Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2023, 03:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the Color Palettes or Coolors websites. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Kate a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Kate
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I’ve been loving the photos he’s been doing for The Company You Keep promotion. I’ll try to find those, does anyone else have any ideas?

There is this one in this article https://people.com/tv/2023-tcas-tv-star-portraits/
Old 01-19-2023, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Customizations are always fun.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think about the possible colors, guys? Maybe something like a bit darker than the current ones?
Old 01-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Are their any colors associated with a big project of his? For example, at Phoebe's we went with greenish blue ocean/water themed colors because she played a mermaid in one of her first big roles.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-19-2023, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Yeah the new project is going with darker colors…I know sometimes darker colors could be hard unless that’s changed
Old 01-19-2023, 08:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It depends what you mean by darker & where you want dark colours. We can give boards a darker feel but we no longer do the dark boards where the background is dark & text light.

From our FAQ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Will you do dark boards?
No. The Graphics Team stopped doing dark boards a number of years ago and have worked through all boards which were dark to convert them to the lighter style which you will find all boards now have. For boards which need a darker feel to match their theme we will work with you to ensure that we can provide this still while keeping all boards with this consistent style.

Why don't you do dark/black boards anymore?
We found that many users found them to be harsh on the eyes. There were also issues for some when going between dark and light boards. In order to eliminate this issue we have been maintaining a consistent style across all boards which have light bases with dark writing.

Are there any colours we should avoid?
Any colour schemes which are bright, neon, predominately red or black, harsh, or dark. Colour schemes can have these in them and still be usable, it is only when there is a large amount of these shades that the end result will become harsh on the eyes. If you are unsure on a colour scheme please don't hesitate to check with us. This guide may also help you determine what are good and bad colours.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe if the colors are no dark but just muted? Or maybe like, he is going to play a con man in his new show. What colors do you think would suit such show? I have some colors in mind, but I don't know if you can work around them.

I don't know about Alexia, but I'm also open to suggestions.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You can go with dark or muted, these shades will simply be used in highlight areas (E.G. bars, buttons, text/links) not the base/background colours. The colours you have posted are fine, however we would need to add in some softer/paler shades.

It is up to you what theme you want to go with, however if you wish to go with colours based on a particular role please keep in mind that it will take a few months to put together the customisation & then you will have the new customisation for a few years. Would focusing on a colour scheme based on a set role feel outdated if Milo moves on to a new role in that time?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-20-2023, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I do like green, I don’t think we’ve had green on the board.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those are fine

I was also thinking of like teal
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also agree on green or teal. It's color that's friendly to the eye.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

How would you feel about some pale green/aqua tones with some of the colours in the colour scheme you posted here?

Has anyone had a chance to look for pictures?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-22-2023, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love that!

I still haven't but gonna post them here asap!
Old 01-24-2023, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

those colors sound good.

{taek su mi sun}
Reply   Post New Thread