Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Carrie & Big #16: With them it's ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love!

Welcome to the Carrie & Big Appreciation Thread

• • •

" Have you ever been in love?
Abso****inglutely
"

• • •

Big helped Carrie pick up the spilled contents of her purse when they first collided, but he kept no secrets about what was going on in his head when he handed the condoms back to her. For six seasons now, we've kept him in our sights and sighs. For years he has been in and out of Carrie's life. Big is the quintessential New Yorker, the man about town. And no one captures the single New Yorker woman better than columnist Carrie Bradshaw does. No one has captured and frustrated Carrie's heart as much as Mr. Big. Their sexual chemistry is undeniable, as was the fact that Big would never fully commit to Carrie. When he drives up on the most disappointing of birthdays with chilled champagne and a big bunch of balloons you can't help but fall for him all over again. In spite of (or maybe because of) their complicated past, he manages to ground her when she's feeling scared or alone. When he tells Carrie he's moving to California, Carrie compares his leaving NY to the Chrysler building leaving NY. That's how big a part of Carrie's life Big has been.
- Hbo.com

• • •

• • •

Lit1586
Lonely Smile
Katie
_virgo_
Emily
antisocial
-diana-
Let-Me-Fall
Butterfly88
Tiffers
Spikeshunny
Behr4Danielle
cartiergurl01
JDZachfan
Flavy
-cuckoo bananas-
Princess Sofia
Seduction
*Jenn*
*Stacy*
seths secret sister
Lysia Croft
Ilovejosh
Thaly
Isa
Edith78
Sawyer&Kate
MissMarie
baby_firefly
10_my_love
Live in Love ~
kategirl
Courtz_BV
LPisKiller90
Shiri Appleby
abbeyroad6282
krisor
Cosmo_Gurl
northernsoul
Jungle Julia
LostEvi
Titch22
SharTheLove
Mickey2384
courtneybangelcakes
lubby_believer
-Beautiful Disaster-
jenna_mariexx
esra
spikeshunny
valeposh
gizzie_fan
sanna_o75
Satine_lilly
Mrs.Lachey
jeslyn448
michelle ling
tv_junkie
house_cuddy4eva
Motoko Ayoama
Christy18.05
Manhattan
murphyboy11
blazing star
hannah&nick_fan
spuffy_rox
Nessa233
teganblue
marian16rox
greeneyeswe3tie
*Lori89*
Peyton Scott
*PassionateJ*
.::Tati::.

• • •

1. Because he was willing to lend her the money she needed to buy her apartment.
2. Because he flew to Paris to finally be with her!
3. Because they always went back to each other.
4. Because Even When She Was In Paris, She Imagined Being There With Big
5. Because He's Not Baggage, He's Biggage
6. Because He Put A Whoopie Cushion On Her Seat
7. Because He's Always Going To Be In Her Life
8. Because Even Charlotte Thought They Would End Up Together
9. Because she's the one
10. Because he brought her flowers and ballons on her birthday
11. Because on his last night in NY, he spent it with Carrie
12. Because she was his Candy Striper
13. Because they're "war buddies"
14. Because in the end you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh
15. Because he kept a photo of them in his drawer
16. Because he gave her money to buy her apartment
17. Because they danced to moon river
18. Because he turned up at her book launch
19. Because sex with Big definitely wouldn't be bad
20. Because he moved back to New York to be with her '
21. Because it was instant chemistry at first meet.
22. Because he made her believe in love.
23. Because he gave her material for the sequel.
24. Because "he's in [her] life".
25. Because he would turn to her for love advice.
26. Because he got her purse from the lake.
27. Because she looked good in his shirt.
28. Because they "never made it to the second game".
29. Because he listened to a whole lot of Sinatra after their breakup.

+ Carrie/Big dancing to "Moonriver"
+ Big and Carrie in Paris where he tells her "you're the one"
+ The elevator scene
+ When Big shows up at Carrie's book reading.

[FONT="Georgia"]
"Carrie You're the one"
• • •

Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives?
Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in loveor have babies, or be who we are.
After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go.
But it's comforting to knowthe ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

"Sometime you just want to be with the onethat makes you laugh"

"You can't leave New York! You're the Chrysler Building,
the Chrysler building would look wrong in Napa!"

"Welcome homebaby"

Carrie Bradshaw, love of my life will you marry me?

Moonriver - Andy Williams
You got the love - The source feat. Candi Station
La Belle et Le Bad Boy - MC Solaar
Wicked Game - Chris Isaac
The One I Love - David Gray
I Can't Seem To Make You Mine - The Clientele
Fallin' - Alicia Keys
Fix You - Coldplay
The Hardest Thing - 98 degrees
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Breathe me- Sia

YouTube - Hold you in my arms
Carrie/Big/Aidan- You know I'm no good

by Emily

• • •

Last edited by Emily; 04-27-2010 at 12:43 PM
Old 04-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Master Fan

Carrie & Big Kiss Survivor

#3 was voted off in Round 6

#4 was voted off In Round 4

#7 was voted off in Round 7

#8 was voted off in Round 8

#11 was voted off in Round 9

#14 was voted off in Round 5

#15 was voted off In Round 1

#19 was voted off In Round 2

#21 was voted off In Round 3

Current Tally
9 - 1 vote
12 - 1 vote
16 - 1 vote
17 - 1 vote

Last edited by Emily; 04-14-2010 at 02:50 AM
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

My internet in work is terrible so sorry if there are any mistakes with this thread!

