Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you, Rae. It's nice to see a new member here in Info Center.

How are you doing?
Old 11-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was up way earlier than usual, but that was part of being paranoid I would be late due to some malfunction with my alarm + daylight savings. For the past two Sundays, my phone alarm has failed to work right come Monday morning. I'm not sure why it seems to require a restart once a week, but I did restart my phone yesterday. Still woke up around 3:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Here we go with DST again. I only know that if that applies to me, instead of being 12 hours ahead than most, I'm now 13 or 14 hours ahead.

Hey Rae, so great to see you here.

Welcome back Jenna. Btw, thanks for posting around on HP last week when I was away.

Hey Chris, Cece & Leanne.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wanderlust~ (View Post)
Thank you, Rae. It's nice to see a new member here in Info Center.

How are you doing?
Thansk! I"m doing good.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

all. Busy day for me getting mom moved back from rehabilitation to her room. Hopefully she settles in okay.

Lindsay - you don't do DST at all? I suppose being closer to the equator you don't have as much difference in hours of daylight over the year?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I live in Arizona and we don't do DST either. It's great.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Not a problem, Lindsay!

DST ended this past Sunday for us. It's still difficult getting adjusted. Going to bed at 8 and waking up at 6. I normally sleep at 9 and wake at 7!

I hope everyone is having a good day. If you need to de-stress, I suggest looking at the polygon-breathing gif.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to admit, I'm kinda getting a bit stressed out tonight for various reasons!

I'm glad I have a 4 day weekend starting on Friday!
Old 11-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris. yes. I guess the only thing that changes during the -ber months is that our nights are cooler than usual. I'm assuming you already have snow there?

Jenna, so now you have to wake up earlier than usual?

Hey Leanne & Rae!

ETA: Election results are coming in. I was not expecting it to be this close.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - in the summer, the sunrise is before 6am, and sunset is almost 10pm. Right now, sunrise is 7:15am, and sunset is 5 pm. We've had some wet snow, but nothing that remains on the ground for any length of time, but we're getting to the point where that wouldn't be unusual.

The popular vote was really close. Not the result I expected.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

I woke up, saw who our new president is, and cried.

(This was the first time in my adult life that I didn't vote for the republican presidential candidate)
Old 11-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Its pretty distressing!!

I'm in Canada and I woke up feeling a bit sick to my stomach myself!
Old 11-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

The thing to remember though is that the US does have a system of checks and balances. The president is not a dictator and he is not all powerful, able to do anything he wants. Our Constitution does limit the amount of power for each of the 3 branches has, so that no one branch can take total control. I'm not saying that Trump couldn't cause problems, but he will be limited. There are a lot of things he would have to go through Congress to do.

Take, for example, Obamacare. Obama didn't just declare it law. He had to lobby and work with Congress to get them to pass it into law.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Politicians often make promises on the campaign trail that they don't carry through on once they're elected. But some of the things Trump has said are just scary. It will be an interesting 4 years.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

"Interesting" will definitely be one of the words to describe it, I have no doubt.

He'll probably be one of the Presidents that kids will spend time in the future learning about.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread