Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

That's hilarious. I didn't see it though.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by LilMouse
yea, he presented. I forgot which category he did, but he said, "2 years ago I was the host, last year I was one of 17(?) hosts, and this year I am 1 of (70?) presenters. Are you trying to tell me something? If you are, say it to my face. Be a man!"

why hasn't Conan hosted the Emmys again?
That was so funny. I believe he was one of 9 co-hosts, and then 1 of 27 presenters.

I'm a numbers geek, so I remember.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

wow my numbers were way off.

I hate how I hardly get to watch Conan b/c of school. I either have to catch the repeates the day later or watch him on Fridays only.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy
I'm voting for a Conan board just so a whole thread can be dedicated to his hair.
Heh. Knowing how you are, you'd probably end up making the whole board end up being dedicated to his hair. Ha.

Heee. When I came home for lunch at 3am the other night I caught some of a Conan repeat. I'd forgotten that he repeats at that hour, I'll have to remember that for the next time I come home for lunch.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 09-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Conan O'Brien is pretty funny. I've seen his show a few times.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Breaking news from tvguide.com
Quote:
LATE-NIGHT BOMBSHELL: There's been a major shake-up in late-night, folks. Conan O'Brien, who's been hosting NBC's Late Night since '93, has inked a new deal with the network that calls for him to replace Jay Leno as host of the Tonight Show in five years. "In 2009, I'll be 59 years old and will have had this dream job for 17 years," says Leno. "When I signed my new contract, I felt that the timing was right to plan for my successor and there is no one more qualified than Conan." Appropriately enough, the bombshell comes the same day the Tonight Show celebrates its 50th anniversary on the air. In other succession news, NBC is expected to announce that Kate Couric's 13-year-old daughter, Ellie, will replace her mama on the Today show in 2031.
Not sure how I feel about the switch since Late Night and the Tonight Show have completely different vibes, IMO. As long as Conan can still do "In the Year 2000" on the brightly-lit studio over at the Tonight Show set, I won't be doing much complaining. But I hope it doesn't mean he'll be leaving NYC because...yeah, that would suck.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't want him moving to Cali. I live in NY & like being able to get tickets to his show & see it whenever I want.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:44 AM
Passionate Fan

I have mixed feelings about the news. Conan certainly deserves it and an earlier time slot would make it a lot easier to watch. But, you know, I love Conan on Late Night as is and change = bad *lol*. But alas, there's still five more years.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

There's still plenty of time. But it's cool that he\ll be in Cali because now when I want to go to the USa I don't have to debate going to California or NY just to see Conan.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope Conan doesn't change his comedic style. I love the way he is.

fetch NY is better But I am *so* biased
Old 09-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Conan O' Brien is one of my favorite late night talk show host. I love alot of his skits. He is just hilarious.
My LJ
Old 09-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

I am so glad he's bumping Jay in '09!!!!
He, IMO, was always so much better then him. He is just so quick with the jokes and one-liners. And he's zany. I will actually be watching late nite in '09! Too bad it's not sooner.

I think he's most likely going to leave NYC, which sucks. But, I probably will be living in California by then, So I have no problem with that.

kenny | credit