Old 02-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Johnny's Upcoming Projects #1 - We can't wait to see more of him

The Thread for Upcoming Projects...

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (2005) (announced) .... Captain Jack Sparrow

Rum Diary, The (2004) (announced) .... Paul Kemp

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) (pre-production) .... Willy Wonka

Libertine, The (2004) (pre-production) .... Rochester

Ils se marirent et eurent beaucoup d'enfants (2004) (post-production)

J.M. Barrie's Neverland (2004) .... J.M. Barrie
Secret Window (2004) .... Mort Rainey
Old 02-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Personally, I'm excited to see him in both Secret Window and J.M. Barrie's Neverland. He's terribly talented and I'd love to see what he does with the roles, especially portraying Barrie -- so curious on that one, being the hardcore PP fan that I am... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is also an interesting possibility -- Johnny is the Character Chameleon for a reason, no? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'd see him in anything just to see him, for the most part, so I'm happy. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-23-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait for J.M. Barrie's Neverland!! I want to watch that...looks like a kind of drama, but I could be wrong!! I can't wait...secret window, I've got no idea how anxious I am for that, but I'm watching it offically.
I want to see him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, he's going to make one hott Charlie...and it's a movie you can take your little sisters or brother, or sons or daughter while you drool over him...lol

"My junk is you."
Old 02-24-2004, 06:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StarliteParadise:
<STRONG>I want to see him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, he's going to make one hott Charlie...and it's a movie you can take your little sisters or brother, or sons or daughter while you drool over him...lol</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] yeah!! lol! I'm laughing at the thought of him in his character, kind of a mix of seriousness combined with Jack Sparrow as Willy Wonka!

I first read this in Empire magazine that he was going to do this film, back then i was just a rumour, but i am so happy its true! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Does anyone else get Empire?

I'll find the article online sometime if ya like [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
NEWS: 04/12/2003 Willy Wonka Weirded Me Out

Now Tim Burton has plans to set that right
Along with indigestion and festive fatigue, no Christmas celebration is complete without one showing of Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. And naturally enough film fans the world over rejoiced to hear that bonkers director Tim Burton would be bringing his own inimitable style to the Roald Dahl tale in a new movie.

But it seems that Burton wasn't all that big a fan of the original film. Talking to the Chicago Sun Times, the director pulls no punches when it comes to critiquing the 1971 version. 'Well, I don't want to crush people's childhood dreams, but the original film is sappy,' says Burton. 'It's sappy when it shouldn't be sappy and it's weird. Let's just say it's not one of my personal favorites. I'd rate Chitty Chitty Bang Bang much higher.'

That said, Burton admits he's been dying to have his way with Wonka for years. 'I responded to the children's book [Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory] because it respected that children can be adults, and I think adults forget that. There can be darkness and sort of foreboding. Very sinister things are very much a part of childhood. I like that sort of humor and emotion put together.'
Quote:
Empire's View: Burton? Depp? Dahl? We cannot imagine a better director, or a better star, for one of the finest children's books of the last century. Between Burton's visual style and Depp's uncanny knack with barmy characters, we're sold. Were they to build the sets out of sticky-back plastic and egg cartons and use cardboard cut outs for the rest of the cast, we'd still be looking forward to this one.
I said i'd find something from Empire on CATCF so i did lol
Old 02-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StarliteParadise:
<STRONG>I can't wait for J.M. Barrie's Neverland!! </STRONG>
Me too. Especially since I'm a bit of a J.M Barrie fan. I'm a big fan of the Peter Pan story and have been collecting various version of the book.

I just hope they won't make J.M. Barrie's character to be a pedophile as some people have been speculating. It would irk me to see that as I really don't believe it to be true. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm excited for the next Pirates and I am very interested in his take on Willy Wonka

Lyndsey
Old 02-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Starlightmint:
<STRONG>

Me too. Especially since I'm a bit of a J.M Barrie fan. I'm a big fan of the Peter Pan story and have been collecting various version of the book.

I just hope they won't make J.M. Barrie's character to be a pedophile as some people have been speculating. It would irk me to see that as I really don't believe it to be true. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Word my nizzle...solid. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I don't believe it for a GD second either -- it's all hooplah. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm also so excited for the next POTC; since the first one was such a smash hit (with me and with the world), I have no doubt that there's always room for more Adventures of Cap'n Jack -- the sexiest pirate alive [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] (next to Orli, but that's for another thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]).

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't wait for Willy Wonka. I really want to see how it is with Tim Burton and Johnny's touch. I really didn't like the original.

I also acnt wait for Secret Window. I saw the trailer and it looks awesome.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebrin Sralond:
<STRONG>I can't wait for Willy Wonka. I really want to see how it is with Tim Burton and Johnny's touch. I really didn't like the original.

I also acnt wait for Secret Window. I saw the trailer and it looks awesome.</STRONG>
yes and yes.

i cant wait to see willy wonka cuz its one of my fav and i know jhonny will do such a great job

wow hes really busy

Bhery
Old 02-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bheryandcherry:
<STRONG>

wow hes really busy

</STRONG>
That means more Johnny to drool over [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

which is definitely a good thing

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 02-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait for any of it, it will all be good, as we all know, it just feels like its been so long since a Johnny movie (before POTC and Mexico)
"Now, I can hold a note for a long time, actually I can hold a note forever. But eventually that's just noise. It's the change we're listening for. The note coming after, and the one after that. That's what makes it music."
Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebrin Sralond:
<STRONG>

That means more Johnny to drool over [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

which is definitely a good thing</STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] very true
Old 02-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Actually, I had this back on the JD thread at male celebs, a list of his upcoming films and descriptions!

Upcoming films:
Secret Window - 23/04/04
Mort Rainey (Depp), a writer just coming off of a troublesome divorce with his ex-wife, Amy (Bello), finds himself stalked at his remote lake house by a psychotic stranger (Turturro) who claims Mort stole his best story idea

J.M. Barrie's Neverland - 22/11/04 (limited)
The movie details the experiences of 'Peter Pan' author J.M. Barrie, which lead him to write the children's classic. He got to know four children who have no fathers. Drawing from his time with the kids, he writes a story about children who don't want to grow up.

The Libertine - 2004
Johnny Depp portrays John Wilmot, a. k. a. the Earl of Rochester, a 17th century poet who famously drank and debauched his way to an early grave -- succumbing to syphilis at the age of 33 -- only to earn posthumous critical acclaim for his life's work.

The Rum Diary - 2004
Begun in 1959 by a then-twenty-two-year-old Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary is a brilliantly tangled love story of jealousy, treachery and violent alcoholic lust in the Caribbean boomtown that was San Juan, Puerto Rico, in the late 1950s.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 2005
The story begins when Willy Wonka, reclusive chocolate factory owner, announces a golden ticket contest. Five lucky people will be given a tour of his factory, and one will even win a lifetime supply of chocolate. Charlie, whose family is incredibly poor and can hardly afford to purchase a bar of chocolate, miraculously finds a golden ticket and is on his way to a full factory tour. But the four other children with him are not as virtuous as he, and begin to disappear as they disobey Wonka's instructions. Will Charlie make it through the factory tour unaltered?

Pirates of the Caribbean - 2005
The second high-seas adventure of Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann.

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 02-27-2004, 07:22 AM
Absolute Fan

oh thats brilliant!! Thanks for that, Nienna got movie posters! did you see? [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] Thanks Devi! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]