Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Weekly Discussion #1 Alternative Ending

Firstly apologies, I was supposed to create this thread last week, but life got in the way (and my rubbish memory)

Anyways, I figured that even though Alias is over we'd still keep the weekly discussions going.

First up, altenative ending (of Alias) If you were in control of the wonderful world of Alias, would you change anything to how Alias ended, what issues would you have liked to be answered, what would you have Vaughn do, and of the answers that were not resolved how would you resolved them?

I liked that S/V got their happy ending, although even if I haven't seen it I kinda don't like the fact that they had a happy ending that makes no sense. In a way it scares me that they got what a happy ending, coz everytime something good happened for them, something came along *coughLaurencough* and ruined it.

As for Vaughn, I would've have liked him to be bad, or like a Vaughn clone who was bad, that way we got to see Vaughn throughout S5 and would've gotten the good guy back at the end
Old 06-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Alias -- the alternative as according to Kristin :

1. Vaughn would never married Lauren
2. More shirtless Vaughn scenes (This is sort of unconventional, but I really like him lean and without muscles. I'm not into big biceps and muscles!)
3. No killing off Vaughn just to shock fans
4. While Syd was missing in Hong Kong, Vaughn breaks all protocols in his search to find her, and we will get to see bad boy Vaughn in actions. Lots of fights between him and Sark
5. Vaughn rescues Syd in Hong Kong
6. Vaughn and Syd have mad love after her rescue (more shirtless Vaughn, hehe)
7. Vaughn and Syd together at the end, but he would be the one to sacrifice his life to save Syd, his daughter, and Jack I know it would definitely be a sad ending, but it would let Vaughn go with a bang. His character would be well remember, and he would live up to being the heroic, selfless Vaughn that we were introduced to in Season 1 and 2.

I think the season finale undermines his presence. He really did not have much to do at all. Eventhough, it was happy and all, Vaughn lacks significant, and to me --that's so lame.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

I'm deffinatley for more shirless scenes we got the short end of that deal and not enough scenes with the tattoo, ok so there was the S4 premiere with th boxing but still..

More fights with Sark love them too..Vaughn needed to beat him up for kissing Syd (ok she kissed him but he suggested it)

I wish jack had told Vaughn Syd was still alive..that way he would've gone off to find her, and of course as you rightly said their reunion would be met with lots of lovin' and shirtless scenes

Ooh a sad ending, I've never actually thought about that. I see what you mean, it would deffinately give us the Vaughn we met in S1 and 2, if Vaughn was present more during S5 with Syd's pregnancy then I think that would have been a great ending.

I think Vaughn should have been Rambaldi
Old 06-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandine
I think Vaughn should have been Rambaldi
Haha, that would be funny
Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

But serioulsy freaky all those times Vaughn was helping Syd it was coz he was Rambaldi although it would explain a lot of things! Like knowing that climbing Mt. Subasio (sp?) so that the FBI would couldn't say she was the Passage, knowing Syd was at the train station, and of course he could set his heart by his father's watch, if Rambaldi could write the 1's and 0's (computer thingy) before computer's were invented, imagine what his father could do

Ooh I just realised, I would sooo have loved to see an Alias episode as a musical I loved the Buffy one and I say that all tv programmes should have a musical episode
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

I know they get their happy ending but I'm not really satisfied with what they given us, I wanted another spysex scene at least, that way we gets to see shirtless Vaughn and maybe glimpse of his blue boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtomato
4. While Syd was missing in Hong Kong, Vaughn breaks all protocols in his search to find her, and we will get to see bad boy Vaughn in actions.
I love this one, this set up the whole different story for Vaughn and bad boy Vaughn in action is always fun to watch I still can't forgive Vaughn for marrying Lauren. I can't believe he move on so fast, I expected him to go all crazy about it and it would take a lot longer than two years to get over her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandine
Ooh I just realised, I would sooo have loved to see an Alias episode as a musical I loved the Buffy one and I say that all tv programmes should have a musical episode
That would be awesome, I remebered we talk about this before, we all wanted the 100th episodes to be musical but that didn't happend.

Vaughn is Rambaldi, that's kindna freaky, he gonna be like this really really old man
Old 06-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThUyN19
I know they get their happy ending but I'm not really satisfied with what they given us, I wanted another spysex scene at least, that way we gets to see shirtless Vaughn and maybe glimpse of his blue boxer
We didn't get enough of the BB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThUyN19
I love this one, this set up the whole different story for Vaughn and bad boy Vaughn in action is always fun to watch I still can't forgive Vaughn for marrying Lauren. I can't believe he move on so fast, I expected him to go all crazy about it and it would take a lot longer than two years to get over her.
The thing with this is that Syd was engaged to Danny but moved on pretty easily, ok so her relationship with Vaughn isn't the same, but still she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Danny, she did tell him that she worked for SD-6, she did love him. And with Vaughn, they had only been dating for a couple of months or so, ok they did spend half a season pining over one another but it's not the same. And if you look at their relationship as being wow and just wow then Vaughn's life would've (did) fall appart when Syd 'died' so Lauren coming along probably wasnt what he wanted but it was probs what a lot of people would be telling him is the right thing to do. Also you could look at Laughn as being Vaughn's way of saying, there will be no one better than Syd...But then I totally get what you mean
Old 06-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Yeah she did move on pretty fast after Danny died but I can't compare Danny and Vaughn, I always though she love Vaughn more than Danny. I agree with you about people probably telling him to marry Lauren but marrying Lauren as a way to get over Syd, not very good way to deal with a problem. Another thing that bother me so much is that when Vaughn first saw Syd in Hong Kong, he didn't looks surprise or happy when he saw Syd at all, his expression is just so cold. I guess that because he probably regreting marry Lauren at the moment that he heard Syd still alive. I believe that he does love Lauren at some point but that is no way compare to the way he loves Syd.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

I think it must be pretty hard to find out the women you loved, whom you thought was dead isn't really, and you went and got yourself married to another women! Plus he was probably kinda hoping that it wasn't really Syd, I know that's weird but having her back when he had grieved and 'moved on' it cant be easy..

Okie well seeing as it's been waaaaay more than a week (apologies, my fault) de-topping this thread, but shall remain open and discussion can still continue