Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Marisol and Drew's dynamic with Katie in tonights eppy.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So in the next episode, she's got her plot with Tori. I'm looking forward to seeing her away from Katie and not into another romantic thing, even if I have a feeling that audience may still have the same reaction to her that her last couple appearances generated.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Passionate Fan

It should be an interesting episode.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Addicted Fan

God, I love her so much more than I already did after last night's episode. Every scene she was in was the greatest. All the interactions with Mo (obviously ), the conversation with Drew, the phone call to Katie, the speech about love, the rap... OMG! Marisol > everyone else.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

^ Totally agree!

I also got to say Shanice's easy chemistry with everyone is quite appealing. She's a far better actress than this material is showing us. I hope that next season she pushes Katie right out of the spotlight. I mean um...
Old 04-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Passionate Fan

^ She could. I mean, she and Bianca were easily the highlights of Nowhere to Run.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Marisol becomes a better character when she's away from Katie. Hell, I like her friendship with Drew far more than I likes a single interaction she had had with Katie. If there's one thing I'm going to miss about Krew is Drew's bickering friendship with Marisol, they have a very sister-brother like dynamic (complete with the teasing and insulting) and I like that he encouraged her to give Mo a chance (I should probably propose Drew becoming a honorary shipper in the Mo/Marisol thread if we ever decide to make that list)
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I thought it was interesting the way they had Marisol deal with Katie's OD and her being sent to rehab. Or rather, I thought it was interesting the way they showcased Marisol acting withdrawn and distant from Mo (and probably the rest of the school). I do hope that we see more from her point of view.

Do you think we might get a bigger Marisol plot in S12?

Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Addicted Fan

The Mo/Marisol shipper side of me had a slightly hard time with that because I was like "MARISOL WHY ARE YOU IGNORING HIM THIS IS BREAKING MY HEART" but in retrospect I appreciate it from a storytelling perspective. Plus I'm amazed that the writers finally figured out how to show instead of tell. It's like they took a class or something. But seriously, this subtle approach was much more powerful than if we had seen whatever conversation took place between Katie and Marisol, and Marisol's reaction, and then Marisol telling Mo exactly why she was upset.

Anyway, I liked seeing Marisol in a leadership capacity. There should be a storyline in season 12 about her post-graduation plans. I think the show could go a really interesting route and show us a completely new side to her, much like they did with Anya earlier this season.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
But seriously, this subtle approach was much more powerful than if we had seen whatever conversation took place between Katie and Marisol, and Marisol's reaction, and then Marisol telling Mo exactly why she was upset.
Good point, and I agree that the way they did it probably did make it much more powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Anyway, I liked seeing Marisol in a leadership capacity. There should be a storyline in season 12 about her post-graduation plans. I think the show could go a really interesting route and show us a completely new side to her, much like they did with Anya earlier this season.
There should be a storyline like that with all of the Grade 12 kids. It's like it should be in big red letters on their story board- a list of all those kids and their post grad plans. We should hear about every last one of them. Including Marisol.

Speaking of Marisol? This little battle she has going on with Fiona? Even with what she did earlier in the season, I'm still totally Team Marisol.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
There should be a storyline like that with all of the Grade 12 kids. It's like it should be in big red letters on their story board- a list of all those kids and their post grad plans. We should hear about every last one of them. Including Marisol.

Speaking of Marisol? This little battle she has going on with Fiona? Even with what she did earlier in the season, I'm still totally Team Marisol.
Yes! I second that suggestion for the writers brainstorming sessions. Too bad we don't have Ms. Sauve anymore...I remember with Sav, Anya, etc's class they had each character meet with her individually to discuss plans their 11th (?) grade year. If that's too hard to show they can just do what my ****ty counselors did and gather everyone up and go around the room and tell what your plans are. A student always ends up feeling alienated or inferior. (I wish they would have done this with Anya and drove her even more self-destructive when she felt she didn't measure up.)

I have to admit I'm team Marisol as well. I don't like what Marisol did but I still don't like seeing Fiona holding a grudge (although she's not being that vengeful so that's a plus) and not attempting to see things from Marisol and Katie's view. They had more to lose by admitting what they did...it's the sad hard truth of our social structure and what we have to do to keep our rank. And it's not like it was just Marisol, Katie, Fiona, and Imogen. The entire senior class was involved and they didn't step up either. But I don't know...the whole thing just seems kind of petty. But maybe that's appropriate for their age? I still struggle with that because for some reason the whole "OMG suspension! Our lives are over Imogen and then we recovered and we've been through so much together" reminds me of the time my 8th grade boyfriend was threatened with it because he brought a water gun to school and I thought this was the biggest deal ever. I've also done my share of in school suspension (enjoyed it more than being in class) and it's so not that dramatic. Well there was that whole the staff thinking that my friend and I were some kind of Thelma and Louise while we skipped out...what am I talking about now? School prank. You took the fall. Who cares.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
School prank. You took the fall. Who cares.
I hate to do this but how well does my new signature relate to this discussion?! haha.

I'm Team Marisol too. This feud is ridiculous, and most of the time it seems pretty one-sided. Imogen and Fiona are oh so concerned about getting "even" with Marisol, and meanwhile Marisol has far more important things on her mind. She's just trying to survive now that she suddenly has to fill Katie's shoes. Besides, everything she said about Fiona using her money to solve problems is true.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

I like the Marisol/Fiona interaction we got tonight. They would actually make a good team. Maybe with all that Katie's dealing with we'll see less of a school gov presence on her end and more of a Marisol/Fiona team up instead.

I also really appreciated Marisol's sense of realism in this episode. Maybe it's because she is a realistic character or maybe it's because Marisol does seem to work at what she does. Sure she hasn't been the best vice president but she gets the idea that Degrassi is a school and they can only do so much at a time. I keep going back to the fact that Marisol does have a job. She probably understands that you can't throw money around more than anyone. I also go back to her plot with Tori and how upset she was Tori was late. She wasn't going to let Tori get away with half assing it.

I admire that honestly. It's nice that we have someone who wants to hold people accountable even if she herself has made some sketchy moves.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Somebody had to be grounded. Fiona sure wasn't with her spending $11,000 on a two-hour school event, and even if that didn't come up, at least we had Marisol getting in her grill about the money- like a good interim student council president should.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Our HBIC is front and center where she belongs!

I take this as a good sign for Marisol's role in season 12. Maybe I'm wrong, but usually these cast photos put the "main" character in front of the others. I remember season 7 showed Darcy in front, season 8 showed Mia, etc. Season 12 will be the season of Marisol!
Reply   Post New Thread