Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2022, 10:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the Color Palettes or Coolors websites. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Kate a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Kate
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

thanks for this

So what do you all think? Are there any good Joy photoshoot that we can use that would be good it?

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

We can use the last two years of photoshoots?? I mean, we got lot of close up?? I gonna look it up on my day off which I will post on Friday..

So, what about the color?? Maybe we can know the colors that she loves?? I mean??

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
We can use the last two years of photoshoots?? I mean, we got lot of close up?? I gonna look it up on my day off which I will post on Friday..

So, what about the color?? Maybe we can know the colors that she loves?? I mean??
Which photoshoot? Hmm.... maybe color we can match with the photoshoot, or maybe colors on the red tone since Joy loves red?

Old 04-21-2022, 06:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

There is not a set limit for how old the photoshoot we use is. Our preference is more recent ones just because using older photos can make the graphic look outdated incredibly fast and we don't want that for boards. If there are no recent photoshoots we can always look at appearances for photos but photoshoots are preferred due to them being much higher quality and making for a better quality graphic too

Feel free to link any photoshoots you like and mention if you have any favourite pictures from them We can then take a look and see if the pictures are usable for graphics (remember, no black&white or pictures with the top of the head cut off)

And for colours, we can only use red in very small quantities, like on the buttons for example, because it is easily a very harsh and overpowering colour. Take a look at the websites linked in the opening posts for colour scheme ideas if you see any you like, or then we can make you one based on your suggestions or by combining a few of your favourite schemes.
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks.. Even though, I hope that I can find the high quality out there since there are better quality graphic..

Sure, I will do that as long no black/white pics..

Ahh, thanks for mention about the colours since I wasn't sure..

ETA: I found some photoshoots I really like.. So, I'm going to put it under the tag..

Spoiler:

is that what you want?

Last edited by fly me to the moon; 04-22-2022 at 03:45 PM
Old 04-22-2022, 06:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Do you have links to the full photoshoots? Or are those photos the only options?

It is also preferable that you post links to pictures, not directly post them in the threads, even if you do use spoiler tags.

Also this is a thread where you're fine to respond to yourself if you are adding in new ideas (that way you ensure everyone sees them)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

I was trying to find the other photos where she was in all red, but I couldn't find it. but I did find these which I thought might be really good?

She is in all yellow and she even has red lipstick on which is like such a typical for Joy imo. There are like 5 different photos in that photoshoot that can be used.

https://hollywoodlife.com/pics/betha...ive-portraits/

Spoiler:

https://hollywoodlife.com/pics/betha...ny-joy-lenz-3/

Last edited by JustmissRiss23_; 04-23-2022 at 07:56 AM
Old 04-23-2022, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Do you have links to the full photoshoots? Or are those photos the only options?

It is also preferable that you post links to pictures, not directly post them in the threads, even if you do use spoiler tags.

Also this is a thread where you're fine to respond to yourself if you are adding in new ideas (that way you ensure everyone sees them)
I can try to find the links, so let me check since I remember there was..

I found it!

https://www.veerah.com/blogs/pr-news...rival-magazine

is that what you want?

Old 04-23-2022, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

This photoshoot is from 2019, would these be ones you'd be interested in using?
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the link! I gonna check that out..

is that what you want?

Old 04-23-2022, 05:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
Glad you found it
Were you able to find the others? Or are they from the same shoot?

Looks like she's changed her hair colour in recent years. Would you prefer to see her as a blonde or brunette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmissRiss23_ (View Post)
She is in all yellow and she even has red lipstick on which is like such a typical for Joy imo. There are like 5 different photos in that photoshoot that can be used.
If you're interested in having red lipstick that is something we can look at editing or making stand out in whatever chosen pictures are used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmissRiss23_ (View Post)
Which photoshoot? Hmm.... maybe color we can match with the photoshoot, or maybe colors on the red tone since Joy loves red?
Keep in mind that you will mostly only see her head & a little of her shoulder. So the colouring of the photoshoot, or even what she is wearing, doesn't matter. We recommend taking a look at colour scheme ideas & finding colours you might like to see
If you are interested in red perhaps take a look through here & here to see if there's anything you like. Then we can let you know if we can make it work or if it will be too harsh (as Kate already mentioned)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2022, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

Looks like she's changed her hair colour in recent years. Would you prefer to see her as a blonde or brunette?
For me, I think I like the photoshoot of her as a brunette. But she also in the past year has switched back to her natural hair color blonde, so I am not sure, what do you all think?

Quote:
If you're interested in having red lipstick that is something we can look at editing or making stand out in whatever chosen pictures are used.

Keep in mind that you will mostly only see her head & a little of her shoulder. So the colouring of the photoshoot, or even what she is wearing, doesn't matter. We recommend taking a look at colour scheme ideas & finding colours you might like to see
If you are interested in red perhaps take a look through here & here to see if there's anything you like. Then we can let you know if we can make it work or if it will be too harsh (as Kate already mentioned)

Good to know. Thanks for posting those links. There are a few good color palettes that would look good for it. I like color palette #4360 and #4346 in this link.

https://colorpalettes.net/category/red/

These are pretty good too....

https://coolors.co/palette/fff8f0-f4...-a9423c-9e2b25

https://coolors.co/palette/ffcdb2-ffb4a2-e5989b-b5838d

https://coolors.co/palette/ef6351-f3...-fbc3bc-ffe3e0

Last edited by JustmissRiss23_; 04-24-2022 at 07:11 AM
Old 04-24-2022, 04:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's so hard when hair colour changes like that.

Some of those red shades would be quite harsh, but I'm sure we could also make them work too. Especially if we combined some of the colour schemes or added in lighter tones.

This alone has lots of colours so would be easy to use the softer colours then tiny hints of colour from the bottom row.

This one on its own would be fine as there are no harsh shades. We could possibly add in red subtly, even if it is just in the graphic, if you really wanted that colour.

This one could also work on its own. It may be a bit on the harsh side though.

#4360 looks ok on its own, but maybe with a few lighter tones it'd be less harsh.

#4346 again looks ok, but I'd be concerned on the harshness of #C84C44 & #EB8B8B so I'd add in softer tones. Combined with this one may work nicely.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2022, 05:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't want bright color since I have sensitive eyes since the last time we have that colors, it was bold and bright which I prefer not..

I like the first one and #4346..

The second one was kind of remind me of the makeup colors.. So, I prefer not this one..

I mean, why not to have combine both hair color since it seems that it was her natural hair color, but her natural hair was more darker.. So I prefer that.. Shrug..

is that what you want?

Reply   Post New Thread