Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
Yeah I loved the final scene. "Maybe there's hope." Like you I'm choking back tears just thinking about it.
I know. I do think that part of my teary-eyed state when I watched The Truth the first time was a result of being pregnant with my first child. I forgot to mention that fact when I posted earlier. I was very emotional that spring with my two favorite shows of all time- The X-Files and Felicity- ending within weeks of each other. Being pregnant didn't help matters much.

Seriously, though, that final scene of The Truth is an honest-to-God tear jerker. Both GA and DD did such a tremendous job. You can tell how much Mulder needs her and relies on her. It's just super intense- all the love the feel for each other. It's kinda bittersweet and sad, too, since William is not with them.

Tumblr
Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah forgot to say that after it finished I went right into watching the Pilot and started watching the show from the start again just to fill the void!

Anyone else got memories to share?

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 PM
New Fan

My memories of watching "The Truth" include channel flipping, waiting forever for the Chinese food delivery man to bring dinner and being highly disappointed. I watched it with my sister and two friends (also who are non-MSR folks) so it was a sort of party, but the most exciting part of the night was when dinner was delivered. I was very thankful to turn off my TV after it had finished since I disliked it so much. I think the next day I did a mini-Doggett best episodes marathon to feel better LOL

As a fan I felt ignored by CC, it was an episode that I feel really could only be enjoyed by fans who didn't understand the mytharc and fans who only wanted to see Mulder and Scully, and them together. As a fan of the entire series, all the characters (except for two: baby William and Leyla Harrison), and especially as a fan of John Doggett, I felt completely like CC had flipped me his middle finger with the lack of closure for the Doggett character and the series mytharc in general. It felt like a boring rip-off of the "Seinfeld" series finale. It could have been better.

The only reason I would think about maybe rewatching the episode is to gawk at the hot men... Doggett, Skinner, Krycek, Knowle... and since my love for David has been renewed in the last several months I'd fast forward through the 'shippy scenes and check out Mulder (when Scully's not with him).

I wish the series finale had been worth the wait and worth my time, but it was not

~Cassie

http://www.doggettscully.com/DoggettXF11/i/400x60.jpg
www.doggettscully.com
Old 08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Wow some harsh words there Cassie. Not saying you're wrong though, just saying. What kind of closure would you have liked for Doggett?

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 AM
New Fan

William Scully Birthdate?

I don't recall if they mentioned a date in the show and since I am at work I can't check the DVDs, but does anyone here know William Scully's birthdate?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I suppose you are talking about baby William and not Scully's brother or father? I donÄt think his date of birth was ever mentioned. I checked x-files wiki and it didn't turn up there, so I guess we never got that info
William - X-Files Wiki - David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
New Fan

I didn't think so, thanks for the help. The birth year should work fine.

I do find it funny that she named him after Mulder's dad when her father and brother had the same name. Do they even mention his last name as Scully? I suppose it is, but still. One more to fact check, so off I go.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't find anything either
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

well, she gave birth to him, so i don't think any other last name would make sense...
And you're right, it's weird that they only mention Mulder's dad when practivally every male member of her family carries that name too

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

^

And it's Mulder's middle name.

It's never really known, but if you try to figure out Scully's pregnancy there's some very weird nonsensical things that come up concerning dates (like it turns out that she was pregnant for about a year instead of 9 months).
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
if you try to figure out Scully's pregnancy there's some very weird nonsensical things that come up concerning dates (like it turns out that she was pregnant for about a year instead of 9 months).
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gosh, William must have had what... 12-14 pounds?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's never really known, but if you try to figure out Scully's pregnancy there's some very weird nonsensical things that come up concerning dates (like it turns out that she was pregnant for about a year instead of 9 months).
Wow, I never really checked into it. Or into what was the exact date of William's birth.

Quote:
I do find it funny that she named him after Mulder's dad when her father and brother had the same name.
IKR? I always laugh when she says she named him after his father and yell at her that it's her dad's name too. But then I get sucked into the scene and forget.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the title
Old 07-24-2020, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s so sad.

I’m gonna start watching tomorrow.
a meaningful, sane existence