Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Sex and the City News and Info Thread

I noticed that we didn't have one of these so thought I would start one. Post whatever tidbits or articles you find on any of the SATC stars.

Here's one on Sarah Jessica:

Sex and the City Star gets Israeli coverup

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker's fashion sense raised the ire of ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel who demanded that billboards featuring the actress in a skimpy dress be covered up.

Photo
Reuters Photo

Photos of Parker lying in a skin-revealing, spaghetti strap gown were pasted on billboards across Israel promoting Lux soap.

But ultra-Orthodox Jews took offence at the sight of Parker's arms, back, shoulders and even a little thigh.

So much so that one leading ultra-Orthodox rabbi contacted the distributor and warned that if the offending posters were not removed then the religious community would boycott the company's extensive product line, the Haaretz daily reported.

Almost immediately, the Israeli branch of consumer product group Unilever removed the posters and replaced them with a more chaste version.

In the new posters, Parker is wearing an uncharacteristically modest long-sleeve gown that would have made Carrie Bradshaw, her fashion goddess character in the iconic American TV show, blanch.

Downplaying the makeover, a marketing manager for Unilever said jokingly: "We decided to make her dress more suitable for the winter weather".

Gimme a break.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Old 11-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for getting the news thread started. I've been thinking we need one for all those extras that the cast is involved in, what's going on in all countires with SatC.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the thread .. uh the dress is .. uhm .. yeah ... very original

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Welcome! Yeah, I thought it would be a good idea because it seems there is always some news on the cast and guest stars and extras somewhere.

Also this way we can post what time certain eps come on, schedules and then any movies, etc that they may be involved in.

I like that hot pink on SJP.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread hun We need a place for news and stuff.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Looks like this is from a bit back, but is interesting none-the-less.

Kristin Davis developing own HBO series
Associated Press

ATHENS — Kristin Davis gets no downtime once she returns home from her whirlwind of event-hopping at the Olympic Games.

The "Sex and the City" star is developing her own series for HBO, the same cable channel that made her character, prim Charlotte York, a household name, along with Carrie, Miranda and Samantha.

"I've been working on it for a little while," Davis told The Associated Press Thursday night while attending a Sports Illustrated party at a trendy beachfront lounge.

She couldn't say much about what the show will be like, but she divulged, "It's really fun and odd being on the development side. I'm working with all the executives for the show, and to see the way that ideas come together and people come together is fascinating."

Davis has been in Athens with the committee that's trying to bring the summer Olympic Games to New York in 2012. The 39-year-old also is Maybelline New York's new celebrity spokeswoman and will appear in the cosmetics brand's TV and print ads that will debut at the end of the year.

For her role on "Sex and the City," which ended its six-year run in February, Davis also is up for an Emmy for supporting actress in a comedy series, alongside co-stars Kim Cattrall and Cynthia Nixon. Sarah Jessica Parker is nominated for lead actress in a comedy.

Wonder if its still in the works and what its about?

SATC
Old 11-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool thread!

Thanks for the news and info.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Michelle - Thanks for posting the news. I hope its still in the works.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Sarah Jessica Parker walks in on Japan's 'Sex and the City' boom

By Akiko Uematsu
Staff Writer

November 24, 2004

On Nov. 22 American actress Sarah Jessica Parker, 39, held a press conference to promote the DVD release of the final season of her Emmy and Golden Globe awards-winning TV show "Sex and the City."
On her arrival at Narita Airport on the previous day, which was her very first visit to Japan, Parker was mobbed by some 300 of her female fans.

Affectionately known as SATC among fans, the show humorously depicts the friendships of four single, thirtysomething career women in New York and their romances with various types of men.
In the famously racy show, Parker played Carrie Bradshaw, a journalist who writes a weekly newspaper column about "sex."

Since the first episode screened in the U.S. in 1998, SATC attracted legions of female viewers in their 20s and 30s. The edgy clothes Carrie wore in each episode immediately became highly popular among fashion-forward girl fans, as did the restaurants and shops that appear in the show. This "SATC phenomenon" has been seen also in Japan. Parker - both as herself and as Carrie - has got a lot of coverage as a celebrity role model in Japanese fashion magazines.

"It was an extraordinary experience to work with such talented people. It was very meaningful," Parker, who appeared in antique French doll-like attire at the press conference, looked back on her six years performing Carrie and serving as an executive producer.

"Being an executive producer could be everything or nothing, but my case was something personal. I engaged in marketing for the show, director's casting decision, fashions I wanted to bring into the show and publicity to the press - it was an amazing learning experience."

In addition, regarding the key to the show's success in Japan, "I think great writing transcends language issues," she remarked.

Furthermore, Parker unexpectedly revealed a glimpse into her personal side, thanking her family. "I struggle with being a working mother who has a husband (actor Matthew Broderick) and a two-year old son. I am always very happy to be home, but I struggle with wanting to have both family and career. I think it's a great challenge. I'm lucky to have that challenge."

When asked about her future work, she smiled and said she would do some movies starting in mid January, produce a couple of TV shows, and enjoy "being a mommy."

From here Click to see pics.
----------------------------------------

SJP looks great! I was very surprised that she had never been to Japan before.

SATC

Last edited by Michelle25; 11-27-2004 at 12:59 PM
Old 11-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, she looks beautiful. Thanks for the info and link Michelle.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the article! SJP looks great in the pictuers! _
Old 11-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

She looks so pretty in those pictures..And that, uh, dress is quite interesting in the first picture.

I want to know more about Kristin's new show in the works.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know if people know or are interested but Kristin Davis is the model for a line of clothing here in the UK called Florence and Fred.

Its sold in a supermarket over here called Tesco. The clothes are really nice and stylish and our very own Kristin modelled the clothes.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Corbett Gives Two Films' Notice

by Larry Carroll
Sep 28, 2004, 1:20 PM PT

Cynthia Nixon isn't the only former Sex and the City star with a big announcement to make.

John Corbett, appearing at a junket last week to promote his upcoming film with Hilary Duff, Raise Your Voice, dropped a bombshell of his own.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm getting out of acting," he said. "I'm bored. I've been doing this for so long--I'm serious--and I can't do this any more."

Corbett, who first garnered attention as an eccentric deejay on the early-'90s CBS hit Northern Exposure, has made a solid career for himself playing tall, easy-going romantics in films like Raising Helen, Serendipity and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Most famously, he made Sarah Jessica Parker's Carrie Bradshaw nearly pop a gasket as she had to decide whether his Aidan Shaw or Chris Noth's Mr. Big was her soul mate on Sex and the City. More recently, he starred in the short-lived FX gambling dramedy Lucky.

Full Article here

What he says about SATC in this article:

He does say that Sex and the City was his favorite acting gig, and Parker was his greatest acting partner. "Sarah Jessica. She's just one of the best actresses around, and all of my scenes for two years were with one of the best actresses around. It was just really fun, and that was something I really enjoyed." Laughing, he added: "I didn't mind those 90-second takes

------------

Looks like we may be hearing John on the radio before too long.

SATC
Old 11-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

It's so weird to see her with dark brown hair though that is her natural color.