Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Johnny Depp Board Closing?

Grace (suddenly) and I (InitialSwitch) are discussing closing the board. I have already stepped down, but will remain until a new mod is chosen.

This board is a pride and joy for us, so closing it isn't a first option, but it seems to have become necessary.

However, before anything is done we have opened this thread for you to express your opinions and ideas for this board. Depending on what is expressed we will decide the next step.

Thank you for all of your support.

Love,
The Johnny Depp Mods

"Well, if it were easy, anyone could do it." - Raylan Givens (Justified)
"You're the Best." - Eames to Goren (L&O:CI)
Restored Sunshine| IconCredit: Me.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
This makes me so sad.
This is a fantastic board and I know boards that do way worse, we can get the post count up!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Its not so much about post count as it is that I'm stepping down and Grace is getting to the point where she might have to as well. For quite a while it has just been her and I posting on the board and then you her and I posting on the board.

If Grace steps down too who else wants to mod the board? We want the board to keep going, but I don't want anyone to feel abandoned or not have the support needed.

I'm all for getting more posters and the more we have and the more we have people who sign up to mod the better opportunity we have for the board to stay.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Like, Mel said, the issue here isn't necessarily the fact that we're not bottom of the post counts list. The fact is the board isn't active - it's been slowly diminishing for the past year and the last thing that either of us wish to see is the board forcibly closed. As much as it hurts to say this, if it's time for us to let the board go, then it's time. And Kelli and I both agree that we want Johnny to go out on a high - he deserves it
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I've been around and I know lots of amazing people that would post here but just don't know the board exists or are scared to start posting, which a lot of people are. But they would do it.

But if you guys really want to do this...
Old 03-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

I know lots of people who are fans of Johnny, definitely But it's just the case that his board isn't one of the most active, it's just the way it goes, I guess

Nothing's decided as of now, we're just throwing the idea around. Believe me, this is so incredibly hard to do
Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd hate to see the board go. I know I don't get around here often, but if the board sticks around I'll definitely make more of an effort to get away from lurking and do more posting.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'll do anything I can to make this board stay.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I have just discovered this board, then had my internet ripped away, then busy college, so have never been here much. I understand going out on a high, especially since the counts are going down, however I think this board may just need a new breath of life in it. Easier said than done, I know, but some new posters, or old posters returning. Maybe the Communications team might be able to do something to help with that, or anyone else can offer suggestions. I do understand the well, we maybe should now feeling, but I wouldn't let it go now, especially just before Pirates4 which could bring some new faces around.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Easier said than done, I know, but some new posters, or old posters returning.
I have contacted one person, just one... Well no, two. and both would love to post here, one of them already did. and I know I could get more posters here.

as for the Communications Team, we're working on a Board Spotlights! so I could ask around.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love all the support, and if we get more and have people who start posting then great! That is fantastic. I would love to have it here for Pirates 4, but I have to step down. My real life is getting a boost and I can no longer be on here the way I want, but I don't want to abandon the board to the way it was when I stepped down.

It breaks my heart to think I would be the one that caused the closing, but I've been here for over a year and even with Melika and I most of the time it was just her and I posting.

We have a couple of days to see what you guys decide and if everyone bands together and wants to save the board that is the best option. And that is certainly something I want to see.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

^ Everything that Kelli said

And don't worry, guys, the board is definitely sticking around for now! The increase in activity is promising and hopefully it'll continue to get better!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I lurk this board so much and it's not because I'm scared to post since I used to post here so much. It's just because after Lea got her board, I just strayed away from my other fandoms since I was a new Mod and was always on my board. I'm sure so many lurkers like me will see this and try to be more active. I'd die if his board closed.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

^You don't have to worry. This board is not closing anytime soon.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, this definitely got me posting more.