Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2023, 04:32 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I always feel better after I get out for a walk.

My income tax return has finally been assessed! It's been in processing since late April. Now I have to wait until June 27th for my refund. At least I finally have a date as to when I'll get my money.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I always feel better after I get out for a walk.

My income tax return has finally been assessed! It's been in processing since late April. Now I have to wait until June 27th for my refund. At least I finally have a date as to when I'll get my money.
Me too. Took another one this morning on my own.

I’m glad it finally got assessed!

Happy Sunday all.
Old 06-18-2023, 01:22 PM
MST Manager

I'm glad you enjoyed your walk, Mel. I hope you enjoy your dinner with Jerry D and his wife.

I'm glad your tax was finally assessed, Chris.

I remember going on school trips to a farm and a brewery.
Old 06-18-2023, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Sunday all!
Old 06-19-2023, 05:40 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Mel - how was your dinner?

Julie - a brewery for a school trip? We had a major brewery in the city where I grew up, but never visited it. I remember going for a maple syrup festival a few times, the Kelloggs cereal factory, the Coke bottling plant and over to Detroit- about 2 hours away - 3 different times to see a Ford factory and museum.

Norman - did you have a good Sunday?

Temperatures are heating up here this week. Tomorrow we're going to the city and will have a nice dinner out and stay overnight for hubby's appointment on Wednesday. Hopefully all is well after his shoulder surgery and he'll be able to get rid of his sling.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Chris and Julie - I had a very nice time meeting Jerry and his wife. We had Chinese food at a place I’ve never been to that they love. It was really good. Always fun to meet people on Fan Forum in person.

That sounds fun Chris. Enjoy and hopefully hubby will get out of his sling.

I don’t remember ever touring a brewery for a school trip. I remember touring the Blue Bell ice cream factory which was fun!

I got out for another walk this morning. Trying to push myself despite the heat.

Happy not to be working today, I’m getting some household stuff done and mainly relaxing.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:32 AM
MST Manager

It does sound weird going to a brewery for a school trip. We all got some free hops.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Chinese meal with Jerry and his wife, Mel. I love Chinese food. Was that the first time that you met Jerry D?

I hope you enjoy your day off, Mel.

I bet the maple syrup factory was a great trip, Chris. I hope you enjoy your dinner and hour husband's shoulder is OK.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend, Norman.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Julie Right? That’s fun though.

It is the first time we’ve met in person so it was great to finally do that after talking all these years.

It was a good day off.

Back to work today. My supervisor had an appointment this morning so she asked me to help out. We finally got two new people that started yesterday but they didn’t get their computers yesterday and they need to do orientation this morning. So she asked me if I could meet them at the office and let them use my computer to do it. So I’m here letting them do that. After that I will head out to do an inspection. They’re supposed to get their computers today so hopefully that happens.
Old 06-20-2023, 12:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Chris - so glad that you are finally going to get your tax return Hope you and hubby have a nice dinner and that his appointment goes well.

Julie - I have never been to a brewery. Did they let you try a bunch of different beers while you were there?

Mel - that is awesome that you got to meet Jerry and had a great dinner with him and his wife! Glad you are getting some helpers at work. Hopefully thing won't be so crazy for you now. My oldest son and I went to Austin this weekend for his swim meet at UT.

Unpacking, doing laundry, and getting everything put away today.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I sure did!

Today I went to Marshal's!
Old 06-21-2023, 05:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Norman - Did you buy anything at Marshall’s?

Amy - Thank you. And yes definitely happy to have our vacancies filled now. We are hoping one of them will get a case load right away but the other one will have to go through training for 4-5 months before getting a case load.

How did the swim meet go?
Old 06-21-2023, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I got a soap! Today I went to the barbers and got a haircut!
Old 06-22-2023, 05:32 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

morning all.

Mel - that sounds lovely. Yay for getting some new co workers! Hopefully they both catch on and stick around

Julie - we just seen the sugar bush, and then boiling down the sap. I don't think they bottled the finished syrup there.

Amy - unpacking always seems to be more of a chore than getting things packed to go away.

Norman - sounds good.

We had a nice time in the city. Didn't find anything for myself but hubby got some good deals on shorts and t-shirts. We had dinner at a restaurant we like, then later on had dessert and a drink at the hotel restaurant. It had a nice view of the bay. Had a bit of a shock when waitress brought us the wrong bill but quickly got that sorted out.

Hubby is out of his sling, so he's happy about that. It will probably be another few days until he can comfortably lift his arm. I'm still the primary driver since he can't comfortably reach the turn signals.
Old 06-22-2023, 06:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Good morning

Norman - Yay very nice

Chris - Thank you. I hope so too!

It sounds like you guys had a nice time in the city. And I’m glad to hear hubby is out of the sling now.

We had crazy storms roll through last night. There were stronger winds recorded than when we had Hurricane Ike. Lots of wind damages across the city and power outages. Luckily all good where I am and no power outage.
Old 06-22-2023, 08:41 AM
MST Manager

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend, Norman. I hope you like your new haircut.

Amy, they didn't give us any beer to taste. We were children so it would have been illegal.

I'm glad you had a good day off, Mel. I hope the new staff settle in well. It's great that you met Jerry after all this time.

Chris, I'm glad that your husband is out of his sling. I hope he fully gets better soon. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal.