Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2020, 09:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Degrassi 212 & 213 "White Wedding" - Episode Discussion

White Wedding
Emma Nelson is revealing in her newest job as her mom's maid of honour and planner extraordinaire! Her mom, Spike, is marrying her high-school crush, Snake - who also just happens to be Emma's favourite teacher.
Joey and Caitlin, who arrive to celebrate the occasion, can’t help feeling nostalgic about their own plans to marry so long ago.
With just hours to go before the big ceremony, everything suddenly starts going wrong... Hoping desperately to keep things on track, Emma meddles where she shouldn’t.
Not before long, everyone starts wondering if Spike and Snake will even make it to the altar... Despondent at her own part in the fiasco, Emma finds herself turning to the unlikeliest person - her ex-boyfriend Sean - for support.
Will it be a happy day after all? For JT and Toby? Fancy? Caitlin and Joey? Spike and Snake? Or Emma herself? #Degrassi?
Old 09-10-2020, 09:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I went through both versions at the same time to check what's different.

Credits, the single version is listed as "A Degrassi Special, White Wedding" which appears at the start of the episode and skips the theme song completely.
The split version says White Wedding part one after the theme song. Credited Cast featured display on screen differently.

Exclusive to the split version, after Manny gives the wedding invitation to Sean she looks back and skips merrily through the hallway.
That scene is cut short in the special version.

Exclusive to the special version, Extended stripper scene.

Exclusive to the special version, two bits from the stag party involving Joey's friend Dean played by Dean Blundell are cut from the split version.
Nothing important, just 1 or 2 lines of dialogue from this special guest.

Exclusive to the special version, Joey & Caitlin at the wedding reminisce and take photos together with Angie and Craig.

The scenes where JT & Toby show up to Stag Night and the scene with Caitlin,Lucy,Spike at the Mariachi bar are switched around.
Both scenes are in both versions, just in a different chronological order.

Also the aspect ratio is off in the split version. It's stretched a bit wide and crops from the sides. For example you can compare this freeze frame.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Damn, you're going all in on cataloging the differences in the various versions of episodes. Nice work!

As for these episodes, Manny totally owns them.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for posting this Benji! It is a little spooky because I was close to opening one for this episode. Here's my contributions.

Benji listed this moment as exclusive to the special:

Old 09-14-2020, 06:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

this was a good episode.
semmafightsellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
jaitliin
Remember when Joey & Caitlin were finally the least dramatic characters in the TNG Snake and Spike wedding episode? Same. Very rare.
I love the moment when Caitlin is tapping her fingers on Joey's bald head. That had to be a break in character. Also "don't kick the car."