Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
Captain America: Civil War, Chris.
I should have realized that.

Lindsay - sounds like you have to vote for a heck of a lot of people.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lindsay, at least you'll have six people to choose from to run your country. We'll only have two proper candidates come November, one for the Republican Party and the other for the Democratic Party. I'm losing hope that the candidate I like will lose the Primaries overall.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

No worries, Chris. I thought people may think we're talking the actual Civil War if we just use those two words without saying Marvel or Captain America.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Cece, you're gonna looooove CA.

Vicki, awww that's nice. I'm glad you're feeling much better now.

Lizzy, yes that's correct. We also have 6 VPs to choose from. I've been reading about candidate platforms these past few days, at least for the candidates for president cause I'm still undecided.

Chris, yeah. Lots of people in power and yet we still have not progressed economically. We're still far along from Singapore.

Bec, that's a good way of looking at it. I can't imagine having to choose only 2 candidates and they both suck. Tbh, I'm not impressed with all 6. Ever since I started to vote, the president & VP that I vote for never wins.

Have a great week ahead everyone! For those celebrating Mother's Day this Sunday, doing anything special on that day?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's really interesting, Lindsay. Is there a big transition if the person elected for president and VP don't have the same beliefs on issues?

I loooooooved the pilates class I went to tonight. It was a hybrid class with TRX, which I had never heard of before but loved. We did a lot of exercises with ropes and on the mat.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread and I had no idea! Miss you guys, can't wait to be done with my character charts!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

Zombie buddy!
Good luck with those charts! And get your butt back over to the iZombie board after that!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to get my butt back to a lot of boards It's crazy times though, on and on...

Sidenote, I finally watched TFA, I had to, today of all days
Old 05-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh! Lindsay, my candidate did win the latest primary, but there was no news about his party (and whether he or the other candidate won) until today.

Everyone cares about this guy, who I seriously hope does not become president. If he does, I'm out of here!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec =) (View Post)
Everyone cares about this guy, who I seriously hope does not become president. If he does, I'm out of here!
You'll have to move fast, before he builds his border fences.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

You're all welcome here! Lots of people who don't want more foreigners in our country, BUT as long as you're from a "civilized", "western" country, you're totally fine! (Sigh. Deep, deep sigh.)
Old 05-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am scared for America. But you know what? Hillary may have a fighting chance. She is leading Trump by double-digits currently. Because I think *maybe* the Republicans who are against Trump are voting for Hillary even if they don't like her. But with her trying to get a higher minimum wage and all this free stuff to people (like college, etc) where does America have the money? Of course the idea is great and dandy, but who is going to pay for all of that? We already have so much debt, and here Trump is being rude to China who we owe a large part of our debt to.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, good question. Usually yes. But for the sake of the people, they have to come to an agreement with the VP usually supporting the President. Most of the time, they don't get along but they're only in power for 4 years so I guess we can stomach that. President still makes the call so VP has no choice if they don't get along. Btw, glad you enjoy pilates class. How long have you been doing it?

Welcome back, Rose!

Bec, I can relate. This is why I hate politics in general and living in a third world country where I don't see any improvement at all. On a local level, when can I actually sleep soundly without worrying that it will flood in my area during typhoon season? And can I actually go to work in less than an hour without having to wake up 5 am every freaking day just so I can get to work before 8:30 am?

Have a great day and week ahead, Chris & Mascha!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's really interesting, Lindsay. Thanks for explaining.

I discovered last year that I really enjoy pilates. It's only in the past couple of weeks that I've gotten really motivated to work out again and have been trying several different classes (cycling, variations of pilates, cardio) to figure out what I like and am happy to take on a regular basis.

I'm worried about the elections as well but have hope that Hillary will win over Trump.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

While I sincerely believe that if you have the right to vote, it's your responsibility to get out and vote, it's also frustrating because so many politicians make promises that they don't keep once elected.