Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Fashionable or Faux Pas?

Is anybody into fashion as much as I am? I think one of my favorite aspects of Hollywood is to see what all the celebs are wearing. I don't watch the Oscars or other award shows to see who wins. Nope, I watch to see what they are all wearing. Sometimes, I'm in love with the choices and sometimes I'm scratching my head as to how could they could go out in public like that?!

What I thought we could do with this thread is post pics of Mandy and critique what she's wearing. I think Mandy is very stylish and I have really just adored some of the outfits she's worn. But Mandy isn't perfect and there's been some choices style-wise I haven't agreed with.

So, I don't have any pics to share at the moment. Somebody else will have to post a pic to get us started.

This is meant as a fun thread. I'm curious as to how fashion- conscious we are...
Old 07-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

OMG thats a great idea! I fashion so this outta be fun! I was thinking that we could also rate the outfit as a whole after giving a critique (out of 5 stars).

I'll start out with this outfit:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...e=post&id=4784

The skirt is great - I really love the color and the design. I love the top, but I don't think it matches her skirt. I think she could do without the hat, I don't think it matches her outfit at all.

Overall Rating:
TC Fan #1 ~ BSBer #2 ~ Lifer #3

Last edited by TakeMeAway; 07-30-2004 at 11:50 AM
Old 07-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Woo hoo, thanks for starting us off, Sam!

Okay, I really like the outfit. I don't LOVE it, but I'd definitely wear it. But you are so right about that hat. It just does not go with what she's wearing. I agree about the shirt not really matching the skirt either. I do like that brown color though. I just love skirts!

I agreew with your rating: 2 stars out of 5.

Okay, gonna go hunt for another pic to critque....
Old 07-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Loyal Fan

If you can't find one I can post another one, I have tons more pics that we could critique
Old 07-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Sam-please go ahead and post another one. I can't find any!

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Loyal Fan

No problem Ok here's another one:

My opinion on this dress is mixed. I hate the way it's designed but I LOVE the color. It looks like a piece of cloth that someone just drapped around her and it doesn't really fit around her body. I think it'd be prettier if it was designed differently.

Overall Rating: 1/2
Old 07-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

My opinion on the green dress..

I dont like this dress at all! Reason why..

1. I dont really like the color/texture of the dress, it reminds me of a candy wrapper.

2. I hate the way this dress was designed, it looks like a toga - the dress goes from her neck to her feet, only showing her arms. Mandy has a great body, but you wouldn't be able to tell that under all the green fabric. It doesn't have any shape what so ever.

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 07-31-2004, 12:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Yah, that dress is like it's St. Patrick's day and the leprachauns are comin into town. It's not a favorite.

I'm hittin that w/ a...

Overall Rating: 1/3 Can I do that??
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
Old 07-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Ugh, the green dress. Hated this dress. I know Mandy was a big fan, but I thought it wrapped around her body awkwardly. The shade of green was a pretty color.

Old 07-31-2004, 06:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Whoa what is that nightmare of a dress?!

Fist of all, I'd never wear that. Secondly, while the color is pretty, it's not the best shade of green I've seen. I don't like the style either. Like somebody said earlier, it does seem to fit her like a toga. Definitely not one of her best moments in the fashion dept.

Mandy, what were you thinking?!

1 star out of 5

Thanks, Sam, for finding the pics. Keep em' coming, please!
Old 07-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Will do

One word: flawless! The dress is beautiful, and Mandy looks gorgeous in it. It's glamorous yet not over the top. I really love her hair too (wish my hair could look like that lol)

Overall Rating:

Just to clear things up: You don't have to give every outfit a star if you don't think it deserves it but I'm assuming that the outfit would have to be really horrible not to give it any stars and you can give 1/2 a star, 1/3 a star, whatever lol.

Last edited by TakeMeAway; 07-31-2004 at 05:18 PM
Old 07-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay. I this whole ensemble right down to those adorable shoes. It's a fun dress and it's not too revealing. It's perfectly Mandy.

5 stars!!
Old 07-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I LOVE this dress! It's simple yet elegant. Cute shoes too!

Overall Rating:

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 08-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Sam- Got any more pics we can critique? Please post them or tell me a good site to find pics. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok here's another one. Sorry about the wait, I wasn't sure if I should wait for more people to comment on the last dress or not, but I'll go ahead with the next one since no one else has commented on it

I think this dress looks really pretty on Mandy. I love the color and the designs, it really stands out. The only thing that I would say that needs to be changed is her hair, I think it's too much. I like the curls, but I think the stylist went a little overboard lol.

btw - I went on yahoo and searched 'Mandy Moore Fashion' and found tons of results, so you might wanna try that if you're interested in posting more pics EOnline had some pretty good pics but the site hasn't been working for me lately...

Last edited by TakeMeAway; 08-08-2004 at 02:16 AM