Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

What I like about Caroline is that not only is she playing someone close to her real age (24, 26), but that she actually IS a member of Gen X/Y, so the stuff she (Jaye) says doesn't feel forced or campy as it would with a slightly younger or older actor whom you know is just playing a part to some extent.

I also think the reason she took the part is that Jaye is a lot like Caroline and this can only be a good thing because it will keep Jaye's "integrity" more real and relatable as well.

I also agree that I think she has great comedic timing and while part of that is the brilliant writing, it is her as an actress that has to pull off all these jokes and witty one-liners to get the right effect... And that is something that is VERY hard to do. Comedy is not an easy genre to work in either as an actor or writer and I commend her for doing it in such a naturalistic way to where we don't view it as flat out comedy, but true Gen X/Y sarcasm and cynicism.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Addicted Fan

I like them both
cause Charoline brings Jaye to life in the greates shade of light.
also I cant see no one else playing Jaye Tyler
besides her only.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Caroline does do a great job portraying Jaye. I don't know much about her, so I don't know much about her personality. It'd be interesting to find out how she and Jaye are similar and how much of her performance comes from that.

I love Jaye too - any character who can be that snarky without being a hateful bitch is fine by me.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by the laziest little sidekick:
<STRONG>I love Jaye too - any character who can be that snarky without being a hateful bitch is fine by me.</STRONG>
I agree with that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. And any actress who can pull that off? Can't help but like her. A lot.

I was really surprised when I took a look at her IMDb page earlier and saw that she'd been in Out Cold. Of course now I'm hitting my head against the wall for not realising it straight away. Sure it wasn't the biggest of roles, but it was a miniscule one either and Out Cold is one of my favourite comedies (don't ask why though, I have no clue.. usually I go stuff like The Holy Grail and whatnot) but yeah, that movie is like my favourite of these Road Trip and American Pie etc era/type/whatever comedies.
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 04-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * espoir *:
<STRONG>I heart Jaye, and I heart Caroline twice as much. Been watching her since I was a kid - from the french shows she used to be on here. I'm so happy other people are getting to see how talented she is after all these years.

Can you spot her? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
I totally agree with you ! I'm very happy for her, and I always thought she was a great actress, and I remember that show she was on, it was called Zap, right ?! Oh my god, I was so young when I was watching that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] She was great in ''Tag'' too.

Thanks for the interview ! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I love the show and I can't wait to see the new episode tonight !

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **MaRie**:
<STRONG>I remember that show she was on, it was called Zap, right ?! Oh my god, I was so young when I was watching that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] She was great in ''Tag'' too.
</STRONG>
Yes, Zap. That was so my teenage show. Watched it when I was like 9 until it got cancelled (too soon, I might add). And yeah, she was great in Tag too. Remember the show Marilyn? I remember watching her in that first and loved her in it.

I haven't seen Nez Rouge yet but I hope to soon when it comes out on DVD - has it come out yet?

Si nous n'étions pas d'ici
Nous serions l'infini
Old 04-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

The other great thing about Caroline is that she generally seems to be completely behind this show and concept and it isn't merely just a paycheck to her (at least, this is the impression she is putting forth without knowing for sure).

I think in this day and age that this aspect will go a LONG ways with the fans as too many actors -- especially, younger actors -- Really DON'T appreciate the opportunites they've been given and just think they can walk all over the hand that feeds them (the show and the fans) and expect us to be there for them when its all over.

I don't mean to be negative, but again, aspects like these DO reflect why shows build up strong fanbases more than just the show itself being a good show.

I think the perfect example of this is what happened to most of the Roswell cast.

I know people will defend them to no end like it is their "duty", but some of them were just arrogant and spiteful towards the fans, the show and now where are they? Yeah. Nowhere and doing bit parts in direct-to-video movies (if that).

I don't see that happening to Caroline Dhavernas.

I think having grown up in the business (her father is an actor), she knows how tenative "fame" is and that is why I was pleased that she appears to geuniunely be behind the show because it is her first mainstream, leading role and if she plays her cards right... It won't be her last [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Total Fan

Just out of curiosity, are the majority of you Canadians? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon14:
<STRONG>Just out of curiosity, are the majority of you Canadians? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I was wondering that, too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'd never heard of Caroline until WF and you guys are mentioning all these shows she's been on and I have no clue what you're talking about... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited -Delilah- ]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Delilah-:
<STRONG>I was wondering that, too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'd never heard of Caroline until WF and you guys are mentioning all these shows she's been on and I have no clue what you're talking about... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I think it's time for us to form a little American corner, where we can discuss how pathetic we are with our horrible TV shows, obese population, etc.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

According to Wonderfalls Online....Caroline has two talk show appearances...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Monday April 5th on the Late Late Show with Graig Kilborn on CBS!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Friday April 9th on the Sharon Osbourne Show

Make sure to tune in! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

I think it's time for us to form a little American corner, where we can discuss how pathetic we are with our horrible TV shows, obese population, etc.</STRONG>
Those are our topics? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Wait, you're right... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited -Delilah- ]
Old 04-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Master Fan

I hereby declare that I love Canadains, 90% of the people I've ever talked to online were Canadain..:-D
Old 04-02-2004, 01:14 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Just out of curiosity, are the majority of you Canadians? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'm a Finn, so umm, yeah.. not exactly watching this on tv [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 04-02-2004, 03:27 AM
New Fan

Hey!! Some of us enjoy the obescity!! [wisely decides to stop talking now]