Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Oscar Discussion Thread: Black tux, short hair and still no Oscar

I figured since the discussion is currently straddling a few threads, we may as well come together in one to talk about what's on everyone's mind right now: Johnny at the Oscars!

To kick of the 'conversation' [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'd like to present some lovely, lovely shots of JD, with Vanessa Paradis and his mother. Enjoy!

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 02-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Addicted Fan

It really sucks about the Oscars. I would be angry at them had they not given LotR a clean sweep. We can always hope for next year!

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I wouldn't say I'm upset because JD's not, and wouldn't be. He's equally chuffed that Penn won, and Penn deserves it after all these years, as much as Johnny does. If I'm being entirely honest, the reason I'd most like to have seen JD win would be to hear what he had to say. I quite enjoyed Penn's, anyway.

In fact, this Academy Awards was the most predictable I've ever seen, down to the editing and screenplay awards. City of God being shut out hurts me most, but at least The Barbarian Invasions won.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aww...am I the only one that was happy with tonight's outcome? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Besides the well-deserved LOTR sweep, I was satisfied with the winners -- they all did outstanding jobs, and they were all gracious and mature and so humble, not to mention Mr. Depp, who did the standing O.

I don't think this was the film for him to be nominated for, and not to win for either...JMO, but I think he's done better work. Don't get me wrong, Cap'n Jack is definitely my favorite of JD's many characters, but I think that his time will come for him to get another worthy nod and actually win for it. He's just that good, and it's only a matter of time. Complete faith, I have. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

And Johnny was sex tonight -- all clean-cut and tux-garbed, just like I suspected, with the ever-gorgeous Vanessa by his side. I was very pleased with it all tonight. Really. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nice eye candy, Devi. Thanks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 03-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Loyal Fan

I was actually starting to believe our guy could have a slight chance at winning. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I was very sad! Did you guys hear, when they showed the clip of him in POTC, everyone in the audience was laughing? *sigh* I am really happy for Sean, but I would have loved for the Academy to do something else different. (I'm glad for LOTR, but what about Johnny?)

Oh well, maybe someday he will be recognized. He looked absolutley gorgeous by the way... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

I think everyone expected him to be clean-shaven for the awards, since he was for the other major ones. What I didn't expect was the dyed-back and cut hair!

Any other thoughts, folks?

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited stardevi ]

Old 03-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>

I don't think this was the film for him to be nominated for, and not to win for either...JMO, but I think he's done better work. Don't get me wrong, Cap'n Jack is definitely my favorite of JD's many characters, but I think that his time will come for him to get another worthy nod and actually win for it. He's just that good, and it's only a matter of time. Complete faith, I have.

</STRONG>
It may just be my memory failing me, but werent you completely rooting for him to win the Oscar? Didnt you say he was the one deserving?

Johnny did look stunning. Although if anyone looked like sex it was Sir Ian McKellen. Damn Sir Ian makes me wish I had a schlong.

Also, did the "Johnnys Chances at Oscar" thread disappear? Or is that my memory again?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, look, they're in love!

Old 03-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spikearrin:
<STRONG>

It may just be my memory failing me, but werent you completely rooting for him to win the Oscar? Didnt you say he was the one deserving?

</STRONG>
No, it wasn't your memory, I had said that. But I retracted my statement upon reevaluation a day or so ago at another thread and went back to what I had said in the first place, just because I knew it wasn't very realistic, however wonderful in my mind. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And there was no convincing of myself to be had [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], I was just stating what I thought was gonna be the look of the night -- and what a look it was. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>And there was no convincing of myself to be had [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], I was just stating what I thought was gonna be the look of the night -- and what a look it was. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was just teasing because you said "really" at the end, which sounded like it.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

I am so patheic- I screamed at my TV when he was being interviewed! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was like "gah that man is goregous, gahhh!!" I think people think I'm nuts but alas I'm okay with that... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

spikearrin I thought we had a thread for the Oscars as well... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Did you just say "schlong"? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't think I've heard that term before! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Who is in that pic devi? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Lara: [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think I scared one of my roommates off when I went nuts, seeing him in the background of a shot. I sort of... squee-ed and pointed. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Which is nothing compared to when CTV interviewed him! I thought I was going to hide under the couch I was so excited! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Not sure why I would hide under the couch in excitement, but that's neither here nor there.

'Schlong' refers to an, ahem, *cough*, part of the male anatomy to which Sir Ian (and most females) is partial.

And that, m'dear, is Sean Penn, Academy Award winner and hopefully future Johnny Depp co-star! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Oh yeah I just said it. I blush at calling that bit of the male anatomy the proper scientific term so Ive learned the very many nicknames for it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

My personal favourite is John Thomas. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think Johnny and Sean probably have an immense respect for each other. What with being the Hollywood rebels and all.

Niena: Oh all right. I really should read all the threads more, but I just dont have the time.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by stardevi:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was just teasing because you said "really" at the end, which sounded like it.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] to me...sorry babe, I totally misunderstood. It's just been one of those days... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And spikearrin: [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I like John Thomas myself...*snicker*...anything from SITC gets my vote [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Whats SITC?

And oi, feel free to give me a nickname of your choice. spikearrin is a handfull to type. Most people call me Amaria, if that helps.