Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

I think what is the saddest is that, for a while there, it had seemed like he was on the right path. He had ended OTH, he was in California, relaxing yet he seemed to be stirring up something special with his time. We heard about acting classes, meetings... we know that Everlast came of that time, and it was a new chapter for him. But, now? It's all moot. It seems like he just wasted his (our) time doing God knows what, producing very little, and not changing at all. I know that Hollywood is a tough business and I can't fully blame Chad for ~not trying hard enough~ or whatever, but it's still crazy to me how little we have to show for our patience. I always had said that Chad "chooses roles that are close to his heart" so waiting for a good movie role would take time. But I don't think that was his case... I don't know, it's bittersweet to me. He could of really pushed for some indie roles or done a cult tv show on FX, something that would have made me feel better for spending my time on him other than two episodes on Southland and a few tv movies

I feel like this: this blunt would be easier to bruise if I had something really outstanding in Chad's work to make me proud. Again, in most of our situations, we were FAR too deep in to ~just be fans~, but I really do feel like I would be able to look past (yet still judge) his relationship/personal issues if he had done enough movies to make me proud to be a fan.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Goodbye to the Chad board and all my friends here!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow.

it's always sad to see a board close, especially a board that's been a part of for 10 years. Goodbye to the Chad board.

i love you. ♡
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

haven't posted here in a long time but so sad to see the chad board go. I've had the pleasure of getting to know chad over the years and i've been pleased to see his transformation over the years. we all have our demons and i've been privy to some of his. I knew that and support him anyway so i can't say I'm all of a sudden disappointed in him. i just wish him the best of luck in trying to figure out his life and what he wants to do with it, and hopefully he makes good choices.
I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me
OutlawQueen
Old 02-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel like this: this blunt would be easier to bruise if I had something really outstanding in Chad's work to make me proud. Again, in most of our situations, we were FAR too deep in to ~just be fans~, but I really do feel like I would be able to look past (yet still judge) his relationship/personal issues if he had done enough movies to make me proud to be a fan.
I think I would be able to look past his private life if he...you know...actually kept it private. It just rubbed me the wrong way how in-your-face he needs to be with his relationships and I just feel like it was WAY too over the top with Nicky. Like he was trying to prove something.
It was too much. I tried sticking around but it became too much to see that. I kept up with him for him - his career, his writing, his musings, etc - NOT to be bombarded with his new relationship.
All in all, I'm only 24 but I'm too old to be fawning over a celebrity with such a character. I should have known from the start - someone that acts like they have something to hide is usually hiding something. He seems to be hiding a lot of somethings and I don't have time or energy anymore to defend a person [I don't personally know] like that or defend myself for being a fan of someone like that. That's exhausting. It's been exhausting.

Last edited by UpInFlames; 02-08-2014 at 02:58 PM
Old 02-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sad to see the board go, tbh. But I will always value the friendships that I experienced while here. I checked on the board in a few threads to see what was going on, but honestly, there was no interest anymore. The board hung on longer than I thought it would. The posters is what made this board, not the subject it was intended for.

While I'm sad to see it go from lineup, I'm not sad to see it go because of what it would mean for the celebrity as a board would mean they have fans who care about him.

Not sure he has those anymore. With all the debilitating things he's done in the past few years, it's a wonder why he still has people in his corner. I backed down and thought I was wrong for judging him and not knowing the full story. We all knew the full story, yet we were still being sold this crap about how he'd changed and grown as a person...yada yada yada ...sell it to someone who cares.

And yes, every single relationship he's had (which as been a costar) he's flaunted in front of everyone saying they're the love of his life...okay, how many love of someone's life are there. I think, tbh, it's just his way to say "this is my flavor of the month" so people won't catch on to him being a total ass hat to everyone. There should be a chad's exes club or something, he's racking them up pretty good. He's never going to change and anyone thinks he can is just not seeing the whole picture and lying to themselves.

I wonder how long it'll take before this new girl realizes what type of guy he really is or is just in it for the fame of the red carpets and premieres. There is no value of being on that guy's arm

