Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just remembered that before the "incident" during the movie, some guy I don't know reserved his seat right beside me so when he sat down we had no personal space between us. I was like "really, dude, when you reserved this seat, you didn't notice the one right beside you was taken by one person?"

I very nearly leaned over to him and said "you want to pretend we're on a date?" as a joke but didn't think he would get it.. but he must have got a vibe cause he moved one seat over soon after, lol! I think it's better for me to wait for the movies to be on Netflix so I can avoid the public!

Not having a good start to my day so I should get out of bed and do stuff soon.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome back Lindsay!

Cece congrats on the new laptop. I made the transition to a Macbook less than a year ago and I haven't regretted it.

Leanne I'm so glad that didn't happen to me cause I would have thrown up as well and if I had someone sitting so close to me I probably would have thrown up on them.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ thankfully it was far enough down the row I didn't smell or see anything, except when the kid walked past me to leave, but apparently some people who were sitting in front of her had to leave a bit cause they got a bit of splatter on them and had to clean up, I would have freaked out more than them, I felt sorry for them!

So tonight was that dinner I go to with my parents and two sets of uncles and aunts, and one of my aunts totally offended me and created an awkward moment. She was teasing, but hit a sore spot with me, so I brushed it off and just stayed in my brain for the remainder of being at the table! Hope my parents don't "check up" to make sure I'm ok cause they did it before, lol. Family is so much fun!
Old 11-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
It's a nice day here, so I was out for a walk this morning. How about you?
That's good. Hope tomorrow is just as nice where you are!

I took a walk, too. But my tolerance for the cold isn't quite what it used to be. Maybe I can build it up again.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I used to complain about people taking forever to respond to me. Now I've become one of them...

Lori

Last edited by Woman of Steel; 11-06-2016 at 07:25 PM
Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks everyone! I miss FF when I don't come on. The nights have been cooler here which is great as I live in a tropical country. I used to wake up sweating during the summer which I hate.

Leanne, sorry about your movie experience watching Dr. Strange, that really sucks.

Cece, I hope you get your computer problems get sorted out soon.

Hey Lori, Chris & Gelly!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

My problem has been resolved the easy way. Got a MacBook. I've wanted a Mac for a while, especially since I have an iPad and iPhone and love both! But the cost of a MacBook was a bit of a turn off, and convinced myself I didn't need it when I have a finely functional Windows laptop. Now it is not so functional, and I just feel getting a newer Windows laptop will give me the same troubles eventually. I'll be able to use the MacBook for so much longer!

Welcome back, Lindsay!

Last edited by a fine mess; 11-06-2016 at 08:36 PM
Old 11-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I hope everybody is having a good Monday! I'm waiting for a phone call. If I don't hear back soon, I'm going to go out.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Daylight savings time is really hitting me this morning . my alarm actually woke me up and I was dreaming and I feel like I could deep sleep another 3 hours! Welcome Monday
Old 11-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Hey all!

Leanne, that's crazy! What'd you think of the movie?
Old 11-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I seriously have bad luck going to movie theaters.

Dr. Strange was an okay movie. I don't usually watch Marvel character movies but I was curious about Benedict in it! I liked the latter half!

I thought you went to see it, Rae!
Old 11-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

I did go see it! I just wanted to see what you thought. I'm Marvel trash. I love the MCU, although technically I'm about 50/50 on the movies. This one fell somewhere in the middle for me, as far as favorites. I thought it was pretty good, but not one I'd see twice in the theater. Ben did a great job, although something about his accent felt off to me. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm used to his English accent or what, but I asked others and they felt the same.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rae, I liked it! Like I said I liked the latter half where it seemed the action picked up. It was slower in the beginning but it was ok since people walking in front me constantly was distracting! I liked the humour in it. I also was confused about him talking in a non English accent and couldn't tell if he was supposed to be American.

I thought the character could be Aspergers tho cause I noticed he knew useless dates in music trivia, could be distracted by ticking of clocks that no one else would notice and he had an aversion to hugging. And that was all in the first introduction of the movie. I noticed those cause I have those traits myself. Wonder if I'm right?
Old 11-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Interesting! I hadn't thought of that, but it sort of makes sense.

He was supposed to be an American with a New York accent. Sometimes it was ok sometimes it was off...
Old 11-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey!

Haven't been in here for a while. Forgot about and then when I returned earlier last week, it turned out one of my favorite posters was on vacation. But they're back now so I thought I'd pop in.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back
Closed Thread   Post New Thread