Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2021, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its crazy isn't it, Claire. We got petrol yesterday but there was loads of queues. People are stockpiling meat, its ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Meat too? It's crazy. I really hate when people panic-buy.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah here people are stocking up for christmas (who knows why!). My mum text me and said do we need any meat. I don't want to do that.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the media is making it worse, the panic buying of petrol is mostly happening because the media keeps reporting on petrol running out, so everyone is now panicking and filling up. And I’ve read many articles saying that we will supposedly be very short on turkeys this Christmas because of a lack of EU workers to process them, so likely the next thing will be more and more people stockpiling meat
Old 09-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes definitely, when people see the queues everyone rushes out because they think they should be doing so!
Old 09-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What name did you finally pick, Theresa? I’d probably pick Tigers!

Boy, at this point, I’d be so sick of panic buying. Actually, I’m kinda sick of the whole world situation with the pandemic and the vaxxed and unvaccinated wars, etc.
I think I’m checked out right now.

I hope you just get enough meat that you need for your holidays though. You don’t have to stock pile so much meat, really?

I’m enjoying my work, the last co-worker that had anxiety retired and I moved from that place so now I have no anxious or narcissstic co-workers and that really makes a nice difference.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The reason for the meat is there's a warning out that there may not be enough turkeys for Christmas. I'm not bothered: I don't like turkey. But any rumour of shortages sends people into a panic and cause the shortage they're afraid of.

I'm glad your work situation has improved, Leanne.

The media are to blame, for a lot of it I agree. It doesn't help we have a Government that is useless, though.

I hate queuing and fighting over stuff Theresa, but I guess people get carried away.

I'm exhausted today. I did not sleep well!
Old 09-27-2021, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Frontal Nerdity (View Post)
What name did you finally pick, Theresa? I’d probably pick Tigers!

Boy, at this point, I’d be so sick of panic buying. Actually, I’m kinda sick of the whole world situation with the pandemic and the vaxxed and unvaccinated wars, etc.
I think I’m checked out right now.

I hope you just get enough meat that you need for your holidays though. You don’t have to stock pile so much meat, really?

I’m enjoying my work, the last co-worker that had anxiety retired and I moved from that place so now I have no anxious or narcissstic co-workers and that really makes a nice difference.
Tigers was too generic, so I am going for Theresa's Toucans. Most of my key children weren't in today though, with a group of children we talked about farm animals and which ones swim and which ones live on land.

Like Claire I don't like turkey. Also our place is small so I doubt we're hosting christmas, the most we can do is like christmas party food I might do a small gathering closer to christmas.

I am enjoying my work too and making some new friends, which is good
Old 09-29-2021, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you get any good night since, Claire? How is the family doing lately? Are you going back to the library soon?

Theresa, do you find the new workstyle more relaxing?

I don't care for turkey much either, its my least fave meat out of the standard chicken, beef, fish or pork options!

Tomorrow we have Thursday off work cause we have a new stat holiday because of the Truth and reconciliation of Indigenous people who survived residential schools in Canada. Then after another week it will be Canadian Thanksgiving.

I love October! I get really pretty drives to work with the changing colors on trees.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My sleep is still a bit disrupted. I'm finding it hard to switch off. My family are doing well, thanks. Actually my first day back to the library will be next week. After all this time, I'm worried I'll forget!

There was a lack of chicken in the shop yesterday. I did manage to get some though. I'm seriously fed up of not being able to get what I want every week.

That sounds like a worthwhile holiday, Leanne.

Theresa's toucans sounds like a good choice to me.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope everyone had a good week
Old 10-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you should stock up the freezer with whatever meat you can find now, Claire! From news reports I read, it sounds more grim for your winter there. Is that cause of problems with Brexit and the trucks?

This is a pretty good day, work tasks are low here right now on Friday so I'm just reading mostly on the computer! I'm happy its October, I'm all ready to dive into scary things and Halloween related things.

I bet it will be great to finally be in the library again and get to associate with your co-workers and the kids there!!
Old 10-01-2021, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne: Yes the work is definitely more relaxing, it is still challenging at times with the longer hours but I am more at ease and really enjoying day to day.

Which reminds me, I booked a couple days off in Oct to visit family. First time I have been able to book off work as when I was teaching we never could do that.

It is definitely a lot colder this week but I too love autumn Leanne.

Claire: Thanks! I might be getting another key child. She belongs to my colleague but as a deputy manager she isn't in much and we have already bonded quickly so I am hoping to have her as my key child

I have been able to get the meat I needed Claire, so far, but yes if you have a freezer maybe stock up!
Old 10-01-2021, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anyone got weekend plans?
Old 10-02-2021, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I've just booked to go and see the new Bond film, it was so booked up I'm going in an hour or so! What about you, Sam?

Yes, Brexit is hitting hard now, Leanne.

So cold and wet yesterday!

That'll be nice, Theresa.