Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Jolene #1

Mulroney, Sutherland on "Jolene" trek

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Dermot Mulroney, Donald Sutherland, Michael Vartan and Denise Richards have joined the cast of "Jolene," the first indie film based on a story by E.L. Doctorow.

The project centers on a red-haired heroine (newcomer Jessica Chastain) whose cross-country adventures beginning at age 15 are tracked over the course of a decade. Chastain most recently starred opposite Al Pacino in the title role in the Los Angeles stage production of "Salome."

The project is based on Doctorow's tale "Jolene: A Life," from the 2004 collection "Sweet Land Stories." Adaptations of his novels include the studio features "Welcome to Hard Times," "Ragtime," "Daniel" and "Billy Bathgate."

Dan Ireland ("Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont") is shooting the film in Arizona.

Mulroney plays Uncle Phil, a devilish Southerner who captures the heart of the teenage Jolene, stealing her away from her husband, who is his nephew. Mulroney appears in the upcoming films "Zodiac" and "Georgia Rule."

Sutherland is taking on the role of Sal, an ex-mobster in Las Vegas. His recent credits include the indie horror film "An American Haunting" and the ABC series "Commander in Chief."

Vartan plays Brad, a rich fundamentalist from Texas who marries Jolene. He next appears in the horror-thriller "Rogue." Richards has the role of Marin, who shows up to reclaim her two-timing husband, who is married to Jolene. She recently appeared in the indie feature "Edmond."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Jolene is a short story by E.L. Doctorow published with other short stories under the title "Sweet Land Stories".
Old 10-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so glad to read of more movie project for Michael. We need to see him more on the big screen!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread ! That article is really interesting.

I'm really excited that he's doing another movie. I hope we get more info on it soon !

Last edited by -CherryPixie-; 10-17-2006 at 04:53 AM
Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread

It's great to hear we'll be seeing Vartan in yet another movie project And the plot sounds really interesting. Can't wait to hear more about it.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandine (View Post)
Thanks for starting the thread

It's great to hear we'll be seeing Vartan in yet another movie project And the plot sounds really interesting. Can't wait to hear more about it.
Hey guys, I read that the character he will be playing is quite nasty I don't know what to think It's great to see him playing a baddie as it would be a different role for him, but I love it when he's all cute and sweet
Old 10-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Ohh, Mike playing a bad@ss! I can't wait to see that, I don't think we've ever really seen that side of him before so it should be interesting

Old 10-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Ooh Vartan as the baddie, I like that! It's going to be a big change from lovable Vaughn, Kevin (MiL) and Sam (NBK), can't wait!

Although, he was an idiot in the Next Best Thing, but hopefully Jolene will be much better.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtomato (View Post)
Hey guys, I read that the character he will be playing is quite nasty I don't know what to think It's great to see him playing a baddie as it would be a different role for him, but I love it when he's all cute and sweet
I like the sound of Michael being a baddie. We never seen him like one before and be interesting to see how he pulls it off. I'm very sure he will do brilliant at playing a baddie.

I'm happy Michael is doing another movie!