I hope to see some of you on the other boards of
patricia
Old 02-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a sad way for the board to go.
Amelia let me know of what is happening a few days ago and since then I thought a lot about what to post. I haven't posted here for a while now, I think a couple of years at least, but I was part of this board for a long time and a devoted fan of Chad's. As I said, I thought about what I wanted to say and I've decided I want to end my experience here on a positive note rather than a negative one. I read all the posts and I agree with some things that were said, disagree with others. Some things I find just, others too harsh. As far as I'm concerned, Chad was a big part of my life for several years. I loved him as an actor and as a person, I supported him and defended him and followed his projects. He and One Tree Hill were the reason why I joined FanForum, which has made my life richer thanks to the people I interacted with and the friends I have made, several of them still part of my life, even if in a different way now that Chad has stopped binding us together as it used to be. Chad was also what gave me the courage to meet some of these friends during two trips to Wilmington to visit the set. No matter what Chad might have done in his private life or how disappointing his career might be to some, I will always be grateful that thanks to my crush on him, I met those friends and lived those vacations, which remain some of the best memories in my life.
I don't want to partecipate in the discussion about his private life and the way he allegedly treats his women. That is not my business, not anymore. If there's one thing I've learnt during the years I've been a fan of Chad's, is that celebrities owe us only a good performance while their private life is theirs only to live. I don't like some of the things he did, other things I think were different than most people believe. I sure don't regret what I've said about the break up with Sophia Bush because anything I said was because of information that came to me from multiple and reliable sources.
I'm glad I was fortunate enough to know and meet Kenzie, because I believe she's the kind of woman every young girl should look up to. I wish her to find the right person one day and I wish the same to Chad. I don't know if he's still with Nicki or not, I don't even care. I don't believe Chad is evil. I think he's looking for something and probably he doesn't always go at it the right way. But I can't presume to judge him, especially considering the events of his childhood. Ultimately, Sophia was with him for a couple of years and Kenzie for 7, so I find it hard to believe there's nothing good in him. I do think life is hard for celebrities, in the sense that they are expected to meet a higher standard than what we all do. That's the downside of being famous, I guess. When they fall, they fall hard.
What I'm going to do is keep and treasure the memories of the emotions he made me feel through his performances and during those moments of my meetings with him, when he was so very kind and sweet to me and my friends. I will still watch his future projects if they catch my interest, because whatever he does with his personal life, I still think he has talent as an actor and I've learnt to separate the two things.

I do wish the board could have gone out quietly, not to preserve Chad and his reputation, but for what this board has been for so many years, for the great moments we spent here and the significance it had for many of us. But that is just my opinion.

I want to thank those who kept this board alive and kicking before, during and after my time here. And I want to give a virtual hug to those people who made it special to me: Shannen, Amelia, Sonia, Melanie, Kellie, Kia, Linda, Gal and Bia. Some of them posted regularly, some only made sporadic appearances, all of them have a special place in my heart.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Manu, you're right. I actually came on here to do a bit of clean up. As the board's final day being open, I want my final message here to be on a positive note and your post actually beat me to that.

I should have left it at my initial post when this thread first opened and I got a little carried away in reading how hurt and disappointed others are, too. Truth is, I am very protective of those I consider my friends and when they hurt, I hurt too and I have a tendency to react in a passionate way. So I'm going to back track, clean up a couple of my posts and omit any harsh things I may have said. Though they are what I feel, I don't think it should be immortalized on this board forever. People can change. People make mistakes and they shouldn't have to pay for those mistakes for the rest of their lives if they are remorseful and trying to change. So I don't want what I feel now to be something stuck here forever.

I am a forgiving person and I'm sure one day I'll find it in me to forgive what I personally experienced in all of this. I won't openly support, promote, defend or respect him in the way I did in 2010-2013, but I can forgive and look past imperfections. Today is just not that day, it'll come though. I just hope things can only go up from here - for us, for the girls, and especially for him. We all deserve peace and to feel appreciated no matter what.

To all the members and posters of the Chad Michael Murray Board, both past and present, it's been a experience and I hope for nothing but the best for everyone. May the closing of this board end relationship battles, confusion, disappointment and bring peace, enlightenment, and personal growth.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I think a lot of what I posted in this thread was out of anger. I don't want to edit my posts because a lot of feelings have stirred inside me over the past six or so months, and I need to let it out and let it go.

I don't hate Chad, and I don't think he's evil. I just think he's broken. And I understand the concept of liking a person's work versus their personal life. Yet, we were all so involved in Chad's personal endeavors here. I honestly don't think a single one of us can say that we were not connected or involved in some way with his personal life. Maybe if we weren't so fanatic with him, it would be different.

But it's just really difficult. I want to believe that Chad is a decent guy that's just messed up, even though all this advice has shown a really negative side of him. I will honestly hold out hope for him, that one day he'll be honest and happy and caring. I don't want to stick up for this same old guy anymore. It's not fun. It doesn't make me happy or proud.

Personally, I can't be a total fan (as I definitely was with Chad) of someone and not hold some sort of interest in their personal life. It's practically impossible, especially in this modern world we live in. But as I've learned, I'm definitely going to scale it back. I can care for someone, an actor, and be interested in their private side without going overboard and uber-idolizing them. It's just a practical -- and healthy -- thing to do.

I do have some regrets on this board. Mainly the time I spent here while I should have been studying I regret literally idolizing this board and the man we all inspired when I should have focused on my own growth as a person. I regret feeling that I knew the insides and outs of Chad Michael Murray... but Chad Michael Murray isn't the same man as Chad Murray, from Clarence, NY. He's the persona, the ~star actor~, the famous name in front of the actual man. As of right now, I have little interest in learning more about either sides. I'm done, I'm out. I can't do it anymore.