Also there was a great discussion happening in the prev and I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm going to bring the posts over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Yeah, they've never cheated on each other. She's actually come closer than him- they weren't exclusive to the best of his knowledge at the very beginning and they'd already broken up when he met Natasha, but they WERE together the time she sorta almost hooked up with the caterer guy when she was pissed off at him in S2. I hate the idea that this is something Big deserves- his other marital sins don't automatically build up for THIS marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
I agree I get furstrated with this perception at general sites that Big treated Carrie really badly, and a lot of people seem to have the idea that he cheated on her Big's major flaw was that he wasn't ready to commit to Carrie, but then it's not like he didn't make that clear, and he never strung Carrie along. If anything Big was the one pushing Carrie for a real committment larer on when she couldn't make up her mind between him and Aidan, and begged Big not to take the step of ending things with Natasha

What makes Big and Carrie work for me is that they are so alike. Carrie may think that she wants the committed guy, but she admitted herself that whenever Aidan pushed her for committment she was acting exactly like Big, and deep down it wasn't something she wanted any more than he did.
I completely agree with this I always wondered why Carrie had strived for so much with Big and when Aidan was willing to give her everthing she was pulling away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think he gets a bad rap in the BC relationship, too. He wasn't always fully available, but he WAS always honest. He never pretended to be something he wasn't. He gave her monogamy and fidelity when she asked for it. And I think she needed the time and the evolution as much as he did, as much as she may not have felt like it at the time. They weren't meant to get married and have babies a year into their relationship. It's EVERY evolution of their relationship, as well as who they became as individuals, that makes them work so well. Big and Carrie grew together, whereas with every other guy they just grew apart.
I completely agree with this, I know Big is characterized as the 'unattainable' guy that Carrie can't pin down in the early years and by no means am I suggesting he was a saint or perfect for example when he came back from Paris with Natasha I completely lost faith in B/C I was not expecting him to return with a fiance! But he was always honest with Carrie about where he stood in terms of commitment even if it was hard to hear. And I think the time that Carrie & Big spent apart was vital for Carrie to experience other relationships/love and for Big to deal with his 2nd failed marraige but ultimately it was always going to be Carrie & Big.

Last edited by Emily; 04-14-2010 at 03:24 AM
Old 04-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt
Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Still looking for the trailers, but I DID make this animation last night, from the hottest.affair.ever.

I also made a couple icons.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

That animation is amazing
Old 04-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Master Fan

OMG that animation!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hot

And the one thing I didn't get about Big is that, after all the time being nervous about committment, why he got engaged to Natasha so fast It felt like the writers only put it there to make it harder for Carrie as part of the whole comparing yourself to women in their 20's theme they had at around that time, but did it make sense for Big's character? I never understand why he would want to marry Natasha right after he met her practically, this was a man who was so committment phobic that he didn't even want Carrie stashing her stuff in his apartment at one point cause he was so into his own space.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Love looking at the OP again... such beautiful pics!

And I LOVE your animation and C/B icons Cristofle

Anna♥Bates
Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I got the impression he got engaged to Natasha because she was a "safe" choice. One of Carrie's friends in S1 said "It's always better to marry someone who loves you more than you love them." I think he got INCREDIBLY freaked out by how serious it was getting with Carrie and went and found someone he didn't really feel that much for because he felt safer that way. As he proved about two seconds after he got married, lol, that doesn't work. He couldn't get Carrie out of his system. He tried, and he failed. I don't think Big actually knew, or accepted, before Natasha how attached he is to Carrie. While the idea of a full romantic relationship still made him skittish a couple times after the affair, he was a lot more proactive in that in staying tied to her at least in some way.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

I think you're spot on with the reason why Big married Natasha so quickly. In running away from Carrie, someone who he HAD to be with although it may have felt wrong, he ran to someone he felt he SHOULD be with. In the end he realized that you can't fight what's deep inside.

I think that's kinda like Carrie's relationship with Aidan, she always felt like she should be with him because he treated her the way she felt she deserved to be treated. The problem was that deep down she had to be with Big because he was/is "the one" for her, and her feelings for him are way stronger.

Anna♥Bates
Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, when Carrie would say something like "This is the opposite of what Big would do!" (she did that a couple times with Aidan and a LOT with the Russian), that's someone who's trying too hard. It started to seem like she was with these guys because she was getting things she really WANTED to be getting from Big, like she was focusing on what they weren't instead of who they were. And we didn't SEE Natasha and Big's relationship, but I'm guessing it went down in a fairly similar manner. She's very NOT Carrie, and that's what Big thought he needed, but it wasn't what he WANTED, and it came out all too clearly when things fell apart. Carrie said that aspect too with the Russian- every time a relationship DOES turn south for her, it's when she starts wishing all this stuff would happen with Big instead of whoever she IS with.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I be added to the list?

I love them

And this OP is gorgeous & love the title 2!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

I remember in the final episode (can't remember if it was part 1 or part 2) when Carrie was on the phone to Miranda and said something along the lines of "I just keep wondering what it would be like to be here with Big." That said it all really.

Anna♥Bates