Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion- 207 'The Chicken Dance'

"I write about sex, not love. What do I know about love?" -Carrie

Directed by: Victoria Hochberg
Written by: Cindy Chupack

Synopsis
In a city as cynical as New York, is it still possible to believe in love at first sight? Miranda's interior decorator and her friend from London fall in love at first sight -- and invite the girls to be part of their wedding, much to their dismay.

Carrie's Poem
His hello was the end of her endings
Her laugh was their first step down the aisle
His hand would be hers to hold forever
His forever was as simple as her smile
He said she was what was missing
She said instantly she knew
She was a question to be answered
And his answer was "I do"

Old 02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

I loved Carrie's poem, I was very pleasantly surprised by it actually. I was also sad about Big and Carrie, sometimes it seems like she doesn't have any confidence in that relationships and her self-confidence goes out the window until Big does the next romantic thing. I'm wondering if maybe she shouldn't look so deeply into everything he does? Maybe he just doesn't like signing cards?

I actually felt very badly for Miranda, but she sure got back with her giving the couple the frog thing But I thought it was rude of them to act like they did when they all went out to dinner
Old 02-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was very pleasantly surprised by it actually.
I know when she read it it was so sweet!

I wanted to slap Big upside the head for answering his phone and not dancing with her, but i suppose thats real, guys aren't some prince charming going to sweep us off our feet and Big is far from perfect, but he's the guy who gets her cake and goes home with her! its so love and he loooks sooo good in a tux! their scene in his apartment in bed is one of my faves so funny!

I know poor Miranda having to put up with them and doing so much at the wedding, her present was hilarious

Old 02-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

It's so good that they portray the relationship so realistically like you said, he's not perfect but he makes her happy and he's there for her The bed scene was great talking about how he didn't want to miss her talking about love, glove, doves

I felt bad for her especially because I was totally in charge of the guest book at a wedding and even though I was only 15 I knew it was just giving me something small to do so they wouldn't have to have me in their actual wedding
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, i'm not saying she should settle for anything less then she wants cause Big may have some flaws but he wants to make her laugh and be happy

They totally stuck her with that job and asked Carrie to write the poem?! who they dont even know, they could have asked miranda, who brought them together, to say a few words! Jenn that totally sucks, weddings are so booooring i was a flower girl before and almost fell asleep standing!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

I was flower girl for my mom's wedding when I was reallllly little, I forgot to throw the flowers so I started crying

That was pretty ridiculous, how did they know Carrie was capable of even writing poetry? Writing an article about sex and writing a poem are pretty different
Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Awwww Jenn!

I know poor Carrie, talk about pressure! At least if you knew the people you could write something you really mean!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

I know, I like to think that she wrote it for Big though and then he didn't even listen
Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Its so sad because she wanted him to hear it awww

Old 02-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great Carrie/Big episode. I loved Carrie's dress. And Big looked hot!

Charlotte's wedding date was pretty cute too.

I don't remember Sam's storyline much.

And poor Miranda. Her date ditched her to be with another woman. Kinda funny actually.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

I agree, Big was such a terd for taking his call and not listening to Carrie's poem. The think about Big, its weird as soon as you thought he was perfect for Carrie and would treat her right, in the next scene he would go and do something dumb like missing her poem.

SATC
Old 02-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

I agree there are definitely moments when he just gets it so wrong and can mess up, I dont think he meant to mistreat her in any way cause he cares about her so much, he'd just mess up