Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Board closing

Hi Everyone:

I never thought this would come to this, but sadly it has.
The time has come, and as much as I hate to say it, I have decided that it’s time to close this board.
This has been a hard decision and I have been giving it a lot of thought over the last few days and I have discussed it with some regulars here.
I’ve loved being a mod of the board, and posting here with great people, but I believe it is the right time to say goodbye to the board. Thank you all so much for everything. It was fun posting with you all.

You can use this thread as a place to say goodbye. But you also can share your thoughts about this and discuss it!

All the best,
Lena
Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I stopped posting here 5 months ago and if you were around or back tracking previous threads it's no secret why I stopped. I wasn't going to post since my opinions and stance were not well received last October, but I do check in quietly from time to time. I meant what I said back in October and in April when I stepped down - this board and it's members meant a lot to me. I put so much time ans energy in making this a friendly community during my time here and I made friends that I still speak to outside of the board. So of course I am aware, by my own observations and quietly checking in here, of the new developments. I can't say I'm surprised, I've had 5 months to come to terms and accept no longer being a fan and still hearing disappointing stories left and right.

That being said, yes it's hard to see the board go but I support the decision to let it go. Its been 10 years of great memories even if things got tense from time to time. Friendships were made here and if those friendships are strong then they'll carry on beyond the boundaries of this board. I messaged Ron last night to offer a listening and supportive ear, like I said - I've had 5 months to adjust to being so disappointed, angry, and even receiving backlash from fans and what I suspect even the man himself. I won't go into much detail of what I've learned and know, but I offer the same support to anyone that needs it.

If, on the other hand, anyone still doesn't believe me or the stance others have taken as well...that's fine too. We can't make people see what we do and there's no way we can unsee what we have.

With that being said, it's been good times. Its been bad times. But in the end, here's to you, CMM board.

Last edited by UpInFlames; 02-08-2014 at 04:20 PM
Old 02-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Thanks to all of you who worked to make the forum a great place to be for years.

I don't really want to say much, but I am very sad it had to come to this.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Great decision!

Old 02-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I am sad to see this board close down. But I think its for the best. I feel so betrayed by Chad right now and everything I believed him to be is a lie. I will probably never ever love and adore another celebrity like I did with him. This whole thing has taught me that you shouldn't love people so much when you don't know them personally and I'm sad and angry but I am so ready to just move on and forget him.

Sorry to say but I'm done hiding his faults for him, if you don't have any feelings against him then I just hope you settle and understand in time. Goodbye Chad. And goodbye to this board. Couldn't have been a better move to close it down for everyone.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Can I ask a question...I am reading what you are all posting and am so lost. Will someone fill me in?

On a side note, if I can do something to help keep the board open I will, let me know.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Basically, we've all come to the realization that Chad is a very bad person. He's treats women like dirt and uses his friends to make himself look like the good guy. And if I may add, lacks any kind of respect for anything or anyone. I pity anyone who wants to put up with him at this point. Considering the board, nobody wants to be his fan anymore. And nobody certainly wants to waste their time being a mod for his ungrateful ass.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMichaelScott (View Post)
Basically, we've all come to the realization that Chad is a very bad person. He's treats women like dirt and uses his friends to make himself look like the good guy. And if I may add, lacks any kind of respect for anything or anyone. I pity anyone who wants to put up with him at this point. Considering the board, nobody wants to be his fan anymore. And nobody certainly wants to waste their time being a mod for his ungrateful ass.
Wow that's interesting I use to be a huge fan back in the day .. Sad to see him change so much .. For all you fans you have done so well
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

I don't support Chad anymore, I don't respect him anymore and I just don't care anymore.
With that said, I'll never regret the amazing years I had at this board, where I was a mod for 2 years, right smack in the middle of the ''Kenzie & Sophia'' war, it was hard times but good times. I met some amazing people here, and they will be my friends for life.
I guess I'll just leave it at that.

