Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Do You Have Friendships As Close As The SatC Girls?

For me one of the best things, if not the best thing, about SatC was the friendships of the girls. They were very close and seemed to share almost everything. They thought of each other as soulmates and I believe they were. Not to say that they didn't have the occasional spat, but they all came back to each other in the end.

I have often wished that I had friends as close as the girls are. I mean of course I have friends, but we aren't like the best friends that the girls were. We go out and have drinks together and talk but, I would feel a little strange crying on my friends shoulder ie: Miranda and Carrie in "My Motherboard, Myself." And I could never ever imagine having a friend as close as when Carrie got her diaphram stuck and Sam retrieved it.

So, I'm saying all of that, to ask this. Do you guys have friends as close as the girls? If you do consider yourself very lucky.

SATC
Old 04-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey everyone. Newbie here But I saw this thread and had to reply!!

I am extremely lucky to say that I do have friends as close as the SATC girls. Some people even say we remind them of sex and the city, as a lot of them live in the city lol (not me though unfortunately). But we all went to college together, and we are extremely close, and not only could I tell them anything or cry on their shoulders for anything, but I have done that many times, and they've used me to cry on too. I've never actually had a diaphragm stuck in me so I dont know if any of my friends would ever help me get one out but we're really close. I hope that someday I can move down to the city too and be even closer to them, but for now I still visit them and they visit me, and no matter what happens we always stay each other's best friends.

[sorry for the rambling lol]

Danners
Old 04-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

welcome Danners

well I had that kind of friendship when I was in high-school.. but after hisghschool finished and some went to study and some went to work.. we lost contact .. its a shame cause we´re still living in the same town .. well almost all of us.. and we see each other maybe 1 time in a month.. *sniff*

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I had some friends I was close to in high school. But we aren't that close anymore. With kids and work its hard to keep up with everyone. Who was that in your sig Suz? I believe it said Carmen. Is she your best friend?

SATC
Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

yep she is my best friend but the stupid thing is ..she doesnt live here in town.. I have to take a 3 hour train ride to be able to visit her ..so we dont see each other that often

btw .. a great idea for a thread .. love it

whats the reason that you dont have that close friendship anymore? growing apart?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Absolute Fan

I seem to have a very broad spectrum of friends. I have a quasi-Samantha, and I feel like I fill the Carrie/Charlotte role.

I have a handful of girlfriends that I really trust, and these are relationships that have developed in the past few years. I never had those before, so I really value them. I don't know if they are as close as the girls, but I love them.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a select handful of best friends that no matter what happens I'd be there for them and I know they'd be there for me, but we don't live anywhere near each other. I've met them all online and over the years our friendship has grown, but we really only see each other once a year, some more than that, but its rare. I talk to them all the time online and yes we have shared some very intimate secrets/moments that included crying, but its not the same when they don't live close to you.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
whats the reason that you dont have that close friendship anymore? growing apart?
Well we just don't talk as much as we used to. My best friend in high school, she and I were attached at the hip. We were each others maids of honors at our weddings. She now has two kids and they are both in school and active in extracaricular (sp?) activites, and that takes up alot of her time. Whereas, I don't have any children and we just don't have that much in common anymore. I miss her lots and I still consider us close friends.

Quote:
but its not the same when they don't live close to you.
I can definetly understand that, its hard enough sometimes to keep in touch when they are close. But, I actually think I talked more with my old best friend when she lived in a different state.

Quote:
I feel like I fill the Carrie/Charlotte role.
I think I'm just like the quizzes say.. Carrie with some Miranda tossed in

SATC
Old 05-04-2005, 03:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Well we just don't talk as much as we used to. My best friend in high school, she and I were attached at the hip. We were each others maids of honors at our weddings. She now has two kids and they are both in school and active in extracaricular (sp?) activites, and that takes up alot of her time. Whereas, I don't have any children and we just don't have that much in common anymore. I miss her lots and I still consider us close friends.
ah.. ok I understand ,... but it sounds like a great friendship..too bad you dont have much time for each other anymore

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

I actually called her last night, because I hadn't talked to her in a while.

SATC