Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

It's weird that I'm such a Leyton shipper, because there's a part of me that is a COMPLETE sucker for the jock/jerk that falls for the nerdy/unpopular girl (example: A Walk to Remember ). But I think I'm such a super Leyton shipper because 1 - My favorite and most relatable character is Peyton, 2 - The exact reasons Sandy just gave about Lucas being such a complicated character. Nathan was pretty much predictable as the Jock that wants to be better for the girl he falls for but keeps screwing up. Lucas though, he's a bookworm that is actually atheletic. Then basketball takes over his life for like...a whole year (in OTH time) and then BAM, his heart condition makes him reevaluate his choices and we discover he's been writing a novel this whole time. Basketball wasn't Lucas' WHOLE life like they did with Nathan. The show didn't even give Nathan any other interests aside from basketball, whereas Lucas had it from episode one. The only other thing Nathan had was being a husband/father and those things were given to him as time went on.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Same here Cristal

The show mainly built up 2 things with Nathan - His athletic talents and his relationship with Haley. Other aspects of his character were just not concentrated on as much. But with Lucas - his love for literature, the passion for baskteball, the outcast feeling, the rivercourt boys, the love triangle with Brooke and Peyton, his abandonment issues because of Dan, his HCM - hiding it and later dealing with it etc. etc. just look at the number of dimensions this guy has!

Okay, I am calling rant. Lucas is not appreciated enough AT ALL by the OTH fandom
Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

He is definitely not appreciated enough!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww Jamie
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay, I'm sorry, I just laughed a little more than I should have because of the crazy irony here: the ad above the CW logo says "90210! It's back!" and Jordan's sig says "RIP 90210"

I wasn't expecting it to get cancelled even though I noticed the quality of the show going down, did it really get that bad?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

90210 was a mess! But it was my mess.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

90210 was finally canceled? I really love the original through and through. I understand that shows have remakes and there's always a new generation, but this time, it was about just letting it be what it was and not trying to recreate it.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Passionate Fan

SANDY

I'm sorry Jordan and I was kinda sad to hear it got cancelled too because the female cast were some of the most talented ladies I've seen on television in the past few years. But I think it's better to end a show before it goes on and on until it's reached it's lowest point and worst state... hmm reminds me of another show I know
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 2 was torture, except when it comes to the levels that James went to play Nathan in his depressed state. There were some awesome brother scenes too. Lucas really tried to understand what Nathan was going through since it didn't seem like anyone else could ever understand.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Absolute Fan

I felt that too, I don't think Peyton or Brooke or anyone else could really understand Nathan's pain like Lucas did. But that's who Luke is - he cares about everyone and understand every situation from everyone's point of view
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by timehealsall (View Post)
90210 was finally canceled? I really love the original through and through. I understand that shows have remakes and there's always a new generation, but this time, it was about just letting it be what it was and not trying to recreate it.
I could never get into the remake, I love the original way too much
Old 03-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
I felt that too, I don't think Peyton or Brooke or anyone else could really understand Nathan's pain like Lucas did. But that's who Luke is - he cares about everyone and understand every situation from everyone's point of view
and he understood the idea of no one being there. Even though Lucas had Karen in his life, he still didn't have a father figure. And yeah, Nathan's parents weren't exactly the Cleavers, but they were there. And sometimes, yet dysfunctional, Nathan relied on them. And then Haley left and everything just snapped. Lucas really saw through Nathan in that he wasn't being a jackass just to be a jackass, he was really hurting. Lucas knew he had to be there for his brother, not because no one else was, but because he was his brother.
{EphramAmy}
patricia