Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-06-2008, 02:54 AM
New Fan

I think it could work with Goth!God too.

I dunno if this pairing would work with other forms of God though, seeing as the child Gods technically look too disturbingly young, and DogWalker!God squicks me (since the actor playing Him is Amber Tamblyn's real-life dad X_x).
Old 09-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Yeah... that would be a little awkward.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 AM
New Fan

That's definitely true!

But, would y'all be open to pair Joan with a feminine incarnation of God, like, say, PunkGirl!God?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

what's wrong with a little incest? Just playing

When they danced together,
Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But, would y'all be open to pair Joan with a feminine incarnation of God, like, say, PunkGirl!God?
That would have been interesting. I don't think the audiences would've really gone for something like that.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasin' the wind (View Post)
That would have been interesting. I don't think the audiences would've really gone for something like that.
I definitely have to agree with you (gar conservative audiences pfft ). But I personally would have loved to see the dynamic of that (femme!God x Joan), even if it's all really squinty subtext. I'm thinking about writing that into the continuation to my fic, because it would be fun to explore if Joan can be enamoured not just by the outer shell - i.e., either the Cute Boy or Goth incarnations - but also by the fact that underneath those incarnations would be the God she'd love. I must admit I never paid as much attention to PunkGirl!God though, compared to other female incarnations like LittleGirl!God and OldLady!God / Mrs.Landingham!God.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like an emo God? That'd be interesting for sure
Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to read your next FanFic.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just thinking another one of my favourite Gods was the pop up spam God
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 AM
New Fan

Thanks guys!

Ah, the pressure... XD;;;
Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Supreme Fan

I just read a quote from a scene from Death Be Not Whatever, and thought I'd post it here since it reminded me how much I love Joan's relationship with God (not even in a shipper way)

Joan; Why does it have to be so hard?
God; What, specifically?
Joan; Being alive. Let's start there.
God; You wish you weren't alive?
Joan; No, I- I don't know. I wish it didn't hurt so much.
God; It hurts because you feel it, Joan, because you're alive. You love people. That generates a lot of power, a lot of energy, same kind of energy that binds atoms together. And we've all seen what happens when you try to pry them apart.
Joan; So if I don't get attached to people, then it won't hurt so much?
God; No, it's in your nature to get attached to people. I put that in the recipe. It's when you guys try to ignore that, when you try to go it alone, that's when it gets ugly. It's hell.
Joan; It's hell? Like THE Hell?
God; Oh, look. Your house. Go on, Joan. People are waiting for you.

I really love that scene

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I just read a quote from a scene from Death Be Not Whatever, and thought I'd post it here since it reminded me how much I love Joan's relationship with God (not even in a shipper way)

Joan; Why does it have to be so hard?
God; What, specifically?
Joan; Being alive. Let's start there.
God; You wish you weren't alive?
Joan; No, I- I don't know. I wish it didn't hurt so much.
God; It hurts because you feel it, Joan, because you're alive. You love people. That generates a lot of power, a lot of energy, same kind of energy that binds atoms together. And we've all seen what happens when you try to pry them apart.
Joan; So if I don't get attached to people, then it won't hurt so much?
God; No, it's in your nature to get attached to people. I put that in the recipe. It's when you guys try to ignore that, when you try to go it alone, that's when it gets ugly. It's hell.
Joan; It's hell? Like THE Hell?
God; Oh, look. Your house. Go on, Joan. People are waiting for you.

I really love that scene
Yeah. I love it because it one of those times when God kind of lets Joan in on how things are, but it's just a glimpse, and it's still so little and ambiguous. But it's those moments that the powerful nature of not just what joan does but what everyone does. I think that's the thing, Joan didn't have "special powers" she was just more aware of what everyone contributed to the universe and each other by their actions and told to do specific things which illustrated that to us as the audience.

Sorry, my mind isn't in a very good explaining state right now, it seems, and I don't think that made much sense.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Makes perfect sense Joan is quite aware of the impact of others and the impact she has on others, especially after these kind of moments with God. In that scene, Kris Lemche did such an amazing job and it was just such a great moment between the two of them. I remember when Joan ended I hoped to see them together again in a movie or show because they just had such amazing chemistry.

I also love the scene with Joan and God when Joan is at the hospital and Old Lady God just hugs her while she cries..,.it was such a heartbreaking moment

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

^ I love that scene at the hospital too and the appropriateness for Old Lady God to be the one who was there for her.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah - the writers always seemed to do a really good job of having the appropriate God form to fit the scene. Old Lady God was just so perfect for that moment, kind of filling the role of a grandma. I also really liked Goth God and Joan's interactions - he kind of seemed to replace Cute Guy God by the end of the show and was on it way more.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~