2023, 04:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Happy 25th anniversary

Thank you to everyone who makes this site what it is
Old 11-25-2023, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Happy 25 Years! That's amazing!

I've had fun posting here and meeting many great people.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy 25th anniversary ya’ll!! So amazing.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations to for 25 years!

has been my home for 20 years! I love talking to everyone here with the same interest as me - whether that's Bridgerton, The Last of Us, or something else - we always have something to chat about. I'll be forever grateful.

Beautiful OP.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, happy 25th anniversary! It's a huge feat for a message board to still be around that long. I've always loved posting on message boards and was sad when most of them went away, so I'm definitely grateful for this one. I love talking about many things I love on here like TV shows, films, cartoons, comic book films, video games, couples, etc. I feel like it has everything for everybody lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

Well...25 already? The years do go by real fast.

Crazy that my account is almost turning 20 (used to frequent here while I was still in school). Been through some crazy times both on and off here
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 02:40 AM
MST Manager

Congratulations on 25 years.

Thank you to everybody involved in making a great place to be.

Amazing OP.