If this is my last post on this board, forever til the end of the Internet, then I just want to say that I hope Chad can become the man we all thought he was, and realize that it isn't too late, and to get whatever help he needs.

Thank you, always, to the posters of this board who were my friends. I love you.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I just want to say that i was really saddened to hear about the board's closing! I haven't been active here since years now, but i still loved lurking from time to time! Chad has been a very important part of my life, and thanks to him i met so many great friends that i cherish so much, we spent so many times here, and so many good moments! My trip to Wilmington was amazing! And i would have never met so many great friends and live this experience without him and this board. Thanks for all these great moments that i will never forget! Manu, Bia, Shannen, Kia, Amelia, Sam, Jules, Mel...
Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
I think a lot of what I posted in this thread was out of anger. I don't want to edit my posts because a lot of feelings have stirred inside me over the past six or so months, and I need to let it out and let it go.

I don't hate Chad, and I don't think he's evil. I just think he's broken. And I understand the concept of liking a person's work versus their personal life. Yet, we were all so involved in Chad's personal endeavors here. I honestly don't think a single one of us can say that we were not connected or involved in some way with his personal life. Maybe if we weren't so fanatic with him, it would be different..

You hit the nail on the head there. This would have been easier to stomach if we didn't get so closely and personally involved. For the people that "got out" for some time now and their chad fangirl days have dwindled or died out prior to all of this...it's probably much easier to seperated the two. But this is quite literally a slap in the face to the ones still investing so much time, hope, and respect to now feel foolish and used. When you're openly a fan of Chad, it comes(or came) with the territory that his past will follow him and you'll have to both defend yourself and him. It goes hand in hand. When you're questioned, you're not being judged for his talent...people are being judged for being a fan of an alleged cheater/douche. So what do you do? You defend your position as a fan of his work, that it was years ago and people change, and that people should move on, and so forth. Am I right? So now what? It's not years ago anymore, we're now dealing with months and weeks ago. What happens when his behavior that follows contradicts everything you defended? Frankly, as Amelia put it, so many of us were still so deeply involved...defending him on a personal level is so fresh to us that it's impossible to ignore and not feel betrayed. We no longer have the energy or will to defend a persons character when history repeats itself. Personally, I only do that for my own family and closest friends because I know them and I know their heart. I don't know Chad. I don't knowhis heart. I will not defend or stand by someone that is so quick to publicise their personal relationships and then humiliate his partners.

I mean. Amelia, Sandy, and maybe select few know vague details of why I am so personally affected by this. He made it personal where I'm involved. It's partially my fault for putting myself in that position, but it was also a bad move on his part. I'm not an idiot, I'm very observant, and it was just a slap in the face that he took me for an idiot that wouldn't connect the dots. It was hard for me to wrap my head around so if you guys think I'm being harsh in my posts now...it's a good thing we weren't talking back in September-October -November. I've learn to let it go. Forgive? Not yet. I don't hate him, I never can hate someone that brought so many good people in my life, I just don't appreciate false appreciation. I've said it many times via twitter and to others- I can never hate Chad, I just wish things didn't get so messy that I couldn't even stand by and offer support/kindness if he's in a bad place.

As I see it, we're tired of defending and filtering what people can and can't say. This board has been filtered and so heavily moderated for years, it was taboo to talk about certain things because we were too busy defending his name.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

STANDING OVATION over here, Cristal. Especially that last line.

This board has been so unique. We weren't all just casual fans here . A lot of us had inside information, a lot of us spoke in code and were privy to rumors of Chad's actions but exactly as Cristal has said, it was Chad's reputation over "the past" first, over all.

And I'm done with that. I don't want to filter myself anymore. Times are a'changin'. It's 2014, we are living in a world where we say and do radical things. We don't have to lightly skip around topics anymore. We're all ready for a change, and we deserve better.

I really don't know if Chad ever knew how much we did for him. I hope he did, at one point or another.

This is so bittersweet, because tomorrow, this board will be permanently closed. No more blue and yellow background. The pink is from another lifetime. This is truly heartbreaking, how a decade rattled down for this. And I feel like I'm stalling it from ending by posting more and more but this is The End. Bon voyage. See you on the other side.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Old 02-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

I am so greatful for all of the wonderful times I've had on this board. I've met and come to care about many members. Manu, Amelia, Kia, Sonia and various others. I thank Chad for bringing us together.
I'll never forget the all nighters we had waiting for pics from award shows we knew Chad was going to be at. I'll never forget the amazing CK book we made and how we were so proud of our work. I think I'm going to hold on to those memories because they make me smile.
I will always cherise my trip to Wilmington with Manu, Sonia and Kia. It was the most amazing trip, and I am going to hold on real tight to those memories. Chad gave me/us so much, I hate to think of all the amazing things I would have missed out on if I was never a fan. The OTH days and OTH will always hold a very special place in my heart. This is my farewell to a board I loved and a man I once idolized. I wish Chad all the best in the future and I thank him for everything he's given me.

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 02-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

edit - double post

icon; gracery | Marie