Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she definitely represented that kind of comfort Joan needed in that moment. Goth God was interesting. All the recurring Gods were pretty cool in their own way. I enjoyed Joan's relationships to them all and that no matter who it was she was still snarky.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah - I really just love her relationship with each God, and it's so cool to me that Amber's own dad played God a couple of times!

Goth God and Joan's relationship was another of my favorites - he was always the one who kind of managed to get her speechless

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, that was cool her dad was on the show. I love his appearance in Friday Night, when he talks to her about juggling and says that's what you have to do in life.

Hee, getting Joan speechless was pretty cool.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Supreme Fan

I was surprised that they didn't have her dad on more often...

I really liked her and Johnny Godway from Night of the Zombies They just had a natural chemistry together even though he was around for only that one episode.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I really liked her and Johnny Godway from Night of the Zombies They just had a natural chemistry together even though he was around for only that one episode.
I completely and utterly agree. That was entertaining and worked very well, they could have/should have written him in more after that.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah - he was one of my favorites

I would say my top three Gods (based on their interaction/chemistry with Joan) would be Cute Boy God, Goth God, and Old Lady God (I see her in absolutely everything and my fiance and I are always like "It's Old Lady God!!" )

Who are your top three?

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Passionate Fan

She is in absolutely everything. I saw her on Desperate Housewives on Monday! FYI I was not watching Desperate Housewives, I was waiting for flight of the conchords to come on (and no its not on the same channel but I live in a Uni Hall and blah blah irrelevant blah). Anyway, whenever I see her it's Old Lady/Laningham God.

Goth Kid God was my favourite, Johnny Godway's up there, and Cute Boy God is the classic God.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
(and no its not on the same channel but I live in a Uni Hall and blah blah irrelevant blah).
"blah blah irrelevant blah"

I really liked Goth God in second season - he kind of became the replacement for CBG as he and Joan became closer and more familiar with each other. I wonder why Kris Lemche didn't come back as much in season 2, whether it was his schedule or if they didn't even ask him?

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)

I really liked Goth God in second season - he kind of became the replacement for CBG as he and Joan became closer and more familiar with each other. I wonder why Kris Lemche didn't come back as much in season 2, whether it was his schedule or if they didn't even ask him?
Yeah, I'd like to know that too, see that's the type of thing that they should include in commentaries.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
New Fan

Sorry I've been gone awhile - I was employed again, which made me all sorts of busy, then I reformatted my PC and forgot my password till now. X_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
Yeah, I'd like to know that too, see that's the type of thing that they should include in commentaries.
Pardon the pun but a-fricking-men.

Though, it could be because Kris Lemche was too busy with Final Destination 3. From the looks of things, it seems the shooting schedule for both FD3 and JoA were around the same time.

Also! I'm so excited - next week is Holy Week vacation, which our country takes pretty seriously (being Catholic and all), and which also translates into 2 things:
1) More alone time for me.
2) More importantly, I get time to go through a JoA marathon (and not feel guilty in the least for shipping my favourite God incarnations XDDDDDDD)!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really liked Goth God as I think he was so different not only in the looks but the way he spoke to Joan. I felt like there was a good connection with Joan.

Maybe they couldn't afford to keep bringing Kris back as they spent their money on the Duffs?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy. (View Post)
I really liked Goth God as I think he was so different not only in the looks but the way he spoke to Joan. I felt like there was a good connection with Joan.

Maybe they couldn't afford to keep bringing Kris back as they spent their money on the Duffs?
I actually found Goth God's somewhat soft tone of voice and mild speech inflections (compare with the self-assured, to the point of being cocky, confidence that's become the trademark of Cute Boy God) somewhat unnerving at first. Call me a tad prejudiced, but most of the goth people I know (and I know quite a lot on the local front) were hardly softspoken, and not just because of the way they look. They have this "don't mess with me and my underground ways" aura about them. Goth God, in spite of being goth, doesn't seem to have any of that about him.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also loved Old Lady God, she also brought that comfort for Joan when things weren't going so well.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligayaharuka (View Post)
I actually found Goth God's somewhat soft tone of voice and mild speech inflections (compare with the self-assured, to the point of being cocky, confidence that's become the trademark of Cute Boy God) somewhat unnerving at first. Call me a tad prejudiced, but most of the goth people I know (and I know quite a lot on the local front) were hardly softspoken, and not just because of the way they look. They have this "don't mess with me and my underground ways" aura about them. Goth God, in spite of being goth, doesn't seem to have any of that about him.
I agree that the combination of the look of Goth God with his soft-spokenness was great! It caught me off guard at first too.

I guess I never really saw CBG as cocky (self-assured I will agree with) - I think it was more him being "snippy" (as Joan would put it)

Overall, I really liked that they gave God a sense of humor no matter what form God was in

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was watching Silence and the egg and spoon race is freaky when the twin girls were walking next to Joan.