Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Adam/Grace Friendship Appreciation Thread

Is there anyone here who likes (and liked to see more of) Grace and Adam's friendship. They've been friends since they were three and obviously there are memories.

Also, regarding "Sewer Walking" in Anonymous, it seemed as if Grace was saying that she felt left out because of Adam/Joan's close-knit relationship. I wish they would have delved into that and had A/G have a discussion or what not.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm definately on board with this one. And I would love to actually see more of Grace and Adam's friendship, especially a scene with the two of them, unfortunately there's the Girardi in every scene rule that prevents that.

But I'd be happy with just some more little "filler" type things (the proper word escapes me at the moment) like in "Requiem..." where they're thumbwresting in the hallway.

"I'm just a simple anarchist trying to get through my day" - Grace ~ JoA
Old 09-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh, I so love you for making this thread. I absolutely love all things Adam/Grace. The whole history of a friendship is cool, but I really wish that they would expand on everything.

I agree on the Sewerwalking poem, I had the exact same thought about it being about their relationship 'pre' other girls.

I really am hoping for more interaction with the two in the new season.

-Zia
Old 09-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for starting this topic! I'd like to know more about Adam and Grace's friendship, how they became friends. Just because they've known each other since pre-school doesn't necessarily mean they were friends at that time.

Maybe now there will be an exception to the Girardi-in-every-scene rule, since Chris and Becky will be full-fledged cast members. I can also see Joan trying to get information from Grace about Adam, what he was like when he was younger, etc. Grace would probably say it's none of her business, then let stuff slip anyway. Semi-embarrassing stuff, probably.

Or Luke could ask Adam some questions about Grace. I'm not sure how Adam would handle that, but he's certainly seen different sides of her than what Joan and Luke (and the audience) have seen so far. She can't have been that rebellious and angry since pre-school, I don't think. If something specific happened, or if it was a gradual change, Adam would probably have noticed at the time. He might not feel it's his place to tell stories about Grace, though.

I'd like to get more of his perception of her, because I'd think her friendship with him is very different from her friendship with Joan. And I'll bet Adam has been a frequent visitor at the Polonsky residence.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!

I LOVE GRACE/ADAM!! There is just so much we don't know. I really hope the show decides to give us some insight to the two of them. Even if we have to hear them telling it to a third party. (although really wishing for some just Grace/Adam scenes or if they really must stick to that blasted rule have Luke or Joan passed out in the back ground or something ) I often wonder about their past, they don't seem the Joey/Dawson Willow/Xander type of friends but yet still you get the impression (or at least I do ) that they were close and had each others back. Kinda like they just knew, the didn't have to spend hours talking or staying at the others house etc etc I think there friendship was like that scene on the school steps. No talking, each doing there own thing but yet they were together and knew what the other was thinking. Kinda like each others escape from the real world. A safety zone....or I could be a million miles off base
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CountryBumpkin - I agree with what you said. The seem to be each others saftey zones and I loved the episode when they were hanging out together but doing there own thing.

I hope they do go into more depth of there friendship. It is an amazing on at that.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 09-27-2004, 02:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I figured this would be the right thread to put this on, even if it is pimping fanfiction...

I've started a new piece that is going to revolve around the whole Adam/Grace friendship thing. It's sort of an in depth look at my ideas of their friendship. This summary sounds bad...but I can't really think of a way to word it without giving much away. Anyway I just posted the first chapter up on fanfiction.net, check it out if ya wish. I am definately open to suggestions. That's why I posted it in this thread.

Inferno

Old 09-27-2004, 04:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Unfortunately, nothing Grace/Adam-related in the premiere, not that I expected it. I'm sure they did spend a lot of time together with Joan gone. It'd be nice to see some focus on their relationship as generally, it gets put on the back burner. Oh well, the rest of the season awaits.

Thanks for the link shadowcrawler05! I'll check it out when I have time. A/G fanfic is always good.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

shadowcrawler05 Is there anything you can't do? First the wonderful wallpapers and now this amazing fic! I loved it! I'm very interested in seeing where you are heading with it. Great start...now I'm off to read your other fics
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm very interested in seeing where you are heading with it
You and me both...

I was sorta hoping the premiere would give me a little something to work with, like even just hearing Adam say "Well I hung out with Grace a little" when Joan asked him what he did all summer...but no. Hopefully I'll figure enough out to have a new chapter posted before Friday. You'll be the first to know.

Quote:
shadowcrawler05 Is there anything you can't do?
Well, I can't surf, ski, and/or sail...

Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

We haven't seen much of Adam and Grace's friendship yet this season, but we've only had one episode. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for them to have scenes together. Now that they're both emotionally entangled with members of the Girardi family, they might want to go to each other for advice. Or they might both miss the closeness they used to have, and may want to spend some quality time with each other, without any Girardis tagging along.

I think we'll be learning more about both of their families, so that might shed some light on their friendship, in the past, and give them more opportunities in the future to show why they value their friendship.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:41 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved the little Adam/Grace scene tonight. Adam not saying anything but giving her a little pat on the back that echoed 'I hear ya'. And it cemented that the fact that their relationship is based on subtle looks and gestures, not conversations.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I almost expected Adam to say something to Grace, like, "Can you believe this? What are we doing here?" Then I realized it didn't need to be said. That little pat on the shoulder, though, that little reassurance, made me happier than most of the Adam/Joan-Jane interactions. Not that I want them to wind up together, but they have a more solid relationship, at this point, than Adam and Joan, much as it pains me to say it. I'm hoping we'll see more Adam/Grace bonding while Joanith are acting like giggling idiots.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't get to watch the new ep until this morning(work sucks) and that scene between Adam and Grace, was one of my favorite scenes.

I want to hear the backstory of their friendship, because it does seem to be such a strong one.

I hope that it isn't just a whole scene with little scenes like in last nights episode, but with actual dialogue mabye? *gasp* hehe

-Zia
Old 10-06-2004, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

ITA Zia We get that much from a simple pat on the shoulder can you imagin what actual talking would do?

I'm dying to see there back story. It just has to becomming, we get little tidbits now and then but I'm greedy I want it all. Because as much as I love Grace/Luke and Adam/Jane there is just a bond between close/best friends that needs to be kept so if something were to happen to one of them you would think they would turn to each other for support instead of the new people in their life.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s