Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforcmm
Ratings are up on the news thread

I really liked this episode and I'm glad how the writers dealed with the content.

Hmm...while I like Nate/ Courtney, I just think that the sex was too soon - through what the viewer's shown, they've only known each other a couple weeks to maybe a month - I just think that's too soon - you barely know that person.

I liked the Peter/ Bobby interaction - that peanut m&m/ deer poop line was funny I was gagging just watching it

Um, I liked the developing relationship of Katie/ Jack - I like that she's giving Jack a different image than Missy.

I think all in all that Jack's main reason why he was upset with the realization of T/G was just protecting his mom - I liked how you got his original option, then realizing he may have been too harsh, told his mom his second or adapted opinion.

I was kind of confused with the future scenes - Bobby was shot, but it wasn't a gun that was included in the gun bill? Someone help! Thanks
Bobby was shot with a gun that shocks you with electricity instead of a bullet and instead of killing you it knocks you out for like an hour. That sounds cool by the way. The bill Bobby vetoed was to outlaw real guns with bullets and the lady that shot him was trying to prove a point that they were safer. Anywho first off I can't believe Nate and Courtney had sex! "I can pull it out" famous last words! I didn't really mind Katie at first but I really don't like that she's getting Jack into all that crap he doesn't need it. God I couldn't stop laughing when Tom was on the table in his briefs and Jack was standing right there too funny! I liked Peter and Bobby hanging out and the chocolate peanuts was so funny I was like eww!

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for explaining it to me - I couldn't follow it 100% when I was watching it, but it makes sense now.

I agree that I don't like Katie getting Jack involved with drugs, but I think her character is going to open up Jack's personality a lot and I think it should be interesting to see where it's led
Old 02-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

I doubt Jack would jump into doing drugs. I just can't see that. I do think Katie will loosen him up a little though, which he needs.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think Jack would do drugs due to his experiences with Grace - so I'm hoping he doesn't go down that route...I agree that Katie will allow Jack to be more loose
Old 02-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I know most of you are aware of this site, but if you're not, be sure to check out one of the WB's affiliate sites so that you can read an episode guide if you missed a portion of the episode - it makes everything a lot clearer
Old 02-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Chrissy!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Total Fan

Ok so I finally got to watch this episode tonight. I felt so bad for Bobby when he couldn't shoot the deer and put it out of its misery. It was nice for Peter to tell him that it was ok. Grace was right, Bobby is a delicate person. Oh and I think Courtney is the stupidest person in the world!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think Peter started to understand that near the end. You could see it on his face. And I liked how he told Bobby that he wasn't dissapointed in him.

ETA: jsrocks, you should stop by the intro thread!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

jsrocks, I agree with you about Courtney's recklessness. I expected so much more from her...

Hope to see you over at the Intro thread.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, she made a bad move. And Nate just let her........
Old 02-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

You know one minute I think I have a show pegged, and then it surprises me.

Jack/Kate's relationship and Kate being a druggie kind of threw me for a loop.

And Courtney/Nate's sex scene. Just the way it was done, very untraditional. Even the way everything was worded. Like how he said, he didn't think they were going to go that far, so he wasn't prepared. Just something about that.

The reveal scene was hilarious! Wow! But, Jack's right, Grace tends to pinpoint herself as the bad guy instead of admitting her true feelings. She needs to tell Tom how she feels.

Next weeks looks ... WOW! Jack/Courtney kiss. Serves Missy right! Go back to your dumb football jock boyfriend, you twit.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
The reveal scene was hilarious! Wow! But, Jack's right, Grace tends to pinpoint herself as the bad guy instead of admitting her true feelings. She needs to tell Tom how she feels.
Yup!
Old 02-16-2005, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

I finally saw the episode last night! The Tom/Grace was hilarious and then horrifying. I need to watch it again as my housemate was asleep next door and I didn't have it on too loud, so I missed some key dialogue.

I've started to notice that the academic stuff Tom and Grace discuss is almost always something I'm doing! Postmodernism, Marxism, structuralism ... and in that ep, Lacan!

Dude, why can't I have a teacher like Tom?
Old 02-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I've started to notice that the academic stuff Tom and Grace discuss is almost always something I'm doing! Postmodernism, Marxism, structuralism ... and in that ep, Lacan!

Dude, why can't I have a teacher like Tom?
I related to the Lacan mention too, because I had to study him for a film theory class last Spring. I was like, "Ooh, I know what he's talking about."

I too wish I had a teacher like Tom...

About having to watch it with the sound down...This whole episode was whispery ( ) to me, except for Jack yelling of course, so I totally understand having to watch it again. And again, and again...
Old 02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

.....and again, and again. And maybe again, because a certain yummy male looks without pants.