Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Help The American Dreams Board - *IMPORTANT*

Alright, guys (and girls). I know that things here were pretty slow here when the show was off-air, and now we won't be getting a new episode until March....But the season is still going and in order to keep the American Dreams board here at FF, we'll need 100 posts a week. The last few weeks we didn't even get halfway there. So, at the moment we're in danger of losing the board if we don't get the required amount of posts in each week.

This doesn't mean panic, or stop posting here. It's not over yet. I'd like to hear all of your ideas on what you think we can improve here. Maybe some topic discussions for new threads, or maybe how to get other fans over here and posting. I know there are a lot of Milo fans around FF, so maybe we can get some of them over here to help out. Anything you guys can do will be greatly appreciated. Again, let me know what you think and any help would help even a little bit! Thanks!

Kara

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Passionate Fan

we could pay people haha j/k

hey everyone try for 3 posts a day

that should help

mandy

Jim: Hmmm, I'd say 1 in 6.
Pam: What?
Jim: Oh, I thought you asked me what our chances were in being murdered here tonight.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Pay people...Right. Take it off my paycheck.

3 posts sounds alright, but I don't want everything thinking they HAVE to post here. I like it when everyone WANTS to. Any posts here that can be made so we can keep this board alive would be great.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd be completely down for making three posts a day...but I also hope that other people would do that to. The only reason I don't post everytime I come to the board is cause sometimes I come and I see that I'm the last person who posted.

But I do hope that everyone WANTS to post!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Well another week and we'll have a new episode. That should help.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Good timing for me to de-lurk. I'll be sure to post quite a bit.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:15 PM
New Fan

oh gosh... i don't want to lose this board... this is my first ever post but i am on here reading about shows a lot... i really want a 4th season of AD. I hope it happens. I'll try to start posting daily! C'mon everyone, POST!!!

Old 03-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for coming in to help, everyone. It means a lot.

Old 03-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I was sent this because I'm joined up with AD Yahoo Groups and this might help for anyone who lives in the LA area
Quote:
As some of you know,I am production manager at KNX 1070 radio here in LA.We do a Business program from 12-2 Mon-Fri.We always talk about show biz anyway and I am now proud to announce that next Wed,March 9th in the 12 Noon hour our guest will be.. JONATHAN PRINCE! He will talk about the business,what it takes to make it and of course American Dreams with our host Bob McCormick.If you live in the LA area or in So.Cal,you can hear our station since it's 50k watts,one of the stongest in the USA. The best part is that he will also be taking calls from listeners so if you ever wanted to talk with Mr.Prince,this is your chance! Since AD comes back on that night,I felt this was a good chance to promo the show.Ok,and the fact that I play a tv reporter is another reason to watch! I hope to hear as many as you possible call in and ask questions! Ok,so do I get a gold star or something now?? All My Best! Raul rpmoreno@cbs.com
Old 03-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Just a reminder that the post counts will start tomorrow. It's important to the Management Team that this website remain current and fresh. Active, thriving message boards are the best indication that we're providing an inviting place to people to come and discuss their interests. You need to achieve 100 posts a week. If you fail to meet this minimum four times over a three month period, the board will be closed.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Total Fan

i have been lurking around this board and this is a great board!! i am so going to 3 posts a day!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh
i have been lurking around this board and this is a great board!! i am so going to 3 posts a day!!!
That would be wonderful! Welcome to Fan Forum.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's some more stuff sent my way by the AD Fan Club:

More stuff from AD Fan Club:

Quote:
Hello everyone! I just spoke to Jeff Zucker's assistant, and she was so supportive and positive regarding our campaign. She said that Jeff Zucker is MOST DEFINITELY kept apprised of the situation, and that they have received thousands of postcards. Although she is not always privy to network info, (like definitively knowing whether or not they are going to pick up the show,) she said that overall she sees our campaign as having a very positive effect. She also mentioned that neither calling nor emailing have as great of an effect. Emails are not always sent to Jeff Zucker's office, and sometimes they are just too busy to take calls. So keep those postcards coming!!! WE ARE BEING HEARD-- SO KEEP IT UP! I couldn't be happier, I am in awe of all of you for your hard work! Leigh americandreamsfanclub@yahoo.com
Old 03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

This thread is more for post count information, the fan club stuff belongs at the here please.

Last week, this board received 98 posts. If the post count is under 100 3 more times the board will be closed.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have been sticking around helping out with the board. I've been gone for a while due to a couple family and school situations, but I should be back now. So, thanks again!