Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you get started on season 9 yet?
Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lol nope. I'm doing a fellowship for college and have had to do a lot of reading so I've been focused on that. I should be able to start watching next weekend.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 08-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have seen the season finale already though but I want to watch it again before I comment.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

So I finally started S9 and Nothing Important Happened Today was really good BUT OH MY GOD THE ANXIETY. I DON’T WANNA LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE MULDER ISN’T ON THE SHOW ANYMORE. But here I am in my new reality. Like it seriously hurts that they made a whole season without David yet they mentioned Mulder every five seconds during the season premiere. And then we’re supposed to believe Scully is ultimately the reason he left. It makes sense considering she’s the only one who can convince him but I’m just not satisfied with this explanation.

So in the beginning of the episode Mulder was taking a shower in Scully’s bathroom while there were a bunch of his packed bags in the living room. Then Doggett goes to Mulder’s apartment and it’s completely empty. Either Mulder packed all his stuff and stayed with Scully for a few days before leaving or he was living with her for a brief period before she had the baby. JUST PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY.

That Brad guy with who kissed Monica reminded me of Donnie Pfaster and I wanna throw up. WHY DID HE LOOK SO FAMILIAR??? Doggett is still annoying af OMG. LEAVE SCULLY ALONE. I’m glad she kicked him out and told him not to come back. Wtf she just had a baby and he’s obsessed with some BS. Uuuugh part of me is pissed she changed her mind about the investigation. I don’t know why but I don’t want her getting involved with the x-files anymore. Like stick to being a doctor or something. I almost lost it when she wouldn’t leave the ship. She’s going to become obsessed with finding out what’s wrong with baby William.

Seeing Scully as a mom was the most beautiful thing but it kills me that she has to go through it alone. Baby William is so darn cute and is already showing his powers. AND HIS HAIR IS RED.

Let me tell you I almost cried when Monica was sitting at Mulder’s desk and she saw all the pencils in the ceiling and tried to take them down.

P.S. The new opening credits are gross and I officially wanna die.

P.P.S. Scully looks like a freaking MILF.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard about them changing the opening credits a lot for season 9 So glad they brought back the classic opening credits for the revival
Old 08-14-2020, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

The music was different too but now it’s back.

I’m glad Scully is working as a Forensic Pathology Professor now because I couldn’t bear to see her partnered with Doggett for a whole season. It’s a little annoying how Doggett and Reyes are supposed to be the new Mulder and Scully with Reyes being the believer and Doggett the skeptic. Except it just comes across as so contrived with how much Reyes is working so hard to convince Doggett. In 4-D I felt like they were drawing too many similarities between them and MSR and it bugs me so much. We had to wait SEVEN FREAKING YEARS just for MSR to kiss and already these two are some love story? They don’t have good chemistry imo. I hope they don’t try to force this romance down our throats.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Scully isn’t really working on the X-Files at all any more, right, it’s just Doggett and Reyes?
Old 08-14-2020, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

She helps them with her medical expertise and she conducts the autopsies.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course, always with the autopsies
Old 08-14-2020, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was reluctant at first but there would’ve been no other way for her to be involved otherwise. We see her in Quantico a lot as a Professor and I prefer her in this role tbh.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Favorite season 9 blooper... is it season 9? Reyes is supposed be dead, but Annabeth starts coughing and GA deadpans saying “I’m sorry, she’s gone!” Like she was supposed to say.

My favorite episode of that season was “Sunshine Days”.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Shhhhhh SPOILERS, Leanne.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It sounds like you’re enjoying season 9 more than you were expecting too?
Old 08-15-2020, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

It’s not bad actually, even Doggett is growing on me. I’m trying really hard to be ok with Mulder not being around. It’s helped that they’ve mentioned him so often already.

So this was Scully’s voiceover at the beginning of Trust No 1:

She said this while we saw flashbacks of scenes from All Things and Per Manum (I think):

“One day, you’ll ask me to speak of the truth. Of the miracle of your birth. To explain what is unexplained. And if I falter or fail on this day. Know there is an answer, my child. A sacred, imperishable truth. But one you may never hope to find alone.”

She said this as we saw flashbacks of her and Mulder from all of the seasons:

“Chance meeting your perfect other. Your perfect opposite. Your protector and endangerer. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys. A search for truths fugitive and imponderable. If one day this chance may befall you, my son. Do not fail or falter to seize it. The truths are out there. And if one day you should behold a miracle as I have in you. You will learn the truth is not found in science or on some unseen plane. But by looking into your own heart. And in that moment, you will be blessed... and stricken... for the truest truths are what hold us together or keep us painfully, desperately apart.”

PLEASE SEND AN AMBULANCE. I swear this confirms SO MUCH. I wanna die.

Mommy Scully is my favorite Scully, she’s made for this. I don’t wanna get attached to seeing her this way because I know the outcome. This is torture.

WHEN SHE OPENED THE EMAIL FROM MULDER OMG I THREW MY LAPTOP.

“Dearest Dana,

“I’ve resisted contacting you for reasons I know you continue to appreciate. But, to be honest, some unexpected dimensions of my new life are eating away at any resolve I have left. I’m lonely, Dana, uncertain of my ability to live like this. I want to come home. To you, and to William.”

BRB I CAN’T BREATHE!!!

She was crying in the middle of the coffee shop as William drank his bottle THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!! She even printed the email out and obsessively stared at it at work.

Her reply:

“I am physically shaking right now, seeing your words. Wishing it were you speaking them to me. I want so badly to see you, too, but you are still not safe here.”

I knew it was impossible that Scully would randomly meet some couple in distress. I feel so bad for her omg. Not only is she alone in all of this but apparently Mulder is the only one who can figure things out and he’s not there. I hate that they used Mulder as bait to get her to comply. Meanwhile someone is surveilling her the entire time. Does she really need all this BS considering she has a baby to take care of? This is absolutely ridiculous.

When that man told Scully all the things he knew about her I GOT CHILLS.

“I know you spend too much time alone. And I know... that on one lonely night you invited Mulder to your bed.”

Meanwhile Scully’s just crying. Like I can’t. When she said she wanted to see Mulder “so bad” OMG. Then we see her at the train station waiting for Mulder. She was so hopeful. It is really messed up what they did to her. But knowing that Mulder ultimately helped her makes me happy.

The next email:

“I hold no hope you can respond to this. Or that it reaches you. I only hope that you are alive. I cannot help believing that you jumped off that train because you knew what I now know — that these “super-soldiers,” — if that’s what they are — can in fact be destroyed. That the key to their destruction lies in the iron compound at that quarry. I am scared for you, Mulder. And for William. The forces against us are unrelenting. But so is my determination. To see you again. To regain the comfort and safety we shared for so brief a time. Until then, I remain forever yours... Dana.”

JUST END ME.