^^ ChadMichaelScott, nicely put

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 02-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine_03 (View Post)
I don't support Chad anymore, I don't respect him anymore and I just don't care anymore.
With that said, I'll never regret the amazing years I had at this board, where I was a mod for 2 years, right smack in the middle of the ''Kenzie & Sophia'' war, it was hard times but good times. I met some amazing people here, and they will be my friends for life.
I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Well at least you have great friends here .. So sorry that his not what you thought he was
Old 02-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Well at least you have great friends here .. So sorry that his not what you thought he was
I'm sorry too.. So many of us spent years being fans, sticking up for him and really just taking alot of crap from alot of people. He has no idea how amazing his fans were. He threw it all away.
And to be really honest, I feel really bad for the way I treated alot of people here too back in the day. I always stuck up for Chad when it had to do with Sophia. Now I feel like a fool, because I'll bet it was all true. So if any old ''CS'ers'' are reading this, I'm sorry.

icon; gracery | Marie
Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm sorry too.. So many of us spent years being fans, sticking up for him and really just taking alot of crap from alot of people. He has no idea how amazing his fans were. He threw it all away.
And to be really honest, I feel really bad for the way I treated alot of people here too back in the day. I always stuck up for Chad when it had to do with Sophia. Now I feel like a fool, because I'll bet it was all true. So if any old ''CS'ers'' are reading this, I'm sorry.
So sweet I must admit I stopped being his fan during the OTH days after season 2 I just stop liking chad as a person .. Than the Sophia thing was hard to .. Again it's hard being so In love with a celeb they have no idea how much fans care
Old 02-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It's all from the heart. And I'm glad you're not sticking up for him anymore either. He doesn't deserve fans who would take hate for him and stand up and defend all his screw-ups. A part of me really wishes he would read this thread and realize that he needs to just grow up already. This isn't 2004.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:28 AM
New Fan

Why all of a sudden everyone thinks he's gay?
He's always been a huge whore. Ever since Dawson's Creek.
Do you guys also know that when OTH started filming he had a girlfriend and he cheated on her with Sophia. Then cheated on Sophia with Teresa - the girl who played a cheerleader. And many other gals, of course.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry too.. So many of us spent years being fans, sticking up for him and really just taking alot of crap from alt of people. He has no idea how amazing his fans were. He threw it all away.
And to be really honest, I feel really bad for the way I treated lot of people here too ack in the day. I always stuck up for Chad when it had to do with Sophia. Now I feel like a l, because I'll bet it was all tRue. So if any old ''CS'ers'' are reading this, I'm sorry.

Everything you just said. I wasn't here when things were tense at that time nor did I get into fights with anyone really, but I'll apologize to SOPHIA for even defending him. I feel so stupid to have allowed myself to be fooled, take his side and make excuses for him. Like, I actually got mad at Sophia for speaking the truth about how she truly feels about him after all these years - that he's a very very bad man - like she had no right to speak about him like that or voice her own feelings. I seriously look back at how I reacted to that and shake my head. On his instagram and on twitter I put myself in the line of fire so many times to defend him or Kenzie when trolls would say horrible things about Kenzie on his pictures because he never did anything about it (he never deleted the comments, never defended Kenzie, or step up to ask people to be respectful of the people in his life) and you never heard his gratitude to any of his fans for fighting his battles for him. I don't know if he even cares or if it means anything to him what many of us have done for him, but all we have to show for it is his silence and (now) feeling foolish for jumping in to defend him...so I can only assume it doesn't mean much to him.

He probably doesn't care. His social media and fan interactions seem to be so calculated and manipulative, I see that now. With that being said, I don't know who here or lurking here tweeted him a link to this thread with a few choice words, but you're wasting your time. If he loses a couple fans, he has thousands more willing to blindly follow. He's proven to me that he's a quantity over quality guy.

I don't know or care if he is or isn't gay and I won't make assumptions on that - that's not even necessary. I'm sure many of us know all the stories, rumors, and BtS info regarding his past like the back of our hands - we don't need to rehash any of that because I'm sure we're all well educated on it and its not hard to find.

What I do know is what's happening here and now, the way he treated me as a disappointed fan, and just EVERYTHING I'm hearing about his social media activities. Now the "DMSecrecyPls" days make sense.

All I can say is - Be who you really are and stop destroying people. There's no excuse whatsoever for knowingly hurting another.

Anyway - we're all just rambling now and venting in a way that should be taken to PM.
Has the request to voluntarily close the board been put in yet?
I think its clear everyone here is okay with the decision. We probably don't even need that grace period of a week to close the board because clearly no one here has anything good to say, we'll all just carry on talking about our disappointment and our filters have gone out the window. We all seem to have said our goodbyes and the sooner this board is closed the better.

Last edited by UpInFlames; 02-08-2014 at 05:41 PM