Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Episode #111 Discussion - The Drought

An accidental emission has Carrie certain that she and Mr. Big will never share a bed again. The last three months have Miranda convinced she will never share a bed with any man again. A foray into tantric celibacy leaves Samantha craving old-fashioned sex, and Charlotte's boyfriend would rather be mentally balanced than sexually active.

One month was interesting, two months was numbing... three months, I'm going out of my mind. -Miranda

Woman on the street: They say the average 33-year-old woman has sex 3.5 times a week. I'd like to know who that woman is.

Carrie: New York City is all about sex. People getting it, people trying to get it, people who can't get it. No wonder the city never sleeps. It's too busy trying to get laid.

Miranda: You farted! You're human!
Carrie: I don't want him to know that!

Samantha: Normal is the halfway point between what you want and what you can get.

Carrie: There are 1.3 million single men in New York, 1.8 million single women, and of these more than 3 million people, about 12 think they're having enough sex.

*credit Mr.Brightside for screencaps... Thanks!

SATC
Old 04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

I love this episode. Poor Carrie...she becomes so paranoid. I feel really embarrased for her when she goes over to Big and he's trying to watch the game.

Also the whole Miranda and her videos....I was so glad when she stood up to that construction worker.

and poor Sam....she was nearly in tears trying to give up sex.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Great episode!

I'll have to re-watch it to make a mini - review.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

It made me laugh when they were all watching the couple having sex and Sam was getting all frustrated with the candy.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Gawd! I love this eppie. The scene with the girls crowded around Carrie's window is hilarious.

Summary from TBS.com
Quote:
There is a point in every relationship where romance gives way to reality. Carrie and Big's relationship hits this point when Carrie passes gas in bed. After rushing out in total embarrassment, she can't get it out of her mind. So, Carrie decides to take the adult approach about it--completely deny it.

While Carrie can't get her emissions out of her mind, Miranda can't get the fact that she hasn't had sex in three months out of hers. Her frustration eventually builds up to the point where she hits on married construction workers. Unsuccessfully, of course.

Meanwhile, in an attempt to seduce her yoga instructor, Samantha learns that he is celibate. He feels that finding his spiritual center is more important than sex. Samantha is quite turned on by this and decides to try it herself. After a few days of celibacy, Samantha is hitting on every guy in her yoga class.

Charlotte introduces Carrie to her new boyfriend, Kevin, and finds out that he and Carrie used to date. Pressuring Carrie to spill the dirt on him, Charlotte discovers that the two broke up because Kevin was a sex maniac. Charlotte is so touched that he has suppressed his urges for her that she goes home with him that very night. To her surprise, Charlotte learns that Kevin is now taking Prozac and doesn't obsess about anything anymore.

Carrie still obsesses, however. She's obsessed with her imperfection, and deals with her frustration by painting her entire apartment. She is in love with Big and is afraid he's going to leave her because she's not perfect. That night, Big stops by randomly and sees Carrie changing the apartment. "I like it the way it is," he says as he sits down on the sofa.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the great pictures...it was such a great episode...really funny.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Absolute Fan

This one cracks me up!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love this episode so much - it's one of my faves! Its just so funny that something so human such as a fart can turn someone in to the most paranoid person!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

She was so embarrased and totally sure that Big was gonna finish it with her.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

This episode cracked me up. Carrie reliving the fart over and over in her head is just hysterical! This is one of my favorite episodes from the first season.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaB
This episode cracked me up. Carrie reliving the fart over and over in her head is just hysterical! This is one of my favorite episodes from the first season.
Thats what makes me laugh the most
Old 05-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

I finally got time to rewatch this episode the other day. I had forgotten how much I loved it. It's definetly one of my faves, if not my fave, from season 1. I find the whole farting bit completely hilarious. And Carrie just rakes it over and over and replays it in her mind. The scenes of the girls watching the couple next door go at it, are also hilarious. And they all turn their heads sideways at once.

SATC
Old 05-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I love how they just sit there eating candy like its a show
Old 05-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Genius Comic Timing!
Old 05-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

This was the first SatC episode I every watched and it's still one of my favorite And although it's kinda gross I love the "fart" story

Photographs
Blog