Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
And the Canadian Screen Awards released their nominations on Monday, with Degrassi getting five nominations:
And Degrassi cleaned up, winning in every category, with Dylan winning Best Performance. Congrats to the show and Dylan, Stefan & Ramona.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis At Large on YouTube
Take a break from class at Degrassi and grab a seat at the table. Join Lindsay Lewis as he talks to Dalmar Abuzeif, Paula Brancati & Raymond Ablack.
I haven't watched this yet but thought I would drop it off. I'm assuming it was filmed recently? It was published on Feb 7, 2014.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not exactly sure what this means, but DHX Media bought Epitome.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm guessing the show will end up on Family Channel in Canada at some point. That's my first takeaway from that article. The rest? That's above my pay grade.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Another article about this: 'Degrassi' Producer Epitome Pictures Bought by DHX Media - The Hollywood Reporter. My first fear was that Linda and Stephen are retiring but that doesn't seem to be the case. I wonder if the episode content will shift at all. I'm not familiar with the Family Channel.

I'm cleaning out my google alerts and got a review of Accidents Will Happen from the AV Club so I'm dropping it off here to read later. Check it out if you like that site: A Very Special Episode of Degrassi tackles abortion · TV Roundtable · The A.V. Club
Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hypnotize will air in a couple weeks, but it must be pretty good since it's one of two Degrassi episodes to receive Directors Guild of Canada nominations today

Quote:
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – FAMILY

Degrassi; Better Man

Degrassi; Hypnotize

Heartland; Darkness and Light

Heartland; The Penny Drops

BTW, Dawn Wilkinson directed Better Man and although it's not completely confirmed yet, it's assumed that Phil Earnshaw directed Hypnotize since he did direct How Bizarre, the first episode of this current block in which Hypnotize is the final one.

Congrats to all involved.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Degrassi gets another Emmy nod this year

Quote:
Outstanding Children's Program - 2014

Degrassi
Nickelodeon

Linda Schuyler, Executive Producer
Stephen Stohn, Executive Producer
Sarah Glinski, Executive Producer
Matt Huether, Co-Executive Producer
Stephanie Williams, Supervising Producer
Stefan Brogren, Producer
David Lowe, Producer
Nominees/Winners | Television Academy
Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Congrats to the Degrassi crew!

Have fun on your trip to LA to watch Linda Ellerbee give her acceptance speech.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Congrats to Degrassi on the Emmy nom!

The Degrassi finale on July 29th will be celebrated with a live party in Toronto:

Quote:
The season finale of ‘Degrassi‘ is Tuesday, July 29 and we want to party with you! MTV will be screening the final two episodes of Season 13 in our parking lot at 299 Queen Street West in Toronto and we want the biggest Degrassi fans (aka YOU) to be here!

The fun starts at 7pm with plenty of cast photo sessions & free treats, and goes ‘til 10pm. If you’re 14 or older and can make it here on Tuesday, July 29 then we want to see you! This event is free and open to the public (first come, first served.)

Click on ‘Get Tickets’ in the menu above to RSVP!

Here are some important details to remember:

- MTV is located at 299 Queen St. West, Toronto, ON.

- This event is first come, first served. If you’re bringing friends, they should RSVP as well – it helps give us a better idea of how many people to expect.

- The parking lot opens to the public at 7pm. Fans may begin lining up at the south-west corner of Queen and Duncan Street no earlier than 12pm.

- The event is happening outside and we want you to be comfy for the big premiere. You’re welcome to bring snacks, a blanket, small folding chair and umbrella. Don’t forget water and sunscreen!

- Smile! We’ll be taking photos that will be uploaded to our Facebook immediately after the event.

- This event is subject to change based on the weather. For the latest updates, follow @MTVCanada and @Degrassi on Twitter.

- Don’t forget! If you’re not able to make it to the event, you can watch the ‘Degrassi‘ season finale Tuesday, July 29 at 9e/6p.
source: Celebrate the Degrassi finale in Toronto | MTV News

In other news...After Degrassi has been cancelled.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

In we knew this day was (eventually) coming news, last Friday was the final day on set for a number of seniors and a number of actors ( including Luke, Jessica, AJ, Melinda, Cristine & Aislinn) tweeted goodbye tweets. I posed links to them in spoilers but I'm too lazy to bring them over.

The show is now in a filming hiatus, and we now know why, as Epitome is doing another series called Open Heart, now filming through October.

Karis Cameron plays Dylan, the lead character. Among the other actors are three familiar names.

Quote:
Justin Kelly (Degrassi, Lost Girl, Latest Buzz) as Wes Silver, the cool and playful charmer, with a smart mouth that gets him out of trouble just as often as it gets him into it
Quote:
Cristine Prosperi (Degrassi, Nicky Deuce) as Mikayla Walker, the bright and bubbly ally to Dylan who distracts herself with all the hospital's social drama
Quote:
Dylan Everett (Degrassi, Wingin' It, The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story) as Teddy, Dylan's old friend - a bored rich kid and a very bad influence.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oh that's interesting! I remember when Epitome was working on another series set with teens working in a hospital. I was always disappointed that got passed up. This sounds interesting since it is a mystery. But you know what they needed with some Justin Kelly? Some Chloe Rose.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually really excited for that show. It reminds me of a more teenage Grey's Anatomy.

Here's to hoping they take a more mature stance on it. If anyone here has seen Shameless (US), that's kinda what I'm looking for. When they call Dylan Everett's character a "bad influence," I hope they're not just talking about a stereotypical drug dealer.

I guess my hopes are too high, though. Still, it's pretty exciting, and it's something that I think can be very successful.

EDIT: Should someone start a thread specifically for discussion of Open Heart so it doesn't end up cluttering this thread?
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it's going to be very mature if it's airing on YTV... but still I'm happy they are trying something new. Maybe this is a re-worked version of the hospital show they were working on before?
Old 08-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman129 (View Post)
EDIT: Should someone start a thread specifically for discussion of Open Heart so it doesn't end up cluttering this thread?
Hmmm...I'll let my co-mod weigh in on that decision but it might be a good idea to start one when the show premieres so the thread doesn't get lost?

But we are getting more news in for it. Stohn posted some official links today:
https://www.facebook.com/openhearttv
https://twitter.com/Openhearttv
http://openhearttv.tumblr.com

Which are pretty bare. But at least we have them to check up on.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I don't think this is correct, it links me to some dude in Texas :|